It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary Shows what they claim to be F-117 comp

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yeah, imagine an aircraft "skin" being sensitive enough to "feel" it being painted with micro-pulse radar. Using simple trigonometry, you can accurately determine the location even from a single micro-pulse.

Wouldn't that be valuable in a stealth planform?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There are a lot of things out there that we haven't even hinted at on here yet. It's a big black dark world out there, with a lot of very interesting things in it.

No doubt. Considering the fact that several thousand people have been working on "something" at Plant 42, Groom Lake and elsewhere everyday since the last big black/grey program, the B-2 went public in November of 1988.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Yeah, imagine an aircraft "skin" being sensitive enough to "feel" it being painted with micro-pulse radar. Using simple trigonometry, you can accurately determine the location even from a single micro-pulse. Wouldn't that be valuable in a stealth planform?

What is seen cant be unseen..Especially in broad daylight by just about everyone.Maybe...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nice thread, I will closely look at it lol

The picture uploaded by OP poster in the first post isn't how Companion looks like. Companion is conceptually pre-1984(basically the design is from mid-70s). It was tested alongside F-117 while they were black. I don't know exactly how it looks like but I suppose that I have general idea - Companion is roughly similar to the F-19 model. It is twin engine and single pilot - engines are mounted internally.

It it still in use(as Zaph mentioned few posts back).

I think it looks closely to this one but without canards:

I'll leave here just a few questions:
- Was Companion used by CIA, NRO, too?
- Was it ever photographed from the ground while it was flying over enemy area? [our friend Z would answer that
]
- Has it supercruise capability or is it rather subsonic like F-117?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeedFanatic

The companion is rumored to be an electronic warfare aircraft likely with an ELINT role as well. This capability to "see things up close." would be very valuable to other government agencies . You brought up a fantastic point as to why it may still be deeply classified for this reason alone.

I doubt it is supercruise capable if it was acting as an F-117 companion. It sounds more like a low level, subsonic HARM tossing ghost..

I will also speculate that it is probably a much quieter design (lower radar signature), than the F-117 due to the necessity of it's role in sneaking up to defenses.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, that's the shape I see in the night vision.....thought it was bigger

One I saw was getting with it.....had triangle of darker color backside under

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ah, Michael Schratt. Never heard of a single black project that he didn't believe in.

I will give him this, at least, he can be entertaining. And boy does he get wound up once he starts going.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

That's weird, your profile turns up a 404 page..

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

That's weird, your profile turns up a 404 page..

That is due to the "/" in his ATS handle (GBP/JPY). The web browser "escapes" that character and converts it to a safe set of characters starting with the % symbol.

Try this one - www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/18/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Thank you for the explanation.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

The companion is rumored to be an electronic warfare aircraft likely with an ELINT role as well. This capability to "see things up close." would be very valuable to other government agencies .

Synthetic aperture radar for finding targets to bomb?

What would be the mission if designed in a Cold War era? [NCC1701 computer voice]Processing[/computer voice]......Analysis of mission parameters suggests electronic means to detect enemy nuclear-armed missiles vs decoys or conventional to give info to F-117 and B-2.

Maybe not just radar, but x-ray spectra or active probing for special nuclear materials? Particular details of detecting nuclear weapons remotely are classified up the wazoo.

And this mission has been keenly revived w.r.t Norks and Iran, and hence the extreme classification. And if that's the mission, please, keep it the # black.

For instance, latest US intelligence claims Norks have miniaturized warheads enough to be missile-ready. How would they know that? Other than human sources, which are extremely rare and unreliable in DPRK....Tritium boosting is an essential technology to lowering mass of warheads, and it's possible one could infer remotely whether warheads are in this configuration or quantify tritium production and transfer from remote sensing of radioactives.

Wondering if there is also an anti-submarine potential mission then?

edit on 18-8-2017 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wondering if Wichita is a new platform or an old one that has only just been photographed.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Wondering if Wichita is a new platform or an old one that has only just been photographed.

->

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

It's a more recent design than the X-45. It's only been flying for a few years.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah ah ah zap.

There was a navy 117
edit on 21-8-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

I hear a certin group pays well for pic even more for clear video

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

The concept design drawings are readily available on Google. If a demonstrator flew at all, I doubt it ever landed in a ship. Probably just China Lake..

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Seahawk looks really nice IMHO. There are couple renders floating on the net. They are just a renders/drawings but it's fine design.
On a side note, I've heard a rumor about Navy competition(for a new aircraft) that took place in the early 90s... but Navy decided to choose F-18 in the end. I suppose nice "shadowy background" there in the competition

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I thought it went something like -- Navy had something flying from all the NATF or (more likely) A/FX efforts - Navy was forced to invest in the JSF program - their black/greyish Hornet replacement competition got axed - they had to pick the Super Hornet as an interim solution - today the Navy 'loves' the F-35...
edit on 21-8-2017 by mightmight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

It never went past the concept. The Navy wasn't interested because of the cost. The F-117 skin was extremely sensitive and putting it on a ship would have required a totally new, more robust skin.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

I have similar thoughts about today's F-35

Super Hornets were introduced in 1999. The competition I mentioned in my previous post was during early 90s. The competition itself might last from early to mid 90s. Competition was cancelled and Navy decided to buy Super Hornets. Some of the 'entries' of the competition would have been used later for other things.. btw

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join