It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Charlottesville VA and Charlotte NC Here is what we should all remember.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It is not our race, our religion or our lot in life we all bleed red and we all love this land. And Woody Guthrie said it best in this song "this Land is Your land"

edit on 17-8-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Those were the good old days-for some.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I was a little kid in the 60's and early 70's and for me we sang that song in school blacks and whites holding hands, playing together and living side by side in unity and love.

It was only in 2009 that racial divisions started making the news again and it is the media and those who control it want to divide us into little groups for it is is easier for them to get their fascist agenda accepted by the people. They can't do it all at once for no one would accept it but divide and conquer and you can bring about the desired results.

That is exactly what Germany did to get Nazism accepted by all the people. But instead of it being Jews it is white men.

Don't fall for the ploy of the media get your news and information from other sources than AP, CNN, Fox, MSNBC and so forth.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You and I have the same experiences in the same years. But for minorities and women, there is no comparison between then and now.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I haven't found that to be true. since the 70's programs that help minorities and women have risen. they can get higher monetary grants for school and small businesses. they can higher within their own race without penalty while my white owned business has to have a certain percentage of minorities, women and now LGBT or I can be penalized and even put in jail.

I tried to buy a POPEYE"S fried chicken franchise and was denied because I am white male. I am not a racist, I treat all people with respect and on equal ground with myself.

The frustration is I have no rights and what I have are trampled on by the govt, MSM and Minorities.

But as I shared this land is our land.

or if you like this one

or this one

Those at the Charlottesville vigil didn't even now more than the first verse of the chorus.

MY favortie is this one

or if you just like a pretty girl singing it there is this one

edit on 20-8-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
here is another

there is even a hip hop versions

and one of the best ones yet is

And a blast from the past

edit on 20-8-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join