It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton: Defund the Jefferson Memorial

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sharpton has less relevance by the year but I think a lot of people are now talking out of anger because of how they feel the President and conservatives in general have moved to minimize the fact that a neo-Nazis feel emboldened to march on American towns en masse with torches and that one of them plowed into 20 Americans, killing 1 and seriously injuring many.

Do you mean like how the people who supported trump was beat and left bloodied by anti Trumpers during his campaigning? Or how a radical leftist shot a republican senator simply because he was republican?
What did the left expect would happen? That other idiot radicals would not do anything when they tried to shut them down? The left brought all of this on themselves. But the left sure did try to minimize the attacks coming from the left. Hell, they even blamed the right for it.

Also, I think some of this is specifically a reaction to Trump's bulls# comparing Jefferson and Washington to Lee.

Bull# comparisons? lol. They were all white slave owners, who thought it was okay. That is not a Bull# comparison, you just hate Trump and can't accept the fact that he is right.

Spot on but you won't get a reply other than more deflection from any Leftists on here.
The new Leftist slogan is - DENY THE TRUTH!!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Bolox. He did not. Sharpton never once referenced the Jefferson Memorial. All I could find at all was around 15 minutes into a very boring interview. What I heard was very simple.

Rose had introduced a question to Sharpton and Sharpton began to offer his thoughts on that question. As he was gathering his thoughts, most likely from all the past interviews where he has offered his insight over and over again, Rose tossed out the JM as an example of publicly funded memorials, and never mentioned it again.

Sharpton did not even heard Rose at that point, he was so wrapped up in his own head on what he was about to say.

Go watch it and see. I

What I see is simple. Fake news. Fox decided to run a sensationalist headline based on a simple conversational faux pa and blow it into Sharpton calling for the defunding of the JM.

From that sensational headline, you, and I suppose others, picked it up and passed it along to be applauded by those already willing to believe it.

You turned it into Sharpton DEMANDING. You turned it into THEY ARE NOT STOPPING. You turned it into THE FIRES HAVE STARTED AND IT WILL NOT STOP.

If you can find anything other than what I narrated please inform us all..

PS, if you even watched the video, why did you not even offer the moment in a very very boring boring video with the meat you were preaching.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah, I know people don't like history anymore but Nazis have been marching in the United States since the 30's. Open a book, it will serve you well!a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What is it that you are hoping to achieve?

For you to look at a different perspective.

Minnesota officer exchanged racist texts with man who allegedly shot five Black Lives Matter protesters Donald Trump supporter punches woman in argument over politics at Brooklyn restaurant Bar Tabac Trump-supporting college machete attacker wrote about feeling bullied for being conservative Campus killing: Suspect is a member of 'Alt-Reich' Facebook group, police say Argument over politics and sports led to fatal Oakley stabbing Trump Supporter Accused of Assaulting Woman at Campaign Rally Blames President Car Crashes Into Crowd Unite The Right Charlottesville Virginia

And? I can post just as many for the opposite view.

If you hadn't noticed lately. The left have been taking to the streets quiet a bit. What did you think would happen? Nothing? Something?
The left wanted this, for what ever reason, just like the other idiots wanted it. And now here it is. The President condemned both sides. I heard him say it. But people don't seem to be interested in the truth anymore. They want to blame somebody, and right now they don't want to blame the idiots responsible, anti Trumpers want to blame Trump. It would be funny, if it were not so True.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Glad to see this situation has resolved itself. When Sharpton shows up with them pearly whites smiling away to fill his wallet, the danger has passed. The commie handlers better start scripting their next Movement while Al is too busy counting his money.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
For a supposed man of the cloth Sharpton doesn't forgive much.
I 've been saying that he and Washington would be next since they owned slaves too.
Discredit the 2 most important founding fathers and there goes the Constitution.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Am I the only #ing person to have watched the video???? All I read on this thread is posturing. No one is even talking about what the video shows, other than what they have been told it shows.
I tossed out an observation of the video an hour ago along with a challange. Someone, anyone point to me exactly where
Sharpton demands. Show me and I will shut up. Until then you all are just beating your own chests.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Better than that, if no one can show me where he demands, I think this thread should be moved to the hoax bin.
Mods, to the hoax bin with this rubbish.
Im ready to shut up now, anyone, anyone?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Am I the only #ing person to have watched the video???? All I read on this thread is posturing. No one is even talking about what the video shows, other than what they have been told it shows.
I tossed out an observation of the video an hour ago along with a challange. Someone, anyone point to me exactly where
Sharpton demands. Show me and I will shut up. Until then you all are just beating your own chests.

It's 22 minutes long, few people here will watch it; anyone here who doesn't already like sharpton or the current trend will simply take Fox at face value despite the fact that the mainstream media is all just as bad as one another.

ATS has been like this for a while.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

It's 22 minutes long, few people here will watch it; anyone here who doesn't already like sharpton or the current trend will simply take Fox at face value despite the fact that the mainstream media is all just as bad as one another.

ATS has been like this for a while.

I don't like Sharpton. But even with that, the headline was so so so out there for even him, as ignorant and stupid as he can be was just to much of a stretch, so I watched it. What I saw was in no way what it was presented as.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Jefferson owned slaves? Oh...My...God!!

I'm certainly glad we've idiots around to tell us these things...I just don't know what I'd do if purveyors of the obvious like Sharpton weren't here to point out these things...

When did ol' Al finally figure this out?

smdh.

[/sarc]
edit on 8/18/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Maybe draw the line at politicians who were active in the Revolution, and before the Civil War?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

My question is can we defund AL Sharpton?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Distraction from the fact y'all have to work harder every year to get by.

You're given something to fight over, instead of something to fight for, so you don't fight them and their media saturation and mind saturation, the saturation of your mind with this meaningless drivel, but instead fight with one another over meaningless bull#e.

Please....

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The SJW movement has been propagated and funded by powerful wealthy interests whose entire goal is to get rid of the Constitution. Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, all of it provides a road block to instituting their dictatorial oligarchical Globalist regime here in the US. They start with destroying our "bad" history, like the Confederacy, then they will destroy our founders, as you will see with Washington, Jefferson etc., then they will go after the Constitution. Their crusade will not stop until individual freedoms are eradicated in the name of "social justice".

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Did you really watch the video? I did he actually states that he doesn't think it needs to be funded by the government. Here go to 15:20 this is where they discuss Jefferson and slavery.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
OK, for you I did I watched it one more time. Now will you go back and look at 15 minutes and 20 seconds and see that he does not mention the Jefferson Memorial. Go back and read my first post. I give my explanation of what happened and it explains exactly what happened. Sharpton did not mention the Jefferson Memorial,
From what I could see Sharpton did not even hear him. Go on go back and see it and see if that is not the case

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr
OK, for you I did I watched it one more time. Now will you go back and look at 15 minutes and 20 seconds and see that he does not mention the Jefferson Memorial. Go back and read my first post. I give my explanation of what happened and it explains exactly what happened. Sharpton did not mention the Jefferson Memorial,
From what I could see Sharpton did not even hear him. Go on go back and see it and see if that is not the case

OK you need to watch it again he actually says Jefferson owned slaves and had children with slaves then goes into his rant. He heard his they were talking even about his biography he had written. Your being dishonest and trying to claim the man was deaf and just happen to be talking about Jefferson and a totally separate topic of defunding public displays. Only a fool would think he just happen to be discussing Jefferson and it wasn't related to his coments.
edit on 8/18/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridrdid sharpton mention the Jeff men. No did he deman to defund it specifically. No.

No dishonesty. Yes he was answering rose about his slaves and his lover but did no even mentioned n the memorial. Rose did once.
I am no fool friend unless it is you doing the fooling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join