It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blow it up and own it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So we're not just talking about one flag now.

It's statues in various states. It's talk of assassinating the president. It's statues of Washington, Lincoln it's the Jefferson Memorial, it's Mt. Rushmore.

So when I say book burning is next, it's not hyperbole any longer.

But I say do it. Destroy it all. Erase it all, wipe it all out.

Then ####ing own it.

Show the world what you really are. Show the world that history scares you. Show the world that inanimate objects trigger you.

Show the world how weak you really are. Show the world how authoritarian you really are.

Go on with your bans. Your censorships, your destruction of history, property, landmarks.

But along with that, stop the damned lying about how you are for freedom and equality.

Just quit lying about free speech.

Embrace your authoritarian side. Own it.

Losers.

Its a trigger vs trigger proxy war.

Both sides are fed up with one another (coming from an outsider looking in).

But both are justified in the if beliefs by their peers. I know where this will go, but do you?

And I'd like everyone to imagine there are some without a dog in the fight, is it worth it?

That's what I get from viewing the blogs of both sides. The white separatists in the USA really just want their own small towns to remain the same as they are. It's the left-wing who are hell bent on bringing in refugees, buying or renting motels and apartment blocks, filling them with up, and then leaving the city to deal with the problems and cost of integration, crime and care, all to achieve a "world without borders". New Labour did this with right-wing in the UK - "rubbing the right wings nose in diversity". That got them voted out and turned into a fringe minority party. Now everywhere around London is self-segregating into wealthy areas and ghettoes where 1 in 4 are below the poverty line.

It's the same situation in Europe. These NGO's run a ferry service between Africa and Europe bringing in refugees by the thousands. It's then left up to the local cities in places like Italy, Greece, Portugal and France to take care of them. Then Merkel decide to bring in one million newcomers and then disperse them across Europe. That was enough to cause Brexit. Just look at what is happening in Calais with people trying to climb into vehicles.

Same people behind it all: Soros, Goldman Sachs "you've got to break an egg to make an omelette" and the left-wing.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: dfnj2015

I owe it all to the great Rocky Balboa, real American hero. Who actually existed, as attested to by this statue.

He hit fictional black men in the face for money. Tear that statue down

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

There is a neo-nazi group that burns books all the time in Southern California...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't have to be around here long to see that it's a bunch of far right circle jerkers trying to justify the actions of those people and hiding behind free speech. Free Speech is fine, when it crosses that line it isn't. I am talking about the events of this past weekend, in case you haven't reviewed the first hand accounts. It was a group of white supremacists attacking a diverse group of people who were defending themselves.

I am not trying to make excuses for any of the stupid # going on throughout the country right now with the destruction of statues and what not. I think it's stupid, and just a few posts above the one that you replied to I made a post that I felt took the stance of not being behind that exactly.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Consummate liars never own the truth. While you are busy chasing down the proof they lied, they are off somewhere else plotting their next big caper.

They depend on your outrage...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have a friend who lived in Russia while they were taking down statues of Stalin and Lenin. The people there had a lot of the same arguments as those on ATS today.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It might mean something if the totality of Republican support wasn't always bent toward the racist angle. If they weren't always in the same line as White Supremacists, supporting policies that keep racists voting for them. But please continue with this inspiring rant about saving history while quietly defending Nazis and the KKK. There is no moral line among Trump supporters. And Republicans are Trump supporters, so there is no moral line among Republicans. They are the ISIS, the Taliban, the extremists, the hateful radicals of the U.S. and they will whine and cry their way to totalitarianism with never a thought on GOODNESS. 'Goodness' and 'love' and 'togetherness' are the pleas of their enemies.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It's statues in various states. It's talk of assassinating the president. It's statues of Washington, Lincoln it's the Jefferson Memorial, it's Mt. Rushmore.

It's still hyperbole. Just because a random person says "hey, we should do that" in a Facebook comment or on cable news show doesn't mean the probability has really gone up at all. It's odd how some people will brush off tweets from the President of the United States of America and then go nuts over some off the cuff comment from a commentator who has zero political power.

I don't want to call the outrage "feigned" because I'm sure some people are legitimately angsty, so maybe I'll go with "opportunistic outrage." It's when a person lowers his triggering threshold to "absurd" because he actually wants to be triggered.

Show the world what you really are. Show the world that history scares you. Show the world that inanimate objects trigger you.

So inanimate objects aren't worth getting triggered over? Then why are there 20 threads, including your own rant, from hysterical conservatives, who seem to be scouring the Internet, looking to be triggered by any random "liberal" who suggests removing, defunding or destroying one?

Show the world how weak you really are. Show the world how authoritarian you really are.

Stop telling me what to do, you authoritarian! GRRRR! I'm filled with self-righteous indignation!

Do you know what is really authoritarian? When one group has all the political power and then forces a subjugated group to deal with them putting up hundreds of statues to their glorious leaders in every effing public space they can find to demonstrate their control.

How aren't these statues all icons of authoritarianism?

Listen, while I think the OP is a bit hyperbolic indeed at this point, I disagree with you as well. I think it is significant that people are speaking this way. I think it is significant that they are, in fact, pulling down monuments. You can't just ignore it and say nothing will come of it, because something might. And yes, what might, although still unlikely, come of it, is burning books.

Leave the statues. Leave the monuments. Remembering our history is important. The social context will take care of itself.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Nope, not defending the KKK. Just pointing out the left has its violent groups too. Groups that don't need egged on to commit violence.

Title: Leftist mobs silence foes at Berkeley, where free speech movement was born

www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-free-speech-berkeley-kass-0203-20170202-column.html

"There've been many examples over the past year or so, of violence at political rallies and so on, but how about something that's fresh in the news?

Berkeley.

People were beaten there by leftist mobs in the name of social justice, beaten to the ground to prevent free speech. Young Trump supporters were beaten."

Protests, Violence Prompt UC Berkeley to Cancel Milo Yiannopoulos Event
www.nbcnews.com...

It goes back to the weather underground, and Obama's mentor Bill Ayers. A domestic terrorist that set bombs off at public places, and lost a girlfriend when a bomb being built detonated.

Your defense and hiding the violence history of leftists extremists is sickening.
edit on 19-8-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's the left's hypocrisy that people and a notion as a whole are tired of!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Your words are for the history books... That will probably be burned, too. All the same, I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So we're not just talking about one flag now.

But I say do it. Destroy it all. Erase it all, wipe it all out.

Then ####ing own it.

Go on with your bans. Your censorships, your destruction of history, property, landmarks.

But along with that, stop the damned lying about how you are for freedom and equality.

Just quit lying about free speech.

Embrace your authoritarian side. Own it.

Losers.

Thank the Universe, that the up and coming generations, do not have to see these statues anymore.It's a new age in time.let's get rid of the 70s on down way of thinking, its catastrophic to the real way of thinking in life, for the newer more realistic generation that's coming up.

Get rid of all the evil history before the newer generations see just how mental the 70s on down generation were and still are.Thank you, Universe I see light at the end of the tunnel.The good is winning.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
No one today was alive during the civil war. Cant we use this energy in a more constructive way. I'd rather see people protest poverty somehow. I just think this is a waste of time and energy.
edit on 19-8-2017 by tonycodes because: 👌

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Not sure you can speak on behalf of the entire "notion".

What I think you are actually tired of is that Trump won the election yet you are still losing.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

When people ignore the history of leftists violence, and even try to justify violence, we all lose.

Please cite the condemnation by the congress and senate of the unprovoked UC Berkeley attacks and destruction by leftists mobs. All in response to the scheduling of a conservative speaker.

Missouri governor calls for expulsion of Dem senator who urged Trump assassination

www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/18/missouri-governor-calls-for-expulsion-dem-senator-who-urged-trump-assassination.amp.html

Nebraska Democratic Party official says he’s ‘glad’ Scalise was shot, wishes Republican was dead www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/23/nebraska-democratic-party-official-says-hes-glad-scalise-was-shot-wishes-republican-was-dead/amp/

LEFT-WING TWITTER CELEBRATES SHOOTING OF REP. SCALISE [UPDATED]
news.grabien.com...

The conservative movement denounces the white hate groups and all violence. Time for the left to denounce those that promote violence and use false allegations of racism to censure speech.

Thanks for misquoting Trumps message. Trump was simply saying we should not be held hostage by the extremes of the left and right.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
No one today was alive during the civil war. Cant we use this energy in a more constructive way. I'd rather see people protest poverty somehow. I just think this is a waste of time and energy.

As in fighting present day slavery that is very real? Human trafficking?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

What?

Who are you talking to and what point were you trying to make with that post?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

The history of a violent left goes back to at least the weather underground.

The resent UC Berkeley protesters proves the extreme left will resort to beatings and destruction of private property when left even unopposed.

What does it mean when the democrats will not denounced riots that result in personal attacks. Use false accusation of racism to censor speech. Will not denounce a government offical citing Trump needs assassinated? Leftists glad when people get shot?

Simply, people are tired of the left's hypocrisy and a media that will not denounce all violence and false accusations. In fact, a media the pushes false accusations of racism. A media that glosses of the violence of the left.

And we haven't even touched on the strong arming of democratic backed unions. Unions that have work funneled to them, and then repay the favor in campaign contributions.
edit on 20-8-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that. Added last paragraph

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Why are you telling me this? Do you think this is information I asked for or its countering a point I made?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
At the same time, I am feeling actually concerned and a bit paranoid now that the Boston Rally is being characterized as "peaceful heroic protesters fighting neo nazis," when it doesn't seem to have been that at all. It actually seems as if there is an effort to conflate freedom of speech with white nationalism and Nazism.

The coverage seemed pretty Orwellian, to be honest.

a reply to: theantediluvian

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join