It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Magazine Tweet Calls for Blowing Up Mount Rushmore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Looks like Vice magazine called for blowing up mount Rushmore. Have to wonder how long these libs were hiding these hardcore anti American sentiments.
It is also very cool to see how it seems like a finely choreographed surge of fascist actions and declarations.

On the same day as a deadly incident in Barcelona that police have confirmed as a terrorist attack, a tweet published by VICE (whose website PJ Media will not link to in this post) called for blowing up Mount Rushmore.
pjmedia.com...

Like good little cowards they took the tweet down and toned the language they used with "we should get rid of mount Rushmore". Wussies.

The original tweet has since been deleted, but not before PJ Media grabbed a screenshot of the post.

As of this writing, the article linked to in the original tweet remains the main post on the VICE's homepage with slightly toned down language.

edit on 17-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

SNIP

This is the world we made. Who is willing to clean it up?

edit on 17-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/2017 by Blaine91555 because: no supporting violence please, even if its in jest - thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Absurd. I suppose the prevailing narrative is that the Egyptians used slaves to build the pyramids, so let's blow those up as well. Someone on an earlier thread brought up a good point, we decried when ISIS was blowing up historically important statues and buildings and now people are advocating the same thing here. Will anyone actually take this seriously?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Vice has some great journalism. I hope this was at least half in jest.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Trump is

Trump attacks removal of Confederate statues around the country
nypost.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Vice has some great journalism. I hope this was at least half in jest.

Do "great journalists" write in 1/2 jests? Or is that a free pass given to certain orgs?

edit on 17-8-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

...'used to' have great journalism, until their founder started gettin all buddy-buddy with obama. They literally changed over night.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There are things about Malcolm X that offend me. Perhaps we should tear down, burn or otherwise destroy everything named after him?

I mean, it's really ridiculous. I may not like the things about Malcolm X, but so what? Where is it written that I have to like or agree with every figure that someone else wants to name something for.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The tweet should actually have said this:

"Let's do whatever it is we say to do because we are the media and we control your life"

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Once again, it's free speech!

They threw out a concept, an edgy idea.

And that's all it was.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
They're gonna burn it.

Everything will end up in ash cans and landfills.

They're gonna burn it all.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Trump comes out looking like a prophet.

The ones who attack the US all the time are just expressing their true feelings. They always wanted to blow anything up that turned their stomachs at the sight or sound of expressing American exceptionalism.

When the people are done voting Trump in for his two terms, maybe they will chisel his likeness into Mt Rushmore for wanting to make America Great Again in the face of evil.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I wonder when they are going to go after the families that have lineage from the south.

Because they are alive, and that can be offensive to people.

edit on 17-8-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Trump comes out looking like a prophet.

The ones who attack the US all the time are just expressing their true feelings. They always wanted to blow anything up that turned their stomachs at the sight or sound of expressing American exceptionalism.

When the people are done voting Trump in for his two terms, maybe they will chisel his likeness into Mt Rushmore for wanting to make America Great Again in the face of evil.

You just bought a snip ton of stock in binkies didn't ya?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

I wonder when they are going to go after the families that have lineage from the south.

Because their are alive, and that can be offensive to people.

How can they get their reparations if they lynch em first?

link   
We should all test the limits of free speech.

It is so fragile, the tenuous grip we have on free speech.

link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Absurd. I suppose the prevailing narrative is that the Egyptians used slaves to build the pyramids, so let's blow those up as well. Someone on an earlier thread brought up a good point, we decried when ISIS was blowing up historically important statues and buildings and now people are advocating the same thing here. Will anyone actually take this seriously?

Great point. They are doing exactly what the Taliban and Isis have done. There is an ulterior motive which is to destroy America from within. It starts with taking down monuments then it will trickle to destroying the Constitution. Do people really think it's going to end with statues and street signs of confederates? They should really study what these groups want and no they are not anti fascists.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble but they were not calling for blowing up Mount Rushmore.
And you forgot to add a link.
www.vice.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And that's all it was.

Not really. It is an idea. An idea can have tremendous impacts on, well everything. But it is freedom of speech.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It seems like yesterday when we all agreed that the media was evil but here we are sucking up what the media puts out for us, what happened to us ATS?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join