It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stamford Officials Eye Legislation That Would Outlaw ‘Distracted Walking’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Now pay attention class.

We are having today's lesson on walking and talking.

We will focus on our elected leaders to micromanage our habits.

Today you will learn how not to text and walk at the same time.

Drivers aren’t the only ones who could be fined for texting or talking.

Now, there’s a proposal to keep pedestrians safe that could set off a national trend.

Crossing busy Broad Street in downtown Stamford can be a challenge, even if you’re not staring down at text messages on your cell phone.

“I see mothers pushing their babies, they’re texting and I’m like how do y’all do all this at this intersection? That scares me,” Dawn Thompson said.

“There been many times where I looked down on my phone and then notice that there’s a car coming right at me, and I feel like a moron whenever that happens,” Nicole Neurohr said.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If you're such a dim little fascist that you can't pay attention to the world around you then perhaps you need nannying.

Now run away to your safe alt-right echo chamber space, Snowflake.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: savvo

If you're such a dim little fascist that you can't pay attention to the world around you then perhaps you need nannying.

Now run away to your safe alt-right echo chamber space, Snowflake.

But I have a valid permit for my cellphone.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Now pay attention class.

We are having today's lesson on walking and talking.

We will focus on our elected leaders to micromanage our habits.

Today you will learn how not to text and walk at the same time.

Drivers aren’t the only ones who could be fined for texting or talking.

Now, there’s a proposal to keep pedestrians safe that could set off a national trend.

Crossing busy Broad Street in downtown Stamford can be a challenge, even if you’re not staring down at text messages on your cell phone.

“I see mothers pushing their babies, they’re texting and I’m like how do y’all do all this at this intersection? That scares me,” Dawn Thompson said.

“There been many times where I looked down on my phone and then notice that there’s a car coming right at me, and I feel like a moron whenever that happens,” Nicole Neurohr said.

The easy fix is just making it legal to hit jaywalkers...

I can't tell you how many times I see these morons walk right out into a crosswalk against the light with their faces buried in their cell phones.

Darwin...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Get your Pavlok now

And this undesirable dangerous behaviour dies out in days.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I remember how dangerous it is to walk while distracted. It was the late seventies, I was walking on a street in Plymouth Wisconsin, on my way to get an ice cream cone. A girl walked past me, really nice one, and I turned my head around after she went by. What a fox. When I turned my head back I walked into a sign pole and broke my front tooth.

I told the dentist and his assistant how it really happened, boy, I liked the smile on his cute assistant when they heard my story. I'm not young and dumb anymore, I lost the young part.

top topics

join