It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Bannon, Unrepentant - American Prospect article

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Steve Bannon gives an interview - how often does that happen ?
Steve Bannon - unrepentant

Evidently, we can wonder what's the motivation here
is this is a pre-emptive move of some sort,
a 'reach-out 'n' reassure the base' calculation
whatever, it's a worthwhile read

Bannon gives his his views on a pretty wide ranging spectrum, China ...

“We’re at economic war with China,” he added.
“It’s in all their literature. They’re not shy about saying what they’re doing.
One of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path.
On Korea, they’re just tapping us along.
It’s just a sideshow.”

...Bannon comes out resoundingly against Trump's 'Fire and Furious anger' speech ...

....Contrary to Trump’s threat of fire and fury, Bannon said: “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

Bannon went on to describe his battle inside the administration to take a harder line on China trade, and not to fall into a trap of wishful thinking in which complaints against China’s trade practices now had to take a backseat to the hope that China, as honest broker, would help restrain Kim.

...the Grand Daddy of the alt-right, suddenly, disowns it (!) ...

I asked Bannon about the connection between his program of economic nationalism and the ugly white nationalism epitomized by the racist violence in Charlottesville and Trump’s reluctance to condemn it.

Bannon, after all, was the architect of the strategy of using Breitbart to heat up white nationalism and then rely on the radical right as Trump’s base.

He dismissed the far right as irrelevant and sidestepped his own role in cultivating it: “Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.” “These guys are a collection of clowns,” he added.

Like i said at the top, either this is designed
- probably conceivably sanctioned by Trump, too -
to 'put the record straight'

to give a semblance of stability to the white house

Or, Bannon thinks he's on the way out
and this is a first warning :
you'd better hope i stay in the tent, pissing out
not outside the tent, pissing in
edit on 17/8/17 by Damiel because: spllgn

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Not much there that you could not glean reading between the lines these last seven months, whatever.
The story's been picked up by quite a few online sites that play with the idea that Bannon didn't know he was going on the record, whereas the OP's link is from the first-hand report...the author of the story just says that he treated it as an interview that he would report on.
Still, maybe Bannon had a drop of mountain dew in him at the time!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
Y'see that's why i wonder ... mountain dew or not
First hand report from a reliable 'left leaning' source
Why go there ?
And so candidly ?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

I saw the article and was frankly shocked. Bannon's sounding more like a leftie-like-me than what I expected. On the other hand, he hasn't appeared like Moses on the Mountain, throwing down tablets and lawsuits and shrieking that he's been framed.

...more shocking, I agreed with him on a lot of things.

...and then he called the Republicans "clowns."

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
Very curious indeed
When is labour day ?

top topics

join