It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
All of those who hate Abe Lincoln. Please send me your pennies & 5 dollar bills. If this becomes a trend, then I'll be Rich.
edit on 17-8-2017 by HappyFisherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

edit on 17-8-2017 by HappyFisherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman
All of those who hate Abe Lincoln. Please send me your pennies & 5 dollar bills. If this becomes a trend, then I'll be Rich.

Now you've done it !!

Next they'll be demanding all the people on coins and currency that were slave owners must be erased !!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: netwarrior

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: xuenchen

You don't think this might be the doing of pro-Confederate folk? Their hatred for Lincoln is probably stronger than an anarchists general hatred of statues.

Just saying, look at motivation here. One side has been wanting statues removed for a few years and the other has been hating Lincoln for centuries.

No matter who did it, that really sucks.

I hardly ever agree with Abysha but she's got a very valid point here. Hatred of the "tyrant Lincoln" runs deep in the south.

Actually its not lincoln per se they dislike its his actions he took as president. Now personally I think the man was a racist,elitist , jerkoff who tossed his wife in a mental instutition for no good reason.
The mans own writings showed he also didnt think Blacks were equal to whites. HE had plans to deport them all as well at one time.
The man was not honest at all. Booth did America a service.

Who the F cares at this point. That's a rhetorical question but still.

With everything going on in the world today, this is what people are concerned with? SJW's have so much time on their hands they're now going to go back thru history and start attacking every historical figure they disagree with? This is the epitome of retardation.

I give them two years before they run out of US historical figures to topple and turn to the Egyptian pyramids which were built by.....slave labor. That's right SJW's, go blow up the pyramids. Go show 'em who's boss.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

It's Russia.

Foundations of Geopolitics

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Abysha

You don't think this might be the doing of pro-Confederate folk? Their hatred for Lincoln is probably stronger than an anarchists general hatred of statues.

Just saying, look at motivation here. One side has been wanting statues removed for a few years and the other has been hating Lincoln for centuries.

No matter who did it, that really sucks.

In that neighborhood, no way hozay.

Everything is closely monitored around there.

Many people in Chicago understand they live in the institutional coral zones.

Chicago has over 2,700 city-owned surveillance cameras. The problem is that the "City Command Center" doesn't know which one is where...or something screwy like that..
This is tragic - chicagoist.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Installed by the cheapest bidder I am guessing..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Actually the highest bidder.

Because the graft is expensive.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Actually the highest bidder.

Because the graft is expensive.

Also highly possible..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I had to laugh at that, Clay2Baraka. Chicago is a 100% political town. Contracts are "awarded" based on connections, donations, bribes, etc.. Most of the cameras were installed over 10 years ago. But I don't think the company that installed them, passed along the "How to Use and Maintain" manual.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

But I don't think the company that installed them, passed along the "How to Use and Maintain" manual.

That wasn't in the contract..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I had to laugh at that, Clay2Baraka. Chicago is a 100% political town. Contracts are "awarded" based on connections, donations, bribes, etc.. Most of the cameras were installed over 10 years ago. But I don't think the company that installed them, passed along the "How to Use and Maintain" manual.

The shipment of manuals was on a truck that got hijacked.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Lincolns policys are why we are in this situation though. Thats why he applies. but yeah we need to move on. I think the government should apologize to the south by cutting our taxes to near zero for 20 yrs for lincolns unilateral actions.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

By Al Queda with help from the Weather Underground.. So that that they could operate in Chicago with impunity!
..a virtual coup.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman

Now you've done it !!

Next they'll be demanding all the people on coins and currency that were slave owners must be erased !!

No...they are just going to erase all the money.

Who wants to use that main token of modern slavery anyway? Everyone is enslaved to the all mighty dollar.

Make a buck, make a buck, make a buck.

It's time for the robots to do all the making (planting seeds), and we the people sit back and do all the reaping (harvesting the products).

edit on 18-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Seeing all this bs about statues getting trashed in the USA because of racism ect. When are they going to burn down the white house? After all it was built by slaves.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Ignorance and violence is not a pretty combination, is it?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Are these the same people who are against statues of Confederates? If so, did they explain why they were targeting the biggest opponent of the Confederacy? Or is it just that he was white?

Lincoln was actually a very outspoken white supremacist. In his writings he spoke out about how blacks will never be equal to the whites.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Where in Chicago do you reside?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RespectfullyDisagree

Where in Chicago do you reside?

Northwest side.

new topics

top topics