It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we ban the Democratic Party?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
Progressively Regressive. Which is confused as Conservative sometimes.

I came across an interesting explanation of the difference recently. It might not be widely accepted but I thought it was well-put.

A conservative will say, "I have my beliefs and you have yours. I don't need you to accept my beliefs, I just need you to leave me alone."

A progressive will say, "I have my beliefs and only they are correct. I need you to accept my beliefs and I harass you until you do."

Haha, that does seems to be pretty true in my experiences. But I do know some conservatives that will continue to bash your brain in with their personal beliefs. Even in school science settings if you know what I mean.

No one is perfect. I just want to be called an American, and not be called anything because of it, nor be told I should be ashamed or feel guilty of it.

'Merica

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wrong set of curtains, ban oligarchy and lobbying instead.

#'OccupyBlackLodge

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I think its both important and ironic to note that if you check your history, you'll find that the modern Republican party is an amalgamation of all the worst aspects of the Democratic Party circa Civil War. The names have switched, but the bigotry remains.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

So we are just going to ignore the fact that the Democratic Party used to be MORE conservative (especially on social issues) than the Republican Party now? Or is it just that very few people who like to talk about politics have bothered to learn that?

I mean the change to more liberal views in the Democratic Party didn't even start until the mid to late 1960's, folks.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

So we are just going to ignore the fact that the Democratic Party used to be MORE conservative (especially on social issues) than the Republican Party now? Or is it just that very few people who like to talk about politics have bothered to learn that?

I mean the change to more liberal views in the Democratic Party didn't even start until the mid to late 1960's, folks.

There's actually several posters on this site who will come here and insist that that never happened.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

I came across an interesting explanation of the difference recently. It might not be widely accepted but I thought it was well-put.

A conservative will say, "I have my beliefs and you have yours. I don't need you to accept my beliefs, I just need you to leave me alone."

A progressive will say, "I have my beliefs and only they are correct. I need you to accept my beliefs and I harass you until you do."

I've noticed how "live and let live" conservatives are when it comes to abortion. Very much the party of "Since I don't like abortion, I won't have one. You do whatever you want."

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11
Considering the current logic of removing history relating to slavery in America, why isn't the Democratic Party banned as well? Think about it, they are solely responsible for our horrible post Civil War race relations and singlehandedly prevented African Americans from advancing in society.

Pro Slavery
Pro segregation
Pro Jim Crow Law
Against the Civil Rights Act of 1965
Created the KKK
Created the welfare state

If it weren't for Abraham Lincoln and the Republicans, the South would have secede and there would have been perpetual slavery like they wanted. Just some food for thought.

It wouldn't hurt for you to brush up on your history and learn how parties changed sides after the civil rights act. So it's the GOP that should be gone because of their history.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

no. no, that's not "food for thought." it's just trite idiocy. First of all, it's incredibly disingenuous to pretend like the modern day Democratic Party has any relation or resemblance to the Democratic party of those times. You know full well that the parties of that time have no resemblance to their respective parties now, and if anything they resemble their opposites.
Secondly, comparing that stuff to people actually taking up arms against their own country is... well, stupid. Very stupid.
Just stop. Stop.being willfully stupid.
edit on 18-8-2017 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
I've noticed how "live and let live" conservatives are when it comes to abortion. Very much the party of "Since I don't like abortion, I won't have one. You do whatever you want."

Yes, they are.

Christian conservatives, not so much, but that's more to do with Christianity than conservatism.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yet it's the Republican base who is losing its s# over defending statues of the Confederate generals.

And who is the people right now acting like the ISIS and the Taliban trying to erase history they don't like ?

That would be the left. The democratic party.

Because there can't be any reminders THEY were on the wrong side.

This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read on here. If you're seriously this stupid, then I fee bad for you.
This may shock you, but there are other ways to learn about history aside from staring at statues. Claiming that they're trying to "erase history" is either incredibly disingenuous, or incredibly idiotic and dense. It's not like theyre trying to strike mentions of these things from history books or something. They're saying we shouldn't glorify and venerate people who were traitors. Your false equivalency BS is reprehensible.
Erase history... get the hell out of here. Is that how you learned about the Civil War? by staring at statues of Confederate generals? No? Then your "point" is ridiculously stupid and disingenupus.

And that's before we even get into the fact that you're seriously trying to compare taking down statues of treasonous, traitorous, pro-slavery generals.... to the actions of ISIS and the Taliban. i mean, come on... thats just completwly absurd. That's legitimately one of the most disgusting and idiotic comments I have ever read, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever read on here. If you're seriously this stupid, then I fee bad for you.

Only stupid people I see are those people that get offended by statues.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

As long as we ban the republican party too.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

I start to think it's a lefties psyops to make the rightwingnuts look like batsh!t crazy lunatics.

And it works like a charme.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Yet it's the Republican base who is losing its s# over defending statues of the Confederate generals. Generals who fought a war for the side who seceded from the Union because Lincoln was elected and they wanted to preserve the institution of slavery.

Perhaps, the Democratic Party shouldn't get away with burying its shameful past, so easily.

And maybe that is what's really driving this sudden desire to get rid of the statues...and the Democratic Party is just exploiting black people, again, to deflect from the real purpose.
edit on 8/18/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: theantediluvian

Anarchists are very liberal with their violence.

Was it a liberal that mowed people down with a car recently?

Was this guy a conservative?
link to story about stupid liberal who hit kid with bike lock

Sucks when your logic fails.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah... cuz violence is violence and we don't differentiate between plain murderous terror and beatings during street clashes.

What a fcking moron of a strawman are you? It kinda sucks when people like you suck so much at having a decent debate, but then again... it's the pit and I can cuz yes, you obviously can!

Try me?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Yet it's the Republican base who is losing its s# over defending statues of the Confederate generals. Generals who fought a war for the side who seceded from the Union because Lincoln was elected and they wanted to preserve the institution of slavery.

Perhaps, the Democratic Party shouldn't get away with burying its shameful past, so easily.

And maybe that is what's really driving this sudden desire to get rid of the statues...and the Democratic Party is just exploiting black people, again, to deflect from the real purpose.

You make great points. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Yeah... cuz violence is violence and we don't differentiate between plain murderous terror and beatings during street clashes.

What a fcking moron of a strawman are you? It kinda sucks when people like you suck so much at having a decent debate, but then again... it's the pit and I can cuz yes, you obviously can!

Try me?

Aw, sorry snowflake, I realize the rules are that only the right is violent and if you call out the left, you are a Nazi.
I'll try to follow the rules next time.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about rules, dear Ruler. I was merely mocking your majesty for majestic mockeries sake.

Nobody expected you to catch that drift, it was a real ass-hat of a backwards entry in full speed. No apologies for that though, you equally non-sorry liar of a hypocrite. Try me again?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

You make great points. Thank you!

At the very least...if Democrats want to get rid of these memorials/statues/etc, then they need to OWN them first, and acknowledge that, in effect, they are trying to bury/destroy evidence of their own party's white supremacist history.

That should be the entire argument from everyone who is NOT a Democrat on this subject.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join