It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

originally posted by: xuenchen
They're coming after everybody now.

This is getting big people !!

Things will burn.

Things will burn down.

Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago: ‘An absolute disgraceful act’

Abraham Lincoln has joined George Washington on the list of those targeted by Chicagoans in a national debate over Civil War-era monuments.

Alderman Raymond Lopez took to Facebook Wednesday night to decry a defaced statue of the nation’s 16th president in the Englewood neighborhood. The giant bust appears to have been damaged after someone in the 15th Ward sprayed and ignited a flammable liquid.

“What an absolute disgraceful act of vandalism. This bust of Abraham Lincoln, erected by Phil Bloomquist on August 31, 1926, was damaged & burned,” Mr. Lopez wrote, a local NBC affiliate reported. “If anyone has any information regarding this act, please contact the police or my office immediately.”

|__
__|

I blame Trump's rhetoric. He's the one, using his bully pulpit, that staked out a position of equivocation between confederate symbols and memorials to our founding fathers and others (Lincoln) who sought to preserve the union.

lmao

Lincoln was as racist as they come at that period of our Republics history. The sad thing is our country grew and became morally better. But you continue your petty divisive political narrative. Hope you are armed and stocked up with food when you realize your keyboard warrior skillz just sent your country into a tailspin of anarchy an chaos!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Things will burn.

Things will burn down.

Abraham Lincoln has joined George Washington on the list of those targeted by Chicagoans in a national debate over Civil War-era monuments.

Alderman Raymond Lopez took to Facebook Wednesday night to decry a defaced statue of the nation’s 16th president in the Englewood neighborhood. The giant bust appears to have been damaged after someone in the 15th Ward sprayed and ignited a flammable liquid.

“What an absolute disgraceful act of vandalism. This bust of Abraham Lincoln, erected by Phil Bloomquist on August 31, 1926, was damaged & burned,” Mr. Lopez wrote, a local NBC affiliate reported. “If anyone has any information regarding this act, please contact the police or my office immediately.”

|__
__|

I blame Trump's rhetoric. He's the one, using his bully pulpit, that staked out a position of equivocation between confederate symbols and memorials to our founding fathers and others (Lincoln) who sought to preserve the union.

lmao

Lincoln was as racist as they come at that period of our Republics history. The sad thing is our country grew and became morally better. But you continue your petty divisive political narrative. Hope you are armed and stocked up with food when you realize your keyboard warrior skillz just sent your country into a tailspin of anarchy an chaos!

Muh free speech (which I really don't have any kind of right to on a private message forum like ATS, so I'm grateful that the mods allow me to post my POV here).
edit on 17-8-2017 by icanteven because: clarify sentence

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

this doesn't seem like a false flag at all.

yah...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Things will burn.

Things will burn down.

|__
__|

lmao

Muh free speech (which I really don't have any kind of right to on a private message forum like ATS, so I'm grateful that the mods allow me to post my POV here).

I countered your point of view with mine. Why are you so triggered? I am not trying to shut you down from your freedom of speech, I am challenging you to prove me wrong by countering what I said with some logic instead of talking points derived from the television or facebook.

Unlike you I don't want to shut down those who have different views than I do, nor will I EVER demand that those who I disagree with NOT have the ability to speak or share their opinions or ideas.
edit on 17-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: netwarrior

So a white southerner drove all the way to Chicago and made his way to one of the worst neighborhoods to try to burn a Lincoln statue?

Apparently, the media wants us to believe a southern white nationalist would go completely unnoticed in the middle of a population that has 0.34% white according to 2010 census. Hmmm...I smell smoke and it isn't from the burnt bust.

Edit add: to be fair...doing more research, I found an article from 2016 talking about Millenials buying up real estate in Englewood...so I can only believe this will lead to a more anti-fascist outlook...since they seem to hate all authority and are only really out for themselves. Source
edit on 8 17 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

He won't realize it until he is forced to come knocking at YOUR door seeking refuge.

We're going to end up having to babysit all the clueless unprepared weaklings.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Things will burn.

Things will burn down.

|__
__|

lmao

I countered your point of view with mine. Why are you so triggered?

My perpetual triggered snowflake behavior and addiction to message forums, I would imagine.

Thankfully, I had a nice run without anyone throwing out the word trigger or showflake, and was hoping that we moved on from lazy crutch words.

Do you deal with people differently when you believe they're triggered? Why say it at all?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Things will burn.

Things will burn down.

|__
__|

lmao

My perpetual triggered snowflake behavior and addiction to message forums, I would imagine.

Thankfully, I had a nice run without anyone throwing out the word trigger or showflake, and was hoping that we moved on from lazy crutch words.

Do you deal with people differently when you believe they're triggered? Why say it at all?

I said you were triggered because you made a reference that I inferred that you were not allowed an opinion.

Would you care to address the meat of my response or continue to ignore it and go in a different direction. That's called deflection just so you know.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You don't think this might be the doing of pro-Confederate folk? Their hatred for Lincoln is probably stronger than an anarchists general hatred of statues.

Just saying, look at motivation here. One side has been wanting statues removed for a few years and the other has been hating Lincoln for centuries.

No matter who did it, that really sucks.

Because of the location, I would bet $1000 this is a false flag for a racist blm trying to incite a race war

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

God, people are devolving in front of our eyes.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You don't think this might be the doing of pro-Confederate folk? Their hatred for Lincoln is probably stronger than an anarchists general hatred of statues.

Just saying, look at motivation here. One side has been wanting statues removed for a few years and the other has been hating Lincoln for centuries.

In that neighborhood, no way hozay.

Everything is closely monitored around there.

Many people in Chicago understand they live in the institutional coral zones.

So closely monitored that nobody has any idea who did it?

Actually the Chicago Police know who did it.

The MSM will not tell you.

Link?

Sure.

Don't you think if a "Confederate" did this the MSM in Chicago would have it plastered all over the place by now.

Aside from Chicago never letting a good crisis go to waste, thay also contain all their "inner crises".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You know, Southerners do migrate for things like work, kids, and family. I'm a Cajun but I spent a good long time in the Appalachians. Damn near married a Kentucky girl.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Are these the same people who are against statues of Confederates? If so, did they explain why they were targeting the biggest opponent of the Confederacy? Or is it just that he was white?

Well let me put it this way.

The ones who did this have never been accused of being geniuses.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Things will burn.

Things will burn down.

|__
__|

lmao

I said you were triggered because you made a reference that I inferred that you were not allowed an opinion.

Would you care to address the meat of my response or continue to ignore it and go in a different direction. That's called deflection just so you know.

Which point? That Lincoln was a racist? Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't. I don't know enough to say, and I'm not going to go looking for information about it. He did engineer keeping the union together, so he does have that going for him. If there's another point you made, I'm happy to respond.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Because of the location, I would bet $1000 this is a false flag for a racist blm trying to incite a race war

VA governor Terry McAuliffe good buds with Tim Kaine who's son is a member of Antifa who got arrested. The Mayor, Michael Signor who worked with John Podesta. Vice Mayor, Wes Bellamy a racist black man who deleted his twitter statements where he said he "Hates white people"?

YA THINK?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

In that neighborhood, no way hozay.

Everything is closely monitored around there.

Many people in Chicago understand they live in the institutional coral zones.

So closely monitored that nobody has any idea who did it?

Actually the Chicago Police know who did it.

The MSM will not tell you.

Link?

Sure.

Don't you think if a "Confederate" did this the MSM in Chicago would have it plastered all over the place by now.

Aside from Chicago never letting a good crisis go to waste, thay also contain all their "inner crises".

Whatever, I was just saying we don't know. No amount of arguing will make us "know". We just have to wait. I'm not trying to convince you of any stance aside from the stance of "we don't know".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Things will burn.

Things will burn down.

|__
__|

lmao

Which point? That Lincoln was a racist? Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't. I don't know enough to say, and I'm not going to go looking for information about it. He did engineer keeping the union together, so he does have that going for him. If there's another point you made, I'm happy to respond.

He may have kept the Union together, and if he did, why are so many willingly ready to destroy it?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

why not, a canadian drove all the way down to charlottesville to protest a city's decision to remove a confederate statue???

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: netwarrior

So a white southerner drove all the way to Chicago and made his way to one of the worst neighborhoods to try to burn a Lincoln statue?

Apparently, the media wants us to believe a southern white nationalist would go completely unnoticed in the middle of a population that has 0.34% white according to 2010 census. Hmmm...I smell smoke and it isn't from the burnt bust.

Maybe it's someone who is trans-racial and racist?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Bingo !!

It was local (very very local) blm wannabees.

And they are not that smart enough to even understand much about anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join