It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: There Will Be Questions About Whether Barcelona Attack Was ‘Copycat’ of Charlottesville

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Now they're really doing it.

CNN is comparing the Spain attacks to the violence in Charlottesville !!

We knew it's true.

We know they're gonna burn it all now.

Everything will go.

So stern and serious.

CNN: There Will Be Questions About Whether Barcelona Attack Was ‘Copycat’ of Charlottesville

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said Thursday there would be questions if the Barcelona terror attack involving a van crashing into a group of people was a "copycat" of what happened in Charlottesville, Va.

At least 13 people were killed and more than 50 were injured in Barcelona on Thursday when men rammed their van into a crowd of pedestrians at Las Ramblas, a popular tourism area in the city in northeastern Spain. The attack came five days after a man with white supremacist group ties was arrested for driving his car into a group of counter-protesters in Charlottesville, killing one woman and injuring multiple others.

CNN national security correspondent Jim Sciutto said the "shared tactics" of the attackers in both instances was "alarming."

"In light of the uproar of the last several days, five days apart you have a white supremacist in Charlottesville use a vehicle to kill, and here you have attackers at least following the modus operandi of terrorists using vehicles apparently to kill as well, and those shared tactics that should be alarming," Sciutto said.

"There will be questions about copycats," Blitzer said. "There will be questions if what happened in Barcelona was at all a copycat version of what happened in Charlottesville, Virginia. Even though there may be different characters, different political ambitions, they used the same killing device: a vehicle going at high speed into a group, a large group of pedestrians."

CNN wonders if Barcelona van attack is 'copycat' of Charlottesville

It's all gonna burn !!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

CNN is the epitome of the term 'snowflake'

How they still have viewers is beyond my intelligence.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If people can't see the MSM for the fraud they are at this point, bring on the ELE.

I was watching FOX news today, and you know how they always say they are fair and balanced? Well the had two people on, one was a female who was with correct the record, (lol) then they had a dude on who they just gave his name. BOTH lambasted Trump.

Well......I looked up the DUDE and guess who he worked for?

Correct the Record! I kid you not!

link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm surprised they didn't get disbanded after they threaten to doxx Han Solo.
edit on 8/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

link   
Welp if there is any doubt in where CNN stands in the American Sphere, this should lay it to rest.

They are not interested even slightly in reporting factual news, anything from them should be viewed with disdain and a taken with a truck load of salt.

+10 more 
link   
I think the real question to ask is if the Charlottesville moron was inspired by past Islamic attacks using vehicles.

That seems more reasonable than what CNN posited.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I would rather think the C'ville killer was a copycat of all the previous vehicle attacks.It's not like there were a shortage of examples.Trust cnn to spin it this way,one can but laugh at this stage.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I think a world wide economic collapse is enough to wake everyone up. When that happen, only then will people start demanding changes and for Republicans,Democrats, Hollyweird, and other Regressive organizations to be dissolved and allow new and better organizations that actually helps improve society to take their place.
edit on 8/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I think a world wide economic collapse is enough to wake everyone up. When that happen, only then will people start demanding changes and for Republicans,Democrats, Hollyweird, and other Regressive organizations to be dissolved and allow new and better organizations to take its place.

They must burn it first.

All of it must burn down.

All the glass must shatter.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just when you can't get any lower ffs ,these #ers are tearing the USA apart .

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I like the summary on zerohedge on this topic.

www.zerohedge.com...

Sure, Wolf...because Charlottesville was the first time anyone has used a vehicle in recent history to intentionally kill people...well, if you ignore identical attacks carried out by Muslim extremists in London, France and Germany that killed over a hundred people in just the past couple of months.

"This Is For Allah" - Seven Killed In London Terrorist Rampage; Three Assailants Shot

84 Dead, More Than 100 Injured After Truck Plows Into Crowd In Nice, France

12 Dead, 48 Injured After Pakistan-Born Refugee Rammed Truck Into Berlin Christmas Market

Of course, we're sure that no one will call out CNN and/or Blitzer for drawing this completely fabricated comparison.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I would rather think the C'ville killer was a copycat of all the previous vehicle attacks.It's not like there were a shortage of examples.

Not just that, but all the examples that come from freaking Europe. Where driving vehicles into crowds has been a "thing" for literally years at this point.

But yes, let's pretend that the guy is more likely to have been inspired by Charlottesville rather than all the other successful attacks in his own back yard.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

the article is wrong. we know that so what is the motive to be obviously wrong?

im thinking..

worrying about domestic terrorists never gained traction. I forget when it was, but targetting militia groups and these things.. conspiracy theorists are dangerous.

i imagine another push in that direction.

any other ideas?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I think a world wide economic collapse is enough to wake everyone up. When that happen, only then will people start demanding changes and for Republicans,Democrats, Hollyweird, and other Regressive organizations to be dissolved and allow new and better organizations to take its place.

They must burn it first.

All of it must burn down.

All the glass must shatter.

Up the Wolves

By the mountain goats

There's gonna be a party when the Wolf comes home!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yes i meant in Europe,sorry forgot to add that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If this turns out to be from an Muslim extremist, the same people saying the alt right is not to blame for the individual attack and blaming the left for it too..watch these same people blame an entire religion for the individual attack and will take no blame for spreading anti Muslim sentiments.

edit on 17-8-2017 by justagod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Mental gymnastics has now become a cross of jinga and twister. Apparently taking out structural bits of information and putting them elsewhere on the stack, while having one hand on blue another on yellow standing on your head quacking like a duck and waiting for the collapse is now news.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
just noticed that they found his passport
Seems like you cant pull off a terrorist attack without your passport. Makes it easier for the police to quickly identify the terrorists. Did they leave a passport at Charlottesville?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Yup, with the hysteria over the nazi rhetoric they need to keep the level of panic up there, so instead of being honest they need to fan the flames of fear and terror.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

My first question is how could it be a copy cat of what happened in Charlotte, when vehicles were used in terrorist attacks before Charlotte?

Looks like Trump was a prophet again. They are very fake news.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join