It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have solved the racist monuments crisis for both the left and right

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Anyone who believes monuments in a museum can teach and show history better than monuments in a park...needs to visit the Gettysburg battlefield.

Pretty hard to put the Gettysburg battlefield in a museum.

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

They know they are being disingenuous..

link   
dp
edit on 17-8-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna
I hear that the best compromises leave both parties unsatisfied to some degree. Maybe erect a union monument next to the confederate in order to tell a more complete story?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I really don't believe 99% of people give two sharts about all this statue nonsense. Let the local areas decide amongst themselves via the democratic process what they want to do.

Nazis showing up to protest this crap though... that's why everyone cares all of a sudden. Damn you, Nazis. Stay home next time. I'm sick of your racist windbaggage dominating the news cycle.

Seriously, suck an egg.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

There is no reasoning with a liberal! Believe me I tried all types of peaceful solutions (with my cousin and his friends) only to be called a Nazi. Unreal!

They will twist any logic into their own distorted agenda. The Kool-aid must have came in kegs!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Hmmm, maybe you should read about the early Democractic and Republican parties more.

Perhaps you should drop the condescending tone, considering that you're a yammering useful idiot who clearly sponged up everything you think you know about American History from memes posted by morons?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

There is no reasoning with a liberal! Believe me I tried all types of peaceful solutions (with my cousin and his friends) only to be called a Nazi. Unreal!

They will twist any logic into their own distorted agenda. The Kool-aid must have came in kegs!

Maybe next time you could try it while not wearing your swastika tee and talking about "the Jews?"

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
a reply to: mOjOm

They know they are being disingenuous..

Have you seen the other posts from this lot? They're not being disingenuous at all. I believe the applicable term here is Dunning–Kruger.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Make the museum modern, 3D virtual reality where they are standing in the park where the statue was originally intended to stand but here's the part that will attract the Progressives, the statue is not there so they can enjoy a moment in the Park with altered history. Antifa flags flying everywhere, maybe a concentration camp at the edge of the park with a smokestack pumping out "white" smoke, just as they imagined it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Make the museum modern, 3D virtual reality where they are standing in the park where the statue was originally intended to stand but here's the part that will attract the Progressives, the statue is not there so they can enjoy a moment in the Park with altered history. Antifa flags flying everywhere, maybe a concentration camp at the edge of the park with a smokestack pumping out "white" smoke, just as they imagined it.

You think you're pretty funny huh?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

You think you're pretty funny huh?

I'm as serious as a mud pit can allow.
Everyone is happy.
The progressives get their utopian moment away from the grind.
The normies get taught a good lesson based on solid history of what letting your guard down as a nation can lead to.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Here is what I think.

We should take all of the monuments regarding the Confederacy and start a museum.

Let's called the museum....

The Postbellum Confederacy and the History of the Democractic Party

As we all know the Democratic party was the party of slavery.

Party people

Southern Democrats

In the 19th century, Southern Democrats comprised whites in the South who believed in Jeffersonian democracy. In the 1850s they defended slavery in the United States, and promoted its expansion into the West against northern Free Soil opposition. The United States presidential election of 1860 formalized the split, and brought war. After Reconstruction ended in the late 1870s they controlled all the Southern states and disenfranchised blacks (who were Republicans). The “Solid South” gave nearly all its electoral votes to Democrats in presidential elections. Republicans seldom were elected to office outside some Appalachian mountain districts and a few heavily German-American counties of Texas.[a]
The monopoly that the Democratic Party held over most of the South first showed major signs of breaking apart in 1948, when many Southern Democrats, dissatisfied with the policies of desegregation enacted during the administration of Democratic President Harry Truman, created the States Rights Democratic Party, which nominated South Carolina Governor Strom Thurmond for president and Mississippi Governor Fielding L. Wright for vice president. The “Dixiecrats” managed to win many Southern states, but collapsed as a party soon after the election. The Civil Rights Act of 1964, signed by President Lyndon B. Johnson, a Democrat from the Southern state of Texas, led many Southern Democrats to vote for Goldwater at the national level. In the ensuing years, the increasing conservatism of the Republican Party compared to the liberalism of the Democratic Party led many more conservative white Democrats in the South to vote Republican. Many continued to vote for Democrats at the state and local levels for years after. By the start of the 21st century, Republicans had gained a solid advantage over Democrats at all levels of politics in most Southern states.

Hard to believe they were classical Liberals considering Jefferson wanted to end slavery. However we can see that the Democrats have a history of racism and most of you are well aware of it.

So I say we take all these monuments and put them into a museum and leave it there as a lesson to the future of citizens of our country about who and what is responsible for these crimes.

putting statues in a building doesnt change the symbolism.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Southern Democrats at that time were not Classical Liberals. Liberals weren't even a thing here yet.

Later the Southern Democrats became today's Republicans and Liberalism didn't start until sometime after the Great Depression.

You're willfully trying to confuse and deceive people. You know it. I know it. Now you everyone else does too.

Liberals were around long before that. In the States they first make their debut in the 1920s. However before that they were a third party. But what I wanted to talk about was this myth that southern democrats became republicans they didn't. The reason the Democrats lost the south is simple the south changed to northerners they see the south as racist red necks. That's simply not true having lived in the north and the south I will say in the south races get along much better then they do in say the north or california. Look even now where many of the black politicians come from a large majority I'd the south. Here is a woman I knee from Vanderbilt and she will explain.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I agree for the majority of the statues.

But leave a few, leave some of Unknown soldiers of the confederates at key locations. And at least one in Virginia of Lee.

I must ask tho. Where did you get the idea that Jefferson wanted to end slavery? He was an out spoken white supremacists, who didn't really agree with slavery really, but thought of African decent people as lesser humans, he would have preserved slavery at all costs (which we clearly have learned through history).

Thomas Jefferson actually wanted to end slavery because having slavery in the worlds most free country didnt make any sense. But since there were so many slave owners already he knew it would have been impossible with out a war so he didnt try, in a nut shell

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bwomp83

Actually he did try, to an extent.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Wrong, liberals have been around for a very long time.

Thomas Jefferson was the father of American Liberalism. The current liberal group do not embody any of the liberal ideology they have hijacked the name like the Nazis hijacked the swastika.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join