It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary Shows what they claim to be F-117 comp

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: FredT

It's not a one off, or Tacit Blue. It was built in smaller numbers than the F-117s, but there is more than one.
The one off was directed at Tacit Blue with the assumption that the whatever is keeping the F-117 company would have been produced in great numbers like a project going black etc.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yeah, I misread it as being for the companion. No, Tacit was a one off. The companion doesn't look anything like it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yeah, I misread it as being for the companion. No, Tacit was a one off. The companion doesn't look anything like it.

But are we assuming the companion was produced in the same time frame as the F-117? If many of the notional pics show the companion with some aspect of curved stealth in evidence. That would be way ahead of computer power of the time as noted by the limitations of ECHO-1

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

But one of the things with Tacit Blue was that it was an LO platform that had a curved fuselage. It wasn't faceted like the F-117.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

But one of the things with Tacit Blue was that it was an LO platform that had a curved fuselage. It wasn't faceted like the F-117.

Parts of it yes and it was a bit after the F-117. The pace of computer development mean exponential leaps from year to year. It was the first to look at curved stealth. I picked it because of when it was produced and its mission dovetails with the bird dog nature of the companion.

The only other choice that is in open literature would the Northrops failed bid that Have Blue won.....

Edit to add: Tacit was not the first to look at curved stealth but other than the chines on the A-12/SR-71 (not super curvy) it was one of the first we know of in the air
edit on 8/29/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I understand it a little better. Seems like every one of these threads I read I hear about a new plane I never heard of haha I guess I'm a little behind the curve.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You would be amazed at how many demonstrators, one offs, and just plain black projects are out there.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You would be amazed (or maybe you wouldn't) how many people assume I know about all this stuff just because I was in the Air Force. They're used to seeing stuff in the movies like ok you have Top Secret clearance, sure you can have these Top Secret files. Hollywood always forgets the ole Need-to-Know rule. I just did aircraft refueling, that didn't entitle me to know squat. Unless I was refueling it haha

Edit: and for the record, I only had Secret clearance, just enough to do my job
edit on 29 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yeah, I always laugh at the people that think that because you're in the military you have access to everything going on in that branch, or in the military period.

Hell, a lot of people I've talked to over the years, that were in the Air Force couldn't tell a C-5 from a C-17. Heh.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yeah one thing I have to explain over and over to civilians is that not everyone are pilots, and in fact pilots are a very small percentage of the force. By extension, not everyone even works around the aircraft. Most of the medical and support folks, unless they are aircraft enthusiasts, they won't really learn much about the aircraft from their jobs. They have more important things to fill their brains with.

So from what I've been reading in this and associate threads, I take it you've seen this bird but can't confirm/deny any details about it?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I have seen images of it, but haven't seen it in person. I've been fortunate enough to make some fun contacts that occasionally drop things on me.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Networking was something I did poorly when I was in. I got along with just about everyone, but there's only a handful of people I still talk to, and only one regularly. Sometimes I regret that.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

do you have any ideas on the 'C' shaped faceted aircraft i was talking about a few posts up? it was faceted and looked like it would fold up and had from what was told to me 2 hemispheres on the bend of the 'C'.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

That's not one I've ever heard of.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
hmmmm

[…] Tacit was a one off. The companion doesn't look anything like it.

this could kill a lot of theories

*looks through files*

originally posted by: TAGBOARD
Lockheed Configuration VS-07

a reply to: TAGBOARD
Some interesting pictures in there.

originally posted by: boomer135
[…] excellent find! The vs-07 looks oddly familiar

originally posted by: grey580
That's one sexy looking aircraft.
Shame there's no pics of one flying.

originally posted by: boomer135
Maybe not exactly like that, but maybe there is of one close to that

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

link

to bad about the C thing, seemed pretty cool

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
As much as I don't believe much if what he says John Lear was always adamant there was another plane built alongside the F117 at Lockheed.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Good post.
I am surprised Boomers comments have not attracted more internet wide scrutiny being that they are...well, probably the best SAP musings from a well credential person this century!

At some point in the future that drawing with the arrows will be scrutinised by fellow SAP' enthusiasts before an authoritative sounding member joins only to post analysis of the aerodynamic chord values to verify authenticity as something that used to fly out of (insert remote Scottish airfield here) during the 90's......
edit on 30-8-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hi all, new poster here but long time reader of the Aviation forums. Been reading this thread with interest and thought I might have an idea as to what the companion could be but in the space of a few minutes talked myself out of it. I'm just an aviation enthusiast however so probably miles wide of the mark as not really in the know with these things...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
S&F!!! Awesome thread, can't wait to sink my teeth in a bit more. I've spent the last week playing catch me if you can with hurricane Harvey, so I'm a little behind. The companion has always intrigued me but there is so much conjecture around the topic that I gave up finding anything real solid. Maybe, the key to it, is too tear through some of Boomers old posts regarding the matter. Either way, good stuff.

Couple Questions though, Is it widely believed that the F-117 and the Companion were not developed together, but were later found to be complimentary? Or from the get-go it was flying alongside the f-117 during testing? Once they are retired, would they likely be put in to the same type of storage the f-117 is in out at TTR??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join