It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Ok To Punch A Nazi?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There is no danger of that, so your premise doesn't quite work.

The WS/neo-Nazi movement, or even so-called Christian Identity groups, are so marginalized that they pose no danger to society.

Should we be aware of them? Certainly, just realize that at this moment in time, they pose no threat.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I grew up ignoring those guys. They've always been a squeaky wheel. Recall that we, as a nation, enjoyed ridiculing the neonazi's in The Blues Brothers.

All it takes is ignoring people who say things you don't like. LIke me....if someone mentions words like "diet" and "exercise", i simply tune them out.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

So the story changes.

One day, she is protesting and the next she is just walking to work or something.

You guys need to make up your mind or tell the truth. Which one is she because I get two different versions depending on the discussion about her I am having.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
only suckers give sucker punches. whatever their belief system.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Is it ok to punch someone whose core beliefs, goals, and agenda revolve around exterminating entire racial, ethnic, and religious groups?

Is that a serious question? That's like asking if it's ok to punch a terrorist in the face for spouting off ISIS or Al Qaeda bull#.

It is not only OK, it's practically your sacred American duty.

They are not simply people with "different political views". They are avowed enemies of the U.S. and it's principles. The Nazis we actually declared war on, and over 400,000 American military died fighting them and their little buddies to the east, the Fascist Imperial Japanese. Just like Islamic Extremists, they are the mutually declared enemies of the U.S. and it's citizens, and both groups are dedicated to the overthrow of the U.S., it's constitution, and guiding principles.

Of course I'm going to punch them. They are scum.

And for the record, I also believe in punching genuine commies, too. They killed millions of people, destroyed cultures, and killed hundreds of thousands of Americans in Korea and Nam. Haven't punched a commie in about 17 years, though, because thats the last time I ran into one.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Some of them are extraordinarily dangerous. The Order, remember them? Thankfully, the truly dangerous true believers are a rarity.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Is it ok to punch someone whose core beliefs, goals, and agenda revolve around exterminating entire racial, ethnic, and religious groups?

Is that a serious question? That's like asking if it's ok to punch a terrorist in the face for spouting off ISIS or Al Qaeda bull#.

It is not only OK, it's practically your sacred American duty.

They are not simply people with "different political views". They are avowed enemies of the U.S. and it's principles. The Nazis we actually declared war on, and over 400,000 American military died fighting them and their little buddies to the east, the Fascist Imperial Japanese. Just like Islamic Extremists, they are the mutually declared enemies of the U.S. and it's citizens, and both groups are dedicated to the overthrow of the U.S., it's constitution, and guiding principles.

Of course I'm going to punch them. They are scum.

And for the record, I also believe in punching genuine commies, too. They killed millions of people, destroyed cultures, and killed hundreds of thousands of Americans in Korea and Nam. Haven't punched a commie in about 17 years, though, because thats the last time I ran into one.

Does that apply if someone tells you that another person said "Nazi support or Communist things". Should you go and hit that other person simply based on that say-so?

That was the easiest way to set up fights in my high-school. The knuckleheads didn't know any different and would just start thumping someone for the simplest things like "that geeky kid over there took your chair". The knucklehead back then would just take that chair and thump the person even though no chair had ever been taken.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Reprehensible speech is the only kind of speech that truly needs the protection of the first amendment.

If what you say doesn't bother somebody, then it doesn't need a constitutional amendment to guarantee the right to say it, and probably isn't even worth saying. So no, while I may not agree with what everyone says, I do agree with their right to say it—without being punched.

If we start trying to decide what speech should be protected and what should be banned as "hate" speech, we are no better than book burning nazis or ISIL terrorists destroying monuments.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That's the least I'd do....at a minimum... More than a couple times. Then...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Xcalibur254

There is no danger of that, so your premise doesn't quite work.

The WS/neo-Nazi movement, or even so-called Christian Identity groups, are so marginalized that they pose no danger to society.

Should we be aware of them? Certainly, just realize that at this moment in time, they pose no threat.

I disagree. Far from marginalized, they have been actively infiltrating institutions and their numbers have been growing.

www.stripes.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
First of all, alt-right doesn't include Nazis, so get that straight in your head. Now let's move on to what you think is a civil rights movement. The new left wing doesn't give a single sht about civil rights, if anything they wish to curtail civil rights. It is the alt-right who advocates for civil rights and that is why the new left wants to hurt them.

If you're going to get this sort of fundamental thing wrong then you're only perpetuating misconceptions.

NO, it isn't okay to punch a Nazi but if someone does I would hope that they expect the Nazi to eventually hit back.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Like I said to Slap. It's not supposed to be a realistic scenario. It's a scenario that's supposed to make you think.

Is there a point where you think it's okay to punch Nazis?

If yes, what is that point?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
No and as a Leftist, it's pretty dumb to deny there were Leftists starting trouble and initiating violence in Charlottesville.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Nope. Rumors and heresay aren't worth a damn in any case, legal or otherwise.

In this case, you stick to what you witness with your own two eyes and ears. When they are waving swastikas and nazi flags in public and spouting their seig heil b.s., it's a pretty safe bet they are nazis or allies/sympathizers to white supremecy.

And thus, IMHO, perfectly punchable.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
No and as a Leftist, it's pretty dumb to deny there were Leftists starting trouble and initiating violence in Charlottesville.

So, basically all you did there was declare your bias and that it is how you view this event.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

A beautiful voice of reason and truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Yes.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well, I guess I'm biased too, because the left is violent and irrational and ill-informed and this is how they behave. It's difficult for me to view anything they do without seeing it through that perspective.

What I find confusing is that you haven't picked up on the violence and irrationality.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: Edumakated

Nope. It's better to make themselves look like fools without any intervention whatsoever.

Yup. It is better to just laugh at them. What they want is a negative reaction. People who feed on hate, need hate in return to "feel good."

This is why Jesus said, "Love your enemies".

The old biblical rule "eye for an eye" applies.

Only, with some people, you have to do the opposite of what you'd think, to effectively deliver that "eye for an eye" justice.

They want you to feel bad, by projecting hate to you, so you get them to feel bad by return "love" instead.

They can't stand the love. It makes them uncomfortable, and cringe inside.

So, every-time there's a Nazi demonstration, the anti-Nazi's should show up in good cheer, laughing and making jokes, pointing at their silly costumes and do just try to be "friendly" with them. You'll see, they can't stand it.

What the Nazi's want is some conflict and opposition, they expect it, feed off of it, so give them the exact opposite type of food. Invite them to join the rest of us. Tell them they are not really so bad. They are all really good guys with some funny views, that's all.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

I truly thought you were talking bout the leftists until I reached the last paragraph.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join