It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blow it up and own it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I owe it all to the great Rocky Balboa, real American hero. Who actually existed, as attested to by this statue.

But Philthadelphia removed Rocky's statue in an attempt to makes us forget about the ess show that was Rocky III.

And it didn't work.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

I owe it all to the great Rocky Balboa, real American hero. Who actually existed, as attested to by this statue.

Im offended by this statue because it's displaying a white man celebrating voluntary violence.
edit on 8/18/2017 by Tundra because: Jk yall. Jk. i love rocky

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So when I say book burning is next, it's not hyperbole any longer.

They will have to pry my copy of "Consumer Reports" from my cold dead hands.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

a reply to: TexasTruth

[Quote]You show more alarm at the removal of a statue that's at best, slightly historic, than the death of a person. You think you're on the right side of this?

Honestly, how concerned are you about this persons death? People die everyday and it f**king sucks. But, did you eat your cheerios with no qualms this morning?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

Looks like you completely missed the point.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ok, so you are a male. Got it, apologies. As for Texas being in my screen name, I have actually thought of starting a thread on that subject. (Maybe I will today).
I signed up before the big Myan Apoc year after lurking around here. I loved following the UFO, paranormal, doomsday, crazy stuff that this site was overflowing with. The triangle UFO that was spotted in Stevenville Texas is about 30 minutes away. I was in on searching for answers in that area.
Now! Here we are 6 years later, and my name says "Southern Right Wing Nazi" to the left leaning political side of ATS.
And now back to you,

"Extremism correlates with far higher incidence of violent criminal behavior, clearly. As recent events make perfectly clear, today's torch wielding radical can be tomorrow's car driving terrorist. And if you think that some of these groups really aren't dangerous, then you might want to look a little harder. Don't be fooled by polo shirts and khaki pants. Sure, most of them will turn out to be less than lethal clowns but keep in mind that hundreds of these assholes who didn't run over anyone were still there with the anticipation of engaging in armed combat and thrilled by it."

You realize that in saying that, you are writing all those on the left side carrying signs, torches, spewing hate in the same corner right? Those BLM peaceful protesters are tomorrow's terrorist mowing people over in a car? I don't think so, and I don't think most of the alt right is going to join the klan and start running people over either.
Free speech is ugly at times, but I will take the ugly any day over the alternative.
You are traveling down a dangerous road with this Crap, justifying tearing down history over feelings. Get some thicker skin.
edit on 18-8-2017 by TexasTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Looks like you completely missed the point.

Looks like I really dont care about petty bulls**t. But I do care for, ehh whatever.Cheers-pretty-ears.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

What a lovely internet persona you've created for yourself.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
And a great pseudonym you have created for yourself as well. Im happy you have read my post's. Carry on. Stop derailing.

A reply to SudoNim
edit on 8/18/2017 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

That's rich, coming from a troll on a fake account.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

aww poor socky.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
But along with that, stop the damned lying about how you are for freedom and equality.

I think a big part of the problem is the different definitions of freedom.

plato.stanford.edu...

This essay uses a scenario of a driver missing work because he decided to turn left instead of right so that he could buy a pack of smokes even though he knows he shouldn't smoke and would rather not. As a result he missed his job interview or something.

Negative freedom says the man was free. He made the choice on his own accord to turn left to get his smokes, and nothing physically prevented it.

Positive freedom says the man was not free because his actions were driven by his urge to smoke which the man admits is an involuntary addiction. To be free something would have to physically prevent the turn.

Diametric opposites in execution, but both legitimately want freedom. We can't have both.

Ultimately America was built on the belief in negative liberties. Our bill of rights is a list of things the government cannot take away. It is not a list of things the government adds to your life.

I can see how someone leaning toward the positive definition would think it is society's job to remove anything that might keep someone locked in a failed belief system. Thus freeing them to live a productive life.

The constant problem with positive liberty, of course, is that it requires an authoritative third party to decide what is best for you/me. We can't even tell if eggs are good or bad for you. Yeah, no thanks.

edit on 18-8-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I must admit I've recently been gorging myself on schadenfreude.

The right has been crowing about their "culture war" for better than a decade, talking smack about 2nd Amendment "solutions", how their gonna take "their" country back.

See what you guys started, what you're experiencing, it's called "Blowback", lol welcome to the trenches.

Aww, damn shame your sides losing.

K~

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

The right has been crowing about their "culture war" for better than a decade, talking smack about 2nd Amendment "solutions", how their gonna take "their" country back.

See what you guys started, what you're experiencing, it's called "Blowback", lol welcome to the trenches.

K~

I hate to name call but you're a moron if you think any side is winning when it comes to these fringe groups. Nice "Blowback", now wipe it off your chin.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

The constant problem with positive liberty, of course, is that it requires an authoritative third party to decide what is best for you/me. We can't even tell if eggs are good or bad for you. Yeah, no thanks.

The Declaration of Human Rights was enough to have Europe giving birth to social democracy, no authoritarian Bollocks required.

We call that stuff common values, which implies an ongoing debate on what exactly that is, precisely as it should be in an open democratic society. I'm not saying it's the perfect solution with regards to globalism, nor is it prone to neocon austerity sabotage, but history actually disagrees with you right there.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The Declaration of Human Rights was enough to have Europe giving birth to social democracy, no authoritarian Bollocks required.

We call that stuff common values, which implies an ongoing debate on what exactly that is, precisely as it should be in an open democratic society. I'm not saying it's the perfect solution with regards to globalism, nor is it prone to neocon austerity sabotage, but history actually disagrees with you right there.

Precisely my point. America was built to enable negative liberty and the globalists push for positive. The declaration of human rights is itself an authoritative third party. This debate goes much deeper than statues.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: aethertek

K~

I hate to name call but you're a moron if you think any side is winning when it comes to these fringe groups. Nice "Blowback", now wipe it off your chin.

Most of America against the kkk & nazis & "you" equivocate both groups as fringe.
Well bless your heart, aren't you special.

America wins when the despicable beliefs espoused by the recent Virginia right-wing hate groups are once again forced into obscurity.

K~

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Consider ... not even the Southern Poverty Law Center can find more than 8,500 KKK members in the entire country.

Can we discuss hyperbole after Charlotte?

I think we all can.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The declaration of human rights is itself an authoritative third party.

Hm, that's what the Chinese Leaders tend to say, too. Wo would've thunkt!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The declaration of human rights is itself an authoritative third party.

Hm, that's what the Chinese Leaders tend to say, too. Wo would've thunkt!

Thats because that's what it is? I didn't say authoritarian.

www.google.com...
au·thor·i·ta·tive
adjective
able to be trusted as being accurate or true; reliable.

www.google.com...
third par·ty
noun
a person or group besides the two primarily involved in a situation, especially a dispute.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join