It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have solved the racist monuments crisis for both the left and right

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Amusing idea. So.. What we all really need is to have some leaders that get together and hammer out some compromises on these issues. If we want a working democracy, nobody gets to have everything.

So, if the left wants all the confederate statues removed, what are they willing to give up in return?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I apologize. I thought you were referring to another Jefferson.

Thomas Jefferson to me is more important to ending slavery than Lincoln to be honest.
But i still stand on my viewpoint on the statues.
edit on 17-8-2017 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Me? Trying not to be on the wrong side of history by being on the wrong side of my morality.

People aren't illegal. Refugees created by western policies aren't the problem. Welcoming my fellow man is all I try to do.

I'm more afraid of Chicago at night than I am of the Syrian family who moved next door 9 months ago trying to assimilate... Does that make me "bad"?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think that all of the Confederate statues should remain in place. I would change all the plaques that are afixed to them to read

HERE IS A STATUE IN TRIBUTE TO ALL THE GOOD MEN WHO BELIEVED IN AND DIED FOR A MONSTROUS IDEA.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

I'm more afraid of Chicago at night than I am of the Syrian family who moved next door 9 months ago trying to assimilate... Does that make me "bad"?

Definitely not, and I would add especially if you live in Chicago.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I have a better idea . How about everyone stop being retarded. That is all.

Not until the ROSA PARKS statue is removed from the midst of those evil slave-owner statues at the National Statutory Hall! Nancy Pelosi DEMANDS IT!

"The Confederate statues in the halls of Congress have always been reprehensible," Pelosi added. "If Republicans are serious about rejecting white supremacy, I call upon Speaker Ryan to join Democrats to remove the Confederate statues from the Capitol immediately."

(Take Your Dramamine First!) - www.cbsnews.com...

link   
a reply to: notsure1

We haven't been able to do this for thousands of years but somehow we're going to start now? Ha!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

How about everyone stop being retarded.

Retarded is a trigger word dude. What are you? Some right wing nut job?

At least you didnt call me a NAZI.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So after the flag, statues and other confederate stuff, what will be the next subject and objects to face demands for removal from the public.

Then it will be private property.

As in money,land, and other personal possessions.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

At least you didnt call me a NAZI.

Dang....and I had my chance.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This old hag has worked in DC for how many decades and never mentioned all these racist statues before?

Could it be, she's just using the Virginia incident to push an agenda?

No way I say.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Then it will be private property. As in money,land, and other personal possessions.

Wait, I thought conservatives were all about privatizing?..

edit on 8/17/2017 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Anyone who believes monuments in a museum can teach and show history better than monuments in a park...needs to visit the Gettysburg battlefield.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: notsure1

I have a better idea . How about everyone stop being retarded. That is all.

Not until the ROSA PARKS statue is removed from the midst of those evil slave-owner statues at the National Statutory Hall! Nancy Pelosi DEMANDS IT!

"The Confederate statues in the halls of Congress have always been reprehensible," Pelosi added. "If Republicans are serious about rejecting white supremacy, I call upon Speaker Ryan to join Democrats to remove the Confederate statues from the Capitol immediately."

(Take Your Dramamine First!) - www.cbsnews.com...

And so it begins destroy the history of a country and you destroy the country. The ability to rewrite history is the ability to control the country.

Look at AL sharpton he wants to remove the Jefferson memorial. This is an attack on the constitution. If you make the founding fathers evil then everything they did was evil including the Constitution.

We have senators threatening the presidents life calling for his assassination. Do you not see how this destroys the US government.
edit on 8/17/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So.. Only monuments you approve of.. Got it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

He kinda screwed his slaves LITERALLY

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
a reply to: IAMTAT

So.. Only monuments you approve of.. Got it.

How did you get that?
Have you ever been to Gettysburg?
It's a history lesson in a park...Confederate and Union monuments side-by-side...teaching about the battle.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: carewemust

This old hag has worked in DC for how many decades and never mentioned all these racist statues before?

Could it be, she's just using the Virginia incident to push an agenda?

No way I say.

The article pointed that out. Nancy Pelosi was the grand wizard Speaker of Da House for years.

I used to want her to resign, then I started listening to President Trump, and realizing what he meant about Pelosi, Waters, etc.. being GIFTS to the Republican party.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Even bother reading to what I was responding to?

Sure doesn't sound like it.

So after the flag, statues and other confederate stuff, what will be the next subject and objects to face demands for removal from the public.

To which I replied.

PRIVATE property.

The mob thinks they are entitled to do whatever the hell they wish with.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Southern Democrats at that time were not Classical Liberals. Liberals weren't even a thing here yet.

Later the Southern Democrats became today's Republicans and Liberalism didn't start until sometime after the Great Depression.

You're willfully trying to confuse and deceive people. You know it. I know it. Now you everyone else does too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join