It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Trumps first remarks on this.

I am only quoting a portion, link will be provided.

But we’re closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Virginia. We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence, on many sides. On many sides. It’s been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time.

It has no place in America. What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives. No citizen should ever fear for their safety and security in our society, and no child should ever be afraid to go outside and play, or be with their parents, and have a good time.

I just got off the phone with the Governor of Virginia, Terry McAuliffe, and we agreed that the hate and the division must stop, and must stop right now. We have to come together as Americans with love for our nation and true affection — really — and I say this so strongly — true affection for each other.

Above all else, we must remember this truth: No matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our God. We love our flag. We’re proud of our country. We’re proud of who we are. So we want to get the situation straightened out in Charlottesville, and we want to study it. And we want to see what we’re doing wrong as a country, where things like this can happen.

My administration is restoring the sacred bonds of loyalty between this nation and its citizens, but our citizens must also restore the bonds of trust and loyalty between one another. We must love each other, respect each other, and cherish our history and our future together. So important. We have to respect each other. Ideally, we have to love each other.

And again, going back to Charlottesville, we have to heal the wounds of our country. These are wounds that have been going on for, really, a long time. And I thought, and everybody thought, and everybody wants it to heal, and it will heal. And we’re going to make every effort possible to make sure that that healing procedure goes as quickly as possible.

www.bcdemocrat.com...

He condemns all violence and bigotry on many sides. Hee talks about how people of all coloirs are great, and how we need to all come together.

What is wrong with this?

Because he didn't say "Oh and the KKK is bad" specifically, and just condemned all bigotry and said people of all colors were great, he somehow is defending nazis?

I feel like I am in a different world.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Ah yes those peaceful leftists.

Buit I am sure that reporter instigated it.

I wonder why they didn't want people recording?

Almost like they are frying to control the narrative...
edit on 17-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The "left" attacked no-one at Charlottesville. First hand accounts prove that the Right instigated and continued the violence and that the "Left" merely defended itself.

Did you even read the article before responding?
Hey, you're talking about Antifa here...They cause mayhem and damage wherever they are...
We've seen plenty of pictures where the alt left were carrying and swinging baseball bats and clubs...The police reported they were throwing rocks and pop cans full of cement...Plus, they had no legal right to be there...The State Police made the statement that both sides were guilty, equally...

I would put the Antifa crowd in the same camp as the Nazis...And it has become clear that Antifa hates Republicans as much as the white supremecists hate non whites...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Who showed up with fricken body armor and who didn't show up to protect & serve? Neo Nazis chaindogs on the loose and no police to see at all, go and figure? Was this meant to escalate? Even Trump managed not to address terrorism in his second reply either, adding further insult to injury. Just your usual daily violence, nothing to see here but violence on both sides!

That's the conspiracy right in front of our eyes, literally happening in broad daylight. Instead of addressing all those weird additions of escalation, we're talking about 1 (as in: one) really bad clip of alleged leftwing "first" violence, which hopefully... finally offers footage to actually see the moment of what... violence and provocations from the left? But nope! The cam turns and we see someone nearly beaten to death, just not a Neo Nazi. How can you ignore all that?

Moments like this is the reason why we Krauts have a decent amount of police force on the scene. You act like amateurs with this kinda stuff and now point to what... violence on both sides? How's your militarized bollocks turning out now?

#StockhomSyndrome

edit on 17-8-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

[I got your sarcasm & am agreeing with you - just in case that's not clear - LOL]

There was even a guy who lives in Charlottesville, who was posting live on an ATS thread as to what was happening in his town. He was saying it was bad on both sides and describing what he was seeing - which was out of hand all the way around. He did strongly denounce the nazi sentiment so he wasn't describing things from a sympathizer POV.

Interesting to note - he was also irritated that people were taken aback by the President's comment that there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville. His point being that "Charlottesville" is a city. In other words, he was saying it's important to remember that this event was not "Charlottesville" itself but rather just something that happened there. So he wanted it to be known that there ARE good people on "both sides" (liberal & conservative / of the statute-debate) in his town (Charlottesville) who had zero to do with what happened.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

At 1:40 you see them walking away saying nothing as a man with a bat or weapon swings it staring them down. The whole time they group being ledt through the counter protestors is basically silent while the other scream at them things like "watch my Bat!"

Saw it.

At 3:25 one of the leftist throws his stick at the protestors.

Actually, no. What happens if you look closely is that he smacks the stick out of the neo-Nazi's hand. Still, that was instigation.

4:10, another leftist throws something. Still no violence from the right yet.

Yep, couldn't tell what it was.

Now pause at 5:34. Leftists guy in pink shirt is swinging his bat at someone hitting them.

Yes, I see it. I wish I could see what happened right before but you can clearly see him swinging his stick/bat at the neo-Nazi. It looks to me like the guy in the red shirt did likely instigate that particular skirmish.

Film goes forward and everything looks calmed down. 6:44 a leftist protestor comes in and swings, and then runs. Guy he hits collapses and doesn' get up.

That appears to be 4 actual Antifa. By the time the camera swings around, the one guy is collapsing but it looks like he got hit with something. I'll assume the Antifa struck first.

7:40 left wing guy screaming at the media for protecting the right wingers.

You're assuming that the guy screaming is "left wing" because? He appears to be a local ("our city") and I think he's actually screaming at the cops.

Okay, so we have two fights in an approximately 10 minute period that look to have been instigated by people who *aren't* the white nationalist/white supremacist invaders.

The person who ultimately gets beat down in the garage btw, is DeAndre Harris. He's a 20 year-old Charlottesville resident. I have no idea if he has any political leanings. He suffered a broken wrist and a lacerated scalp that required eight staples.

You can see him get knocked over in the video (he's in the shorts). He then appears to get up and run a few steps before getting knocked down again and then gets the s# beat out of him with poles.

The person who took that photo was Zach D Roberts. As he was shooting the video, one of the neo-Nazis pulled a pistol on him, according to Roberts:

Tell me where I am wrong in any of this.

Looks like your assessment of this particular video was fairly accurate. You do realize this was just one video of two of the skirmishes? At any rate, I'll be straight up with whatever. I hope you can pay me the same respect and not continue to piss down my leg and tell me it's "very fine people."

I agree with your assessment Anti... that antifa people did instigate some of this is as likely the truth as the clansmen/nazi types did it too.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

a reply to: stelth2

The author of the article was actually there and saw everything go down. What you see on the news is merely snippets.

Did the author bring video?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Both sides had body armor and weapons.

Let me first say I nothing compares to the disgusting car attack, and that is TOTALLY on the guy from the nazis. No matter what else happened, that is on him and his vile ideology.

But show me other videos of the right wing people starting violence on Saturday.

I would truly like to see it.

If you like, I can post more of just how violent the left was being.

I don't think they were instigating a small amount of violence.

As for law enforcement; yes its fishy.

In fact, the ACLU claims that they were intentionally facilitating violence to have an excuse to shut down the right wing protestors.

So I agree we should question that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Here's an interesting piece of information. Granted, I wonder about it's accuracy, but it should be easy to disprove if indeed false. The organizer of the event, Jason Kessler, worked with the local police to understand their safety plan for the rally.
News Source: Jason Kessler, Charlottesville rally organizer, says he's in hiding

In preparation for last Saturday’s rally, he met repeatedly with Charlottesville police and was assigned a police liaison. He says she went over the city’s safety plan with him, let him see it, but would not let him photograph it. He said that the captain “let slip” that in preparation for the rally, the city and police “did not use government servers because they did not want to get FOIA’d” — referring to the Freedom of Information Act.

The plan included a specific entry point into the venue, to avoid the opposing protesters. But....

He said that police had given the white nationalists a specific entry way to the park. But that as they arrived at the park at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, the road to that entrance was blocked by police. The caravan of shuttle busses that the nationalists had rented had to detour to the opposite side of the park, where most of the Antifa demonstrators were positioned. That was the point at which tensions rose meteorically, he said. They had to pass through Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and other opponents at close range.

So, with the entry blocked by the police themselves, they were forced, by the police, to enter amongst the protesters. Yeah, let's just mix some chlorine with that ammonia. What could go wrong?

Sure sounds like someone wanted to create this situation on purpose.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The Guardian is fake news. reply to: Kryties

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Title is very misleading. You were not there. The person in the guardian article claims to have been.. Unless that person is you, which I highly doubt it is.

Keep pounding the drums of the race war you people seem to be so desperate for...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DonInHtown
The Guardian is fake news. reply to: Kryties

So say you?

Got some proof of this, or am I just supposed to take your "word" for it?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Wow this is frustrating. Here is part of his third presser, I will link the whole thing. You show me where he is saying to you that WS were good.

It took 3 pressers to make that point clear?

No wonder people were pissed.

Never is what you guys kept saying. Can't have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: introvert

It didn't take me 3 pressers to understand that. I knew from the start because I understood the issue and it's original reason. Many people did not, and perhaps let their political hatred cloud their view of the event? That, IMO, is why it required 2 pressers the explain to the ignorant what he meant the first time.

Full context is everything, and acknowledging that without the fog of politics allows you to see and understand more clearly.

Sheesh....

Deliberately pretending to not understand is what the left is doing and our good ATS friend here needs to get on with reality. There is something bigger than the left right. The death of that lady was hate groups saying hi and escalation of hostility because bullies and a holes can't walk away. Both sides had bullies an A holes, end of story. Death of this woman should help us get a grip on being AMERICANS and not extreme lunatics demanding lunacy.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

The guardian makes a living, post brexit, by trashing trump or trump supporters.

*heres a thought*

Go Protest away from the idiot Nazis.

Dont march towards people with clubs and Pepper spray...

But heck its your life.

edit on 18-8-2017 by ChrisM101 because: ,

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Both sides had bullies an A holes, end of story. Death of this woman should help us get a grip on being AMERICANS and not extreme lunatics demanding lunacy.

Nope, they didn't.

I've watched enough footage by now to call this thread a lost cause. When you think throwing a few little stones at people in full body armor, helmets and fcking shield walls equates beeing nearly beaten to death, you've simply lost it as well.

Perhaps the death of a women due to an act of terror from one side only could provide the pause you obviously need to really think this through.

#AmeriKKKanNightmare
edit on 18-8-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Both sides had body armor and weapons.

Did we watch the same clip? Dude, they nearly killed a resident in fcking boxer shorts.

But show me other videos of the right wing people starting violence on Saturday.

It's the same clip I saw, criminal douchebags beating a guy while on the ground. Remember?

If you like, I can post more of just how violent the left was being.

I've seen enough of this bs already, we're on page 27 now. And we obviously neither agree on the terms "violence", nor on the concept of "instigating violence". Watching more footage isn't going to bridge this analytical gap, but do what you will.

edit on 18-8-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Of course, as I have said the right side people were in the wrong in that clip too as far as over reacting.

But clearly the people on the left started all of it, and were just as violent.

I went through that clip second by second, I listed time stamps on everything that happened.

And all you said was "Nope your wrong"

How can anyone think you are credible when anyone with eyes can see the left side starting the violence in that clip.

If you think they were totally fine in this clip, then you are in a different reality.

Tell me even one spot on my explanation of that video, where I include the times, that I was wrong.

edit on 18-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: iTruthSeeker
The "left" attacked no-one at Charlottesville.

Your attempts to defend and excuse 'your side' are getting transparent.

Proverbs 17:14-16

14 Beginning a fight is like opening a floodgate;
Before the quarrel breaks out, take your leave.
15 Anyone who acquits the wicked one and anyone who condemns the righteous one
—Both of them are detestable to Jehovah.
16 What good is it that the stupid one has the means to acquire wisdom
When he has no heart for acquiring it?* [*: Or “When he is lacking good sense?”]

Stop making excuses for (acquitting) 'your side' please that can just as well be used for the other side (and is used and is also not true). Who needs to respond to Pennywise the Clown's useless statements and rhetoric anyway, apparently only those in MSM and politics+activism that are trying to increase their income (viewer ratings, attention, etc.) by telling people what they want to hear about him and his statements. And yes, the MSM for me includes The Alex Jones channel, Democracy Now, RT, TYT and the so-called "alternative media" to name a few examples what others might not view as MSM (all in it for the money and to sell an agenda to their target audience, their spin as they think it will be best received by their target audience, tickling their ears, demonstrating 2 Timothy 4:3,4, or spinning as their bosses and financiers tell them to via their editors).

I like the cop's remark in this video the day after around 3:00 (these people want the excitement, perhaps it makes them feel like they're part of something important or heroic, or just because they get a kick from all the excitement and attention):

I also kinda like the way the black guy at 8:31 in the video below encourages to follow the counsel at Proverbs 17:14 (2nd sentence), probably without realizing he's doing so (his language might need some work). Intuitive wisdom:

edit on 18-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Justoneman

Both sides had bullies an A holes, end of story. Death of this woman should help us get a grip on being AMERICANS and not extreme lunatics demanding lunacy.

Nope, they didn't.

I've watched enough footage by now to call this thread a lost cause. When you think throwing a few little stones at people in full body armor, helmets and fcking shield walls equates beeing nearly beaten to death, you've simply lost it as well.

Perhaps the death of a women due to an act of terror from one side only could provide the pause you obviously need to really think this through.

#AmeriKKKanNightmare

With all due respect, you are completely irrational with this statement.
First off it was not "throwing a few tiny little stones" It was soda cans filled with concrete and chunks of brick.
Second off, Not everyone on both sides had body armor.
Third, it does not matter what type of personal protective equipment someone is wearing, if you throw a chunk of brick at them that is the legal definition of an assault. If you doubt that then the next time the cops get suited up in their riot gear step out of the crowd, hurl a brick at them and see what happens.
To save you the cost of your defense I will tell you whats going to happen. You will get a beat down, you will be handcuffed and charged with criminal charges which could range from simply criminal mischief to assault and battery, or a host of other charges related to striking a police officer.
The fact that these people were not police officers does not remove the consequences of hurling rocks at them.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join