It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think i saw a ghost..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was sitting at my office desk in my basement and I notices a ball of fog jet past my office door. The temperature instantly went cold. My question is how do you know if a spirit is evil or just passing through? I've been a member for a long time but haven't really been a frequent visitor to the paranormal part of the forums.

Been living here for 2 and a half years and the house only had 1 prior owners and both are in an elder care home as far as I know.

Wife asked me if it scared me and instead, i felt at peace and relaxed.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think you better call

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

haha im creeped out but not that creeped out yet. Heck if its gonna keep the area this cold in the summer i could save some money on the power. lol

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
I was sitting at my office desk in my basement and I notices a ball of fog jet past my office door. The temperature instantly went cold. My question is how do you know if a spirit is evil or just passing through? I've been a member for a long time but haven't really been a frequent visitor to the paranormal part of the forums.

Been living here for 2 and a half years and the house only had 1 prior owners and both are in an elder care home as far as I know.

I'm a superghost, which is basically just a regular ass dude.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

really was that necessary. This site has become a bunch of kids who have wrecked a pretty cool site.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Godthief

really was that necessary. This site has become a bunch of kids who have wrecked a pretty cool site.

No rebuke for the guy who posted Ghostbusters song?

I think with spirits or ghosts, you can just feel a presence. Even a deer can instinctively feel eyes on them (at least they seem to
)

Did you feel like you were sharing a room with another intelligence?

edit on 17-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Surprise... things we call "ghosts" exist.

Dunno if what you experienced was or not, but personal experience tends to cement the concept.

If it felt "okay" it was okay.

If things get weird, talking to them has helped quiet things down... for me, anyway.

I'm not sure if they are "all there" mentally or are just an aspect of the human they were, but telling them to "call out for help with their thoughts" calmed down two scary haunts (again, for me).

You're kinda lucky if it was a ghost as I rarely saw anything. Mostly, it was noises and the dogs seeing stuff I couldn't and the few times I did see something it was colored lights or puffs of smokey looking things. The black masses might better be avoided, though. Skoal.
edit on 8/17/2017 by Baddogma because: typo

edit on 8/17/2017 by Baddogma because: typo two-o

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

My question is how do you know if a spirit is evil or just passing through? I

Seeing and feeling a spirit is out of our realm of experience. We are conditioned to our physical senses, that is why people get afraid and then conclude something 'extra' sensory, extra normal, extra extraordianary is often thought to be evil spirits.

Just look at Churchianity for instance, for the most part they are taught that all spirit encounters are with evil spirits.

So sad.

Your feeling safe and at peace with it / about it? Thats your 'feeling', go with that, not your conditioning.
edit on 17-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling, clarity

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

And how do you know they AREN'T all evil spirits waiting to drag down humanity? Huh? Heh.

Actually, I agree with all you wrote; but really, we don't know nuthin'... for sure, for sure, I mean.

We can certainly make educated guesses though.
:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

We all have intuition; some pay more attention to theirs more than others. I have had "ghosts" around me most of my life. I can always tell if it's evil, or not by the "feeling" that comes over me.

I think you answered your own question when you said you felt at peace and relaxed.
It could have been a family member paying you a visit, or maybe it was just someone who used to live there checking you out.
If it was evil, I think you would have "picked up" on that. Unless more things start to happen that frighten you, I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

And how do you know they AREN'T all evil spirits waiting to drag down humanity? Huh? Heh.

According to hollywood they are. Same with aleens portrayed in film and on TV.

Very few products spewing from tinseltown show extraterrestrials or spirits in a positive light.

In that regard, holllywood and church share the same dogma.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Do you have some of those Airwick auto fresheners installed in your office?. I would look for one of them before i called in the ghostbusters.

join