It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They're coming after everybody now.

This is getting big people !!

Things will burn.

Things will burn down.

Abraham Lincoln monument torched in Chicago: ‘An absolute disgraceful act’

Abraham Lincoln has joined George Washington on the list of those targeted by Chicagoans in a national debate over Civil War-era monuments.

Alderman Raymond Lopez took to Facebook Wednesday night to decry a defaced statue of the nation’s 16th president in the Englewood neighborhood. The giant bust appears to have been damaged after someone in the 15th Ward sprayed and ignited a flammable liquid.

“What an absolute disgraceful act of vandalism. This bust of Abraham Lincoln, erected by Phil Bloomquist on August 31, 1926, was damaged & burned,” Mr. Lopez wrote, a local NBC affiliate reported. “If anyone has any information regarding this act, please contact the police or my office immediately.”

|__
__|

+43 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You have to wonder about the intelligence of somebody burning a statue.

Might as well drown it...

+15 more 
link   
It would appear that the rule of law is dead. Lawlessness and selfishness rules the day! At this point, I just can't see things getting better until after it gets MUCH worse....

+11 more 
link   
oh pretty please let chicago burn to the ground

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Let the bullets fly or let's just hope like hell this eclipse will bring on an ELE!

People thought it was a joke when Homeland Security had a mock Zombie Invasion? roflmao

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Build a bigger and better one!

Stiff penalties need to be meted out. Hit these vandals where it hurts....put them in jail and fine them!

link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Yes. Again.

link   
a reply to: surfinguru

You basically described the Purge:

+17 more 
link   

Fascist do fascist things.

+19 more 
link   

originally posted by: surfinguru
It would appear that the rule of law is dead. Lawlessness and selfishness rules the day! At this point, I just can't see things getting better until after it gets MUCH worse....

When you have the media and politicians justifying this behaviour, what can anybody reasonably expect?

Bad people will be bad, give them free reign and they will be terrible.

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The war's not with Kim, it's right here at home.. More of Soros goons?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You don't think this might be the doing of pro-Confederate folk? Their hatred for Lincoln is probably stronger than an anarchists general hatred of statues.

Just saying, look at motivation here. One side has been wanting statues removed for a few years and the other has been hating Lincoln for centuries.

No matter who did it, that really sucks.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Considering it is located in Englewood which is the neighborhood in Chicago with the highest murder rate, maybe they were just trying to burn down the whole neighborhood which would be an improvement.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Political iconoclasm has now begun.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: surfinguru

When you have the media and politicians justifying this behaviour, what can anybody reasonably expect?

Bad people will be bad, give them free reign and they will be terrible.

Ding ding ding!!!!

We are witnessing the aftermath of 8 years of Obama!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting...

There is no way a Native American Community would allow a General Custer Park

I guess this guy has never seen Kit Carson's grave in New Mexico? Carson quite literally hunted native Americans like animals...but his grave is somewhat of a big deal and is always listed in tourist literature as a historical monument that should be seen.

I just think that if a name or a statue really upsets you so much that you have to demand it be removed from your sight, you have way too much time to sit around thinking about this crap. I mean seriously....don't any of these people have anything better to take up their energy and time? Between work and taking care of my family, I don't have enough time to be offended about things that aren't directly affecting my daily life. And if I did have that kind of spare time on my hands, I'd probably use it to take a nap.

Just sayin....

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
When will people finally wake up and condemn violence, rioting and vandalism on ALL SIDES.
Looks like only one person with a voice in America is actually on point.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

You don't think this might be the doing of pro-Confederate folk? Their hatred for Lincoln is probably stronger than an anarchists general hatred of statues.

Just saying, look at motivation here. One side has been wanting statues removed for a few years and the other has been hating Lincoln for centuries.

In that neighborhood, no way hozay.

Everything is closely monitored around there.

Many people in Chicago understand they live in the institutional coral zones.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I hardly ever agree with Abysha but she's got a very valid point here. Hatred of the "tyrant Lincoln" runs deep in the south.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

In that neighborhood, no way hozay.

Everything is closely monitored around there.

Many people in Chicago understand they live in the institutional coral zones.

So closely monitored that nobody has any idea who did it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join