It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Ok To Punch A Nazi?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
These hate groups have been holding rallies for as long as I can remember. They have been marginalized and no one really takes them seriously. Every time opposition shows up at these rallies it gives them the coverage/attention they desperately seek.

Had BLM, antifa, or whoever just ignored these Unite The Right guys, they would have just disappeared back into oblivion.

I tend to believe that you are spot on. In the grand scheme of things, what do a bunch of racist idiots wandering around with tiki torches have to do if no one is around to provoke/reciprocate the violence that they probably want to participate in?

If we leave them to protest and chant, but give them a ghost town in which to do it, it will be like a tree falling in the forest. Who cares if it makes a sound?

Now, if they choose to, without provocation, initiate destruction and actively seek out people with whom to be violent, then that is, IMO, another matter altogether.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There are times a sock to the mouth is appropriate. When someone is talking to someone else, and not about you, it is not appropriate.

If that same guy is attacking my wife's virtue, ill stomp a mudhole into him ex post haste.

As it relates to what you are really asking....the "liberals" you are talking to are gentle folk who will enjoy their violence vicariously. You don't get dirty that way, and don't run the risk of someone punching back.

I personally prefer people feeling free to speak their mind. Its far easier to know who the assholes in society are.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I think that you have mouthbreathing morons in the hate groups, and histrionic children in the protest group. Both WANT that attention. Its the whole reason they are there to begin with.

Maybe its my small town naivete....but protesting seems like a waste of time most often supported by wheels that yearn to be squeaky. Sane and rational adults rarely participate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

YES, THIS.

If you run out looking for a fight, right or wrong, you are likely to find one. If you aren't there, the guy who would have punched you will have nobody to hit.

And let the stupid people talk all they want, you will have no issues identifying them. (like on this very forum)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It's what I've been saying.

Let them hold their angry, hateful little rally and shout their angry, hateful things. If no one shows up, they go home and crawl back under their rocks.

As my grandma said (wise woman she was), there is good in everyone even if it's only in teaching you how you don't want to be.

They demonstrate how pathetic they are. We see what hate looks like, No one likes it, and they disappear for a while.

But when others show up as has been the case lately with the purpose of intimidating or outright physically preventing them from doing their hateful thing ... then no one wins and everyone looks bad.

Had they left well enough alone and trouble had started, then we ALL would have known whom to blame, but this way, everyone is to blame.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You can't just go around hitting people who say things you don't like. This isn't the wild west anymore. And you'll have no friends, family or co-workers. Maybe a jail roommate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Punching racists will end racism, just like destroying history will end racism.

These myopic idiots who think they can beat the crap out of someone who has a different opinion are no better than fascists and Nazi's of the past.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to dirty my hands on types like these, but I also believe it's wrong to use violence on a person who hasn't attacked me one to one....so that's two reasons why it's not okay!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It's the Paradox of Tolerance.

At what point does tolerance of intolerance allow the intolerance to subvert the tolerance?

If you woke up tomorrow and the Nazis were in control of the country would you fight back? If the answer is yes, at what point in their rise to power would it have been acceptable to fight back?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well said. S+F

Can I punch a woman if she identifies as a man?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

No, it is never right to punch anyone. Unless by doing so you are preventing them from causing harm to others.

All you are doing is proving you are no better/different to them (and possibly worse). And destroying any moral argument you might otherwise have had.

No debate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Anyone else find it incredibly coincedental he mentions Pepe (kek) just before getting sucker punched?
Oh and as far as the punch not taking a NAZI side here but a sucker punch is just that...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Well said. S+F

Can I punch a woman if she identifies as a man?

Would that be before or after the first kiss?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It's not ok to punch anyone. If you do you should expect to get punched back, a lot.

Unless it's Jesus, you can punch him all day and he'll keep turning the other cheek or something.

Careful though, his followers won't, they'll hit ya hard.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Depends.

Am I going to go up to a neo-Nazi/white supremacist and start shouting at them or hitting them?

No. It's a stupid thing to do.

Have I been at rallies and marches where my group and I were challenged by neo-Nazis/White Supermicists/etc? Yes, I have. Walked right on past them without engaging.

WOULD I ever punch one of them? Yes, if I saw a group of them attacking someone I would step in to stop them (though I'd be more likely to use the techniques we learned in Kung-Fu... yank them backwards and use my weight to pin them down while yelling for others to help me).

My preference is for peaceful demonstrations and ignoring the jerks. That strategy empowers the left wing to get out and get involved (there's data to show this, in fact... a lot of data.) Violence tends to empower and motivate the right-wing base.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Not only is it ok, it should be your default setting...Punch away.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Depends.

Am I going to go up to a neo-Nazi/white supremacist and start shouting at them or hitting them?

No. It's a stupid thing to do.

Have I been at rallies and marches where my group and I were challenged by neo-Nazis/White Supermicists/etc? Yes, I have. Walked right on past them without engaging.

WOULD I ever punch one of them? Yes, if I saw a group of them attacking someone I would step in to stop them (though I'd be more likely to use the techniques we learned in Kung-Fu... yank them backwards and use my weight to pin them down while yelling for others to help me).

My preference is for peaceful demonstrations and ignoring the jerks. That strategy empowers the left wing to get out and get involved (there's data to show this, in fact... a lot of data.) Violence tends to empower and motivate the right-wing base.

But the world tends to lack your overall sanity.
If it didn't, we'd all be a lot happier I think.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You can't be a facist fighting facism!!!!

Punch em all!!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

There's a time and place for everything, including making someone else spit bloody chicklets. I think the real question in this country ought to be whether or not someone who gets provoked into throwing the first punch has any right to then lean on morality as a defense against receiving a punch right back to their own face. That's the part of much of this that I find especially asinine. Counter demonstrator 'A' has reached their limit of BS from demonstrator 'B', so a punch is thrown. Demonstrator 'B' then picks themself up and swings on counter demonstrator 'A' and the media somehow manages to paint 'B' as the lone bad guy here because he or she provoked and then retaliated against physical violence.

At some point fights will happen, it's a natural action that is human as well as humane.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join