It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Remember the Hard Hat Riot? A large group of union workers marched through an even larger group of war protesters a whompin an a whumpin every livin thing in sight within an inch of its life. Afterward, like by maybe a few days after, President Nixon met with the union leader guy. Union Leader Guy brought him the Prez a hardhat and a whole lot of people saw it as President Nixon taking sides with the street fighting men of the Union. And then Watergate and Nixon resigns and the left made a little bit more progress and then Reagan. That's where we are now: on the cusp of a conservative revival not witnessed since Nixon and Reagan. Conservatives are sick of the "progress" and will fight back (or "snap back") until people get sick of them, and then the cycle will likely repeat if the USA is still around. Personally, I hope The Asteroid shows up soon because all this teeter tottering rubbish is a total drag. Until then, expect The Right and The Left to bloody each other in the streets with cars, guns, clubs, and whatever else isn't nailed down. It's just so boring. Gah. Forget this! I'm getting a couple or three prostitutes tonight. Clean ones.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You are now the 5th person to claim there is video evidence of both sides - I keep asking someone to post it and nobody has.

POST IT PLEASE.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: network dude

The "Left" only brought weapons the second day after having spent the previous night being pepper-sprayed and beaten by torches that were held by the "Right". This is as per the first hand account.

The hardcore Antifa were still on the busses coming in Friday. The Friday counterprotestors from what I have read were mostly college students there. And yes the behavior of the Neo Nazis and white supremacists on Friday was appalling and I'm sure some should have been arrested. Where were the Police Friday? Their absence Friday set the table for what happened Saturday

THANKYOU!!!!!!!

Finally, someone gets the point.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
And lest we all forget, what does the Guardian, the paper that published this article, think about punching nazis?

Yep, they don't believe in debating people with dangerous ideas like Trump.

She says she won''t encourage people for punching "nazis" but won't condemn them.

She says they need to go low.

Just another example of how the media is fostering this violence.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Sounds like a great way to combat Fascism and white supremacy.

Someone's got to do it.

No someone doesn't.

That's the function of federal law enforcement.

Everyone pays taxes for it.

That way their get their days in courts of law and get a jury of their peers.

Instead of mob 'justice'.

Feel free to continue violating the constitutional rights of 'bad' people, and support there of.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: pavil

It's a first hand account by a real person who was there.

It's a bit bloody ridiculous to then come along and just reply "It's fake" without offering any evidence as if we should believe them "just because".

If he posts evidence to PROVE it's fake then we'll discuss that.

Sure.

Post evidence to prove the people I listed were fake.

I'm responding to the OP and guardian article. You are the one in need of proof of that article. A full video of the event would be good. I'm sure authorities were talking numerous videos, don't you think. I'm all for punishing those that actually started the violence by throwing , punching attacking ect. The one who throws the first punch is the one at fault. If the counterprotestors were smart, they would have gone all nonviolent and let the world see the brutality and violence of the other side. The best way to destroy groups like that is by letting the world see them in action.

+1 more 
link   
I still can't believe this anecdotal piece of "evidence" was made into a thread to try to vindicate a side..

No accountability whatsoever. Pathetic.

You're all pathetic.

edit on 17-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Kryties

There are plenty of reports by other people there (and videos online) that contradict this person one person's anecdotal evidence. Does that not count?

ETA: Whoops, this landed on page four, so I'm probably only echoing the logical responses that others have had as well--and this is not a defense of the Unite the Right people, it's just refocusing on reality.
edit on 17-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Oh, so the "Left" should just stand there and let the snot be beaten out of them? Or are you suggesting they shouldn't have been there at all, thereby stomping on their freedom of speech rights?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

There are plenty of reports by other people there (and videos online) that contradict this person one person's anecdotal evidence. Does that not count?

Why do people keep claiming this evidence exists and yet, when repeatedly asked to post it, nobody does?

You are the 6th person to claim this now and the 6th person to post NO EVIDENCE.

IF YOU HAVE THE EVIDENCE THEN POST IT.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The "Left" only brought weapons the second day after having spent the previous night being pepper-sprayed and beaten by torches that were held by the "Right". This is as per the first hand account.

The hardcore Antifa were still on the busses coming in Friday. The Friday counterprotestors from what I have read were mostly college students there. And yes the behavior of the Neo Nazis and white supremacists on Friday was appalling and I'm sure some should have been arrested. Where were the Police Friday? Their absence Friday set the table for what happened Saturday

THANKYOU!!!!!!!

Finally, someone gets the point.

If this was your point, you really need to look inward at how you communicate. You are arguing who was less wrong, when it's clear to everyone with sense that both sides were idiotic. Nothing positive came from this and noting positive will come from trying to defend one side over the other.

link   

Oh, so what you're actually saying is people shouldn't have the right to freedom of speech if you do not agree with the topic?

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
People on both sides are violent. No one can deny that.

It doesn't mean either side is inherently evil. Anyone who gets caught up in that belief is just wrong.

Nazis ideology is inherently evil. Sorry dude.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The point is that the counter-protesters turned up peacefully with every intention to protest peacefully and yet the Nazis and KKK mob decided it would be better to instigate the violence then blame it all on the "Left". The counter-protesters only armed themselves when it became apparent they were going to have to defend themselves from violence.

link   

First page, somebody already posted a video as evidence. Did you skip it on purpose?

Or is the cops anecdotal evidence not as credible as the person in your OP?

link   

Oh, so what you're actually saying is people shouldn't have the right to freedom of speech if you do not agree with the topic?

Guess what ?

Even NAZIS have that RIGHT to speech and assembly.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

It's a bit bloody ridiculous to then come along and just reply "It's fake" without offering any evidence as if we should believe them "just because".

Sure.

Post evidence to prove the people I listed were fake.

I'm responding to the OP and guardian article. You are the one in need of proof of that article. A full video of the event would be good. I'm sure authorities were talking numerous videos, don't you think. I'm all for punishing those that actually started the violence by throwing , punching attacking ect. The one who throws the first punch is the one at fault. If the counterprotestors were smart, they would have gone all nonviolent and let the world see the brutality and violence of the other side. The best way to destroy groups like that is by letting the world see them in action.

I was adressing the OP who said people needed to prove their first hand account was fake.

I am merely asking the OP to do the same with other first hand accounts

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

in this day and age everyone, including this first hand account person has a phone that can record video and audio. Did they present a video corroborating what they say they saw in the article? That's the kind of proof that is necessary to back up these kind of statements now. There are far too many actors playing their part and saying their piece. I don't believe anything without other evidence to back up.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

..... Says the left....

Honestly thinking that the left are incapable of violence is totally ignorant.

If they had never turned up it would never have turned violent, same things happen in the UK overtime the EDL turn up, the islamofacists supporters turn up.

Its pathetic, the left go out looking for violence like this just so they can denounce the patriots on the right as being violent, racist and to quote queen left "deplorables"

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't own a phone. I use my wife's, but I don't have my own.

So there's that.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join