It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we ban the Democratic Party?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: bknapple32
This thread is gold

If ever I need a reminder ats is going hard right. "Ban the Democratic Party". Ha. I wonder what acts would say if the simple statement was changed to an the Republican Party. It would be nothing but mayhem and bedlam. This is straight /pol tactics of triggering.

Luckily it went humorous real quick predicting everyone patting each other on the back for wanting to shut down the party that had literally 3 million more votes for president than the other one.

Where's John titor? I need a time machine. I want ate 2008 back.

No kidding. Watching over half of ATS subtly (and sometimes outright) defend racist fascists is pretty eye opening.

I decided to see how the neo nazis and white supremacists were doing, so I went to their stormfront forum today. To my surprise I saw an ATS member over there advocating they all come here and make accounts to "tell the libtards off".

A while back the Daily Stormer actually called for its readers to "infiltrate conspiracy communities" because they were "vulnerable to be recruited".

So, it's not surprising we're seeing an influx of neo nazi, white supremacist, alt-righter people now on ATS. One thread I saw while over there had its images being hosted on ATS. Clearly there are members here that are members over there.

Wow, are both of you triggered or what? A thread pointing out the hypocrisy of the current political argument getting rid of anything racist with the huge fact that the Democratic party is driving force behind racism that has scarred our entire country. So you suggest I'm a white supremacist recruiter infiltrating ATS? I'm bringing awareness and context with historical fact instead of whiny emotional arguments. I'd say Operation Snowflake is a mission accomplished.

All I know is I freaking hate this website now. It's a completely different place. It's not even about conspiracy theories anymore, it's completely dissolved into a mess of politics and hatred that has taken away so much truly valuable and interesting discussion. Now it's just a bunch of bonkers conservatives patting themselves on the back. Truly I hope the mods and admins here have a plan to offshoot all of the politics onto a separate platform because I'm sick of this crap plugging up my feed.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

Hi there Raven, long time and no see

Get into the forums and avoid the politics. There are still some threads that aren't littered with political bickering.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

NAACP MOURNS THE PASSING OF U.S. SENATOR ROBERT BYRD

June 29, 2010

Longest Serving Member of Congress Became a Champion for Civil Rights and Liberties WASHINGTON, DC - The NAACP is saddened by the passing of United States Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd, the longest serving member of congress was first elected to the U.S. House from in 1952 and was elected Senator in 1958. Byrd passed away this morning at the age of 92. "Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

"Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation," stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. "Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

NAACP

They need to retract the lie they have on their page. He filibustered for 14 hours and 13 minutes in June 1964 in tthe Senate which means he wasn't a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: mkultra11

You forgot to mention they are responsible for BLM, and Antifa also.

The Democrats are responsible for antifa? Really? Antifa was created in the 1930s in Germany.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

And replace it with what?

You cant have a one party state.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: CynConcepts

Puts Calexit in an interesting new light.

Like this?

Cali wants to secede from the fed union. Why?

Cali doesn't want to abide by federal laws. Views those laws as an aggression against their ideals. 1 Example: Immigration. 1 Argument: Immigrants do the work Americans won't.

Welcome to the Confederacy

There is a group of us working on the calexit, But what the calexit people do not understand is we are also working to split the state into the country of west califorina and the state of east calif
let the liberals have there own country of west calif and us republicians in east calif will have a lot of fun selling them water, power, and food.
sfist.com...

Plus it gets rid of Dianne Feinstein, Kamala Harris. Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters as they represent west calif and would lose office if calexit passes.
And they would be replaced by republicans from state of east calif
edit on 18-8-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes

Apparently Hitler could.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Considering the current logic of removing history relating to slavery in America, why isn't the Democratic Party banned as well? Think about it, they are solely responsible for our horrible post Civil War race relations and singlehandedly prevented African Americans from advancing in society.

Pro Slavery
Pro segregation
Pro Jim Crow Law
Against the Civil Rights Act of 1965
Created the KKK
Created the welfare state

If it weren't for Abraham Lincoln and the Republicans, the South would have secede and there would have been perpetual slavery like they wanted. Just some food for thought.

Good plan. Lets also ban the Republican Party for having the gall to think they can act like authoritarian fascists and "ban" opposing parties shall we?

Works both ways you know.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: bknapple32
This thread is gold

If ever I need a reminder ats is going hard right. "Ban the Democratic Party". Ha. I wonder what acts would say if the simple statement was changed to an the Republican Party. It would be nothing but mayhem and bedlam. This is straight /pol tactics of triggering.

Luckily it went humorous real quick predicting everyone patting each other on the back for wanting to shut down the party that had literally 3 million more votes for president than the other one.

Where's John titor? I need a time machine. I want ate 2008 back.

No kidding. Watching over half of ATS subtly (and sometimes outright) defend racist fascists is pretty eye opening.

I decided to see how the neo nazis and white supremacists were doing, so I went to their stormfront forum today. To my surprise I saw an ATS member over there advocating they all come here and make accounts to "tell the libtards off".

A while back the Daily Stormer actually called for its readers to "infiltrate conspiracy communities" because they were "vulnerable to be recruited".

So, it's not surprising we're seeing an influx of neo nazi, white supremacist, alt-righter people now on ATS. One thread I saw while over there had its images being hosted on ATS. Clearly there are members here that are members over there.

Wow, are both of you triggered or what? A thread pointing out the hypocrisy of the current political argument getting rid of anything racist with the huge fact that the Democratic party is driving force behind racism that has scarred our entire country. So you suggest I'm a white supremacist recruiter infiltrating ATS? I'm bringing awareness and context with historical fact instead of whiny emotional arguments. I'd say Operation Snowflake is a mission accomplished.

All I know is I freaking hate this website now. It's a completely different place. It's not even about conspiracy theories anymore, it's completely dissolved into a mess of politics and hatred that has taken away so much truly valuable and interesting discussion. Now it's just a bunch of bonkers conservatives patting themselves on the back. Truly I hope the mods and admins here have a plan to offshoot all of the politics onto a separate platform because I'm sick of this crap plugging up my feed.

I feel the same way mate, but remember there are plenty of other forums here that have nothing to do with politics and are strictly moderated still.

The page views that Mud Pit and the other political forums are churning over would be making the Amigo's a decent bit of dough too methinks, enough to keep ATS going for a while - and hence why Mud Pit still exists in my opinion. I don't fault the Amigos for needing a way to raise money to keep the website online, that is completely understandable.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie

The Democrats are responsible for antifa? Really? Antifa was created in the 1930s in Germany.

.... By deep cover Democrat operatives.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Considering the current logic of removing history relating to slavery in America, why isn't the Democratic Party banned as well? Think about it, they are solely responsible for our horrible post Civil War race relations and singlehandedly prevented African Americans from advancing in society.

Pro Slavery
Pro segregation
Pro Jim Crow Law
Created the KKK

If it weren't for Abraham Lincoln and the Republicans, the South would have secede and there would have been perpetual slavery like they wanted. Just some food for thought.

Good plan. Lets also ban the Republican Party for having the gall to think they can act like authoritarian fascists and "ban" opposing parties shall we?

Go ahead and do a thread about Republicans but people are missing the point. It was posted to show the absurdity of this attempt to "erase the racist past" when a major political party is historically and factually responsible the the racial condition of African Americans. People just don't like it that fact, but you can't ban a party. I know this. I was posing a question for duscussion. There's a better way to deal with the past than destroying it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Pro Slavery
Pro segregation
Pro Jim Crow Law
Created the KKK

Ever heard of 'pointing out the absurd with absurdity'?

EDIT: gah jynx! Next time I'll wait to read the end of the comments first...
edit on 18-8-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: defiythelie

.... By deep cover Democrat operatives.

Progressives, Statists and/or Leftists.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes

Read my past posts. I'm not actually suggesting to ban the party. Theres a larger point. As far as our poetical system. It's needs an overhaul. Both parties are corrupt it would be great to have more realistic options than a two party system that operates as one party.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: theantediluvian

2. Do you think that support for segregation was the conservative or progressive position?

Support for segregation is a 'progressive' position, and ALWAYS been one.

The hypenated american moniker.

African American.

Hispanic American.

The list goes on.

Because GD simply calling ourselves just American has been deemed to be 'offensive'.

The left is,has been, and always will be .

The party of segregation, and slavery.

Wow, there are some good points there. I hate being polarizing on either side of the spectrum, but I cannot take the dahm qualifiers and names. They are digging themselves a hole. We need to all unite and see past our differences.

Look at the colleges segregating themselves by race. That is and will always be... Progressively Regressive. Which is confused as Conservative sometimes. Except here it actually can't be because we know the liberals own the universities for the most part.

I just don't get it. You cannot even say that you don't see color today and you are somehow racist. WTF... That's where a slogan like black lives matter fails and doesn't resonate with white people such as myself. Even Bernie Sanders was booed off stage because of saying that.

All in all, both parties want the same things: control, power, wealth.

Neither party gives a $hi7 about any of us. Why can people not see this.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Considering the current logic of removing history relating to slavery in America, why isn't the Democratic Party banned as well?

No party should be banned, no matter what you make think of their policy or how reprehensible their ideology. Whether Nazis, Democrats, IS, or any of those kind of parties - you combat them by presenting a better alternative, not by quashing them. Sunlight, as they say, is the best disinfectant - give them a platform and throw some light on their intentions so the world can see them as they are.

Besides, banning a party doesn't make the ideology go away. It will just come back under a different name.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
Progressively Regressive. Which is confused as Conservative sometimes.

I came across an interesting explanation of the difference recently. It might not be widely accepted but I thought it was well-put.

A conservative will say, "I have my beliefs and you have yours. I don't need you to accept my beliefs, I just need you to leave me alone."

A progressive will say, "I have my beliefs and only they are correct. I need you to accept my beliefs and I harass you until you do."

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Considering the current logic of removing history relating to slavery in America, why isn't the Democratic Party banned as well?

No party should be banned, no matter what you make think of their policy or how reprehensible their ideology. Whether Nazis, Democrats, IS, or any of those kind of parties - you combat them by presenting a better alternative, not by quashing them. Sunlight, as they say, is the best disinfectant - give them a platform and throw some light on their intentions so the world can see them as they are.

Besides, banning a party doesn't make the ideology go away. It will just come back under a different name.

Exactly and do you know how many people don't know the history of the Democratic Party and it's part in slavery and race? I work with a few African Americans and I opened their eyes to this. They didn't believe me at first but eventually came to understand. They always thought Republicans were pro slavery and created the KKK.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
D's and R's should walk hand in hand to oblivion.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

I am not to blame that they call themselves antifa. They certainly are not acting antifa. Just acting like thugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join