It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nike Air Jordan 1 Shoes- “Black Lives Matter” Is The Message Our Nation Needs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
a reply to: Mikehawk

"You seem to salivate at the thought of this potentially happening... "

Potentially???????

It has always happened.

Will continue to happen.

And shoe companies already know this.

So they put out ironic shoes like this??

Ok.

You're so blinded by the anticipation that you forgot to read my WHOLE post. Stop twisting my words to fit your narrative.

I CLEARLY said THAT it happens, and asked if it WERE to happen if YOU would celebrate. I said "POTENTIALLY", because no one has been killed for their BLM sneaks yet js...but you ignored my post and what I already acknowledged and came back with more crap that I already acknowledged...thanks for telling me what I already told you what I already know Einstein.

With people like you joining the discussion there will never be any solutions, just more division. It pains me to see me nation so full of hate and looking forward to the upcoming race war...

Let me let you in on a little secret, you won't get your race war, it will be a class war. The rich want us against each other so we can't stop their domination, the non-gullible critical thinkers such as myself can see this. The critical thinkers will not be hoodwinked like the gullible people taking the bait...

I will be fighting for you and your kind when the time comes, I care about my fellow human beings no matter how misguided they might be.

You can thank me now or you can thank me later.

Until then you can sit there in your comfy chair by your keyboard and tell us how black youth kill each other over sneakers. We know it happens ffs, you had to take a good topic and put your biased racist spin on it. Stating facts isn't racist, but the way you salivate over some kid getting shot over his shoes definitely is in my opinion.

And don't try to paint me a supporter of the current BLM platform.

You will be wrong if you do.

edit on 17-8-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Shoes with messages.

Oh well.

They'll probably sell! Free speech and the free market!

I wear 4 inch heels, so I won't be buying any.

They'd clash.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Jordan brands supports social causes that bring people together.

If this is true, then why in the hell are these Jordans supporting one of the main groups working directly to drive people apart?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Wonder if these shoes were made in Nike's well paying unionized safe factories in the 3rd world?

You know they were. And limited edition means higher prices! I'd laugh at the entire concept of the sneakers but im to busy shaking my head.

Because it's going to work (sigh).

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Why is he supposed to care?

He's a billionaire because he worked for it. Matters not in the slightest that he won fame and fortune playing a game. Few people are as good at what they do as he was, and I suppose still is.

Why is he supposed to care? When many, not most, just many, don't seem to care about their own plight, or be willing to do anything about it? Why should he? Or Tiger Woods, or any of the other "sell outs"--not your words, but others have used those very words--that seemingly don't care about the plight of others.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Because nothing says "freedumb" like the continuation of consumer enslavement.

Buy our runners !
Buy our white polo shirts !
Buy our beige khakis !
Buy our hot dogs !

" You haul sixteen tons and what do you get ?
Another day older and deeper in debt..."

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

By the same token, let's not be disingenuous and portray the man as some sort of philanthropist or socially conscious hero because he slaps a buzzword or street credentialed slogan onto a pair of sneaks and sells them direct to the same folks who use said buzzwords or slogans. He's a businessman and his job is to make money for himself, his partners, and his investors, PERIOD.

As the old saying goes, in the world of the blind, a one eyed man is king. That's professional sports' business elite in a nutshell. (and yeah, I'll even throw Elway into that category.)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Exactly!

His entire intent, and those of Nike, were to make money. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I wonder what charity supports "true unity"?
Great marketing though, should sell like MAGA hats.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Shoes with messages.

Oh well.

They'll probably sell! Free speech and the free market!

I wear 4 inch heels, so I won't be buying any.

They'd clash.

My shoes have messages.
They're falling apart and generally say "this guy is broke"

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: odzeandennz

Not about me.

I wonder if these shoes were supposed to go public or not. Valid question.

The quote in the opening post said they were not-for-public but perhaps they were going to offer them to law enforcement to use for their training/workout sessions. I can't think of any other purpose, I certainly wouldn't wear them or any shoe stating any other colors matter more than another. Perhaps a nice "Equality" mantra would be better and could be more universally accepted.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

There's a war coming?

And not a race war?

A class war?

Who knew.....

But I have no dog in these nonsense 'wars'.

So don't fight for me, fight for yourself and whatever it is you believe in.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Still waiting for these limited edition nikes.
Just do it, drink the kool-aid!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
But, a big corporation wouldn't "use" their key demographic just to make a profit, right?

Sounds exactly like how politicians operate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: notsure1

Why is he supposed to care?

He's a billionaire because he worked for it. Matters not in the slightest that he won fame and fortune playing a game. Few people are as good at what they do as he was, and I suppose still is.

Why is he supposed to care? When many, not most, just many, don't seem to care about their own plight, or be willing to do anything about it? Why should he? Or Tiger Woods, or any of the other "sell outs"--not your words, but others have used those very words--that seemingly don't care about the plight of others.

I think now he is supposed to care because he made a pair of shoes that says Black lives matter on them.

If they really mattered to him he would sell em for 20$. But before this I would have said yeah why should he care.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

with all proceeds going directly to charity that supports the cause for true unity in our country.

That rules out the proceeds going to BLM.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join