It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have solved the racist monuments crisis for both the left and right

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here is what I think.

We should take all of the monuments regarding the Confederacy and start a museum.

Let's called the museum....

The Postbellum Confederacy and the History of the Democractic Party

As we all know the Democratic party was the party of slavery.

Party people

Southern Democrats

In the 19th century, Southern Democrats comprised whites in the South who believed in Jeffersonian democracy. In the 1850s they defended slavery in the United States, and promoted its expansion into the West against northern Free Soil opposition. The United States presidential election of 1860 formalized the split, and brought war. After Reconstruction ended in the late 1870s they controlled all the Southern states and disenfranchised blacks (who were Republicans). The “Solid South” gave nearly all its electoral votes to Democrats in presidential elections. Republicans seldom were elected to office outside some Appalachian mountain districts and a few heavily German-American counties of Texas.[a]
The monopoly that the Democratic Party held over most of the South first showed major signs of breaking apart in 1948, when many Southern Democrats, dissatisfied with the policies of desegregation enacted during the administration of Democratic President Harry Truman, created the States Rights Democratic Party, which nominated South Carolina Governor Strom Thurmond for president and Mississippi Governor Fielding L. Wright for vice president. The “Dixiecrats” managed to win many Southern states, but collapsed as a party soon after the election. The Civil Rights Act of 1964, signed by President Lyndon B. Johnson, a Democrat from the Southern state of Texas, led many Southern Democrats to vote for Goldwater at the national level. In the ensuing years, the increasing conservatism of the Republican Party compared to the liberalism of the Democratic Party led many more conservative white Democrats in the South to vote Republican. Many continued to vote for Democrats at the state and local levels for years after. By the start of the 21st century, Republicans had gained a solid advantage over Democrats at all levels of politics in most Southern states.

Hard to believe they were classical Liberals considering Jefferson wanted to end slavery. However we can see that the Democrats have a history of racism and most of you are well aware of it.

So I say we take all these monuments and put them into a museum and leave it there as a lesson to the future of citizens of our country about who and what is responsible for these crimes.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Expecting some action? Is that why you moved this to the Mud Pit?

Sounds good....Depending on where you would want to put the museum, I would visit it once to say I was there.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Oh snap!

This should be interesting.

I will be right back, I have to get some popcorn.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Expecting some action? Is that why you moved this to the Mud Pit?

Sounds good....Depending on where you would want to put the museum, I would visit it once to say I was there.

Just decided to get ahead of the mods.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Considering slavery isn't something necessarily attached solely to a political party in a country that isn't even as old as some snow caps in Denmark...

Disingenuous at best.

link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Hmmm, maybe you should read about the early Democractic and Republican parties more.

link   

I have a better idea . How about everyone stop being retarded. That is all.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I would agree but let's be honest, it's not in our DNA.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I agree for the majority of the statues.

But leave a few, leave some of Unknown soldiers of the confederates at key locations. And at least one in Virginia of Lee.

I must ask tho. Where did you get the idea that Jefferson wanted to end slavery? He was an out spoken white supremacists, who didn't really agree with slavery really, but thought of African decent people as lesser humans, he would have preserved slavery at all costs (which we clearly have learned through history).

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

This is by far the best comment I have seen all week..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here's what I think should be done.

If people don't like confederate statues they should ALL move to states that weren't created from slavery.

I mean since people are actually trying to compare the civil war to auschwitz.

Why would they want to live there?

link   
a reply to: strongfp

Glad you came over.

Monticello

Throughout his entire life, Thomas Jefferson was a consistent opponent of slavery. Calling it a “moral depravity”1 and a “hideous blot,”2 he believed that slavery presented the greatest threat to the survival of the new American nation.3 Jefferson also thought that slavery was contrary to the laws of nature, which decreed that everyone had a right to personal liberty.4 These views were radical in a world where unfree labor was the norm.

At the time of the American Revolution, Jefferson was actively involved in legislation that he hoped would result in slavery’s abolition.5 In 1778, he drafted a Virginia law that prohibited the importation of enslaved Africans.6 In 1784, he proposed an ordinance that would ban slavery in the Northwest territories.7 But Jefferson always maintained that the decision to emancipate slaves would have to be part of a democratic process; abolition would be stymied until slaveowners consented to free their human property together in a large-scale act of emancipation. To Jefferson, it was anti-democratic and contrary to the principles of the American Revolution for the federal government to enact abolition or for only a few planters to free their slaves.8

I recommend starting here.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I have an even better idea.

More statues. Bigger and better ones. Everywhere. Put more people to work and brighten up our cities.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So after the flag, statues and other confederate stuff, what will be the next subject and objects to face demands for removal from the public.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Considering slavery isn't something necessarily attached solely to a political party in a country that isn't even as old as some snow caps in Denmark...

Maybe America is young, but those old countries sure do cling to our coat tail.
www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/01/denmark-refugees-immigration-law/431520/

How Not to Welcome Refugees

Disingenuous at best.

At least he is trying to come up with a solution. What are you doing?

link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I share your idea here.

After they get rid of this boogeyman who will be next?

As I have proposed in multiple threads the issue isn't the statues or racism the issue if the individuals feelings about themselves.

link   

Guess again, museums are no place for history. Next idea to pacify the libs instead of telling them to move along.

Next They Came for Teddy…. Alt-Left Demands New York Museum Remove Teddy Roosevelt Statue
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

edit on 17-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I have, and the terms don't equate with history that predates Europeans even setting foot in this land.

Shall we chat about the Code of Hammurabi in Mesopotamia and try to deduce who was Democrat and who was Republican?

link   
a reply to: notsure1

How about everyone stop being retarded.

Retarded is a trigger word dude. What are you? Some right wing nut job?

link   
I unironically believe that when enough time passes people would destroy your museum as well. It's not just the U.S. that has problems with people tearing down statues and destroying historic artifacts. I recall a few other cases where some deranged people vandalized paintings,statues and historic monuments because of muh feelings towards them. It's like an epidemic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join