It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was in Charlottesville. Trump was wrong about violence on the left

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

Like you equate Antifa with Democrats, isn't that interesting.............

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

That's not the case according to the police chief. Thanks for the anecdote.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Do you mean all the peaceful non violent protectors with bats and clubs ? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The "left" attacked no-one at Charlottesville. First hand accounts prove that the Right instigated and continued the violence and that the "Left" merely defended itself.

Did you even read the article before responding?

by "the right" do you mean the skinheads and Nazis? The White supremacists? I need a little clarification form you on this.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
People on both sides are violent. No one can deny that.

It doesn't mean either side is inherently evil. Anyone who gets caught up in that belief is just wrong.

And that's why I stopped coming in here. ATS has become an alt right nursery.

If you can't see or understand that white men with torches on the US soil is worrying and if you see people opposing these views as the same, well there's the problem. Dialogue is impossible.

Nazi apologist.

edit on 17-8-2017 by Avicenne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I posted a response in Grambler's thread that not a single one of you butthurt SJWs responded to because you can't.

I would make a pretty safe bet that the reason you weren't replied to is directly related to the underlined part above. Treat people like that and what do you expect? If you treat others like human beings and be respectful you will get a lot further.

So, others inability to accept the truth leads people calling them names, rather than investigating for themselves, they should shut down? Their opinion must be right because he called someone butt hurt?

I'm confused by the point you're making. The truth isn't nice and in this case, it isn't respectful to the lefts cognitive dissonance either.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Avicenne

It doesn't mean either side is inherently evil. Anyone who gets caught up in that belief is just wrong.

If you can't see or understand that white men with torches on the US soil is worrying and if you view people opposing these views as the same, well there's the problem. Dialogue is impossible.

Nazi apologist.

I apologize for no one.

Was merely pointing out that no side has clean hands.

Funny to see how fast people turn on each other around here though.

link   
a reply to: notsure1

Do you mean all the fascist groups that had Guns

link   
a reply to: Avicenne

It really is veering in that direction. I go on /pol now just to see what the arguments will be here on ATS hours later.

+3 more 
link   
The horse is dead, why do you need to keep beating it?
Its time for all of us to denounce race hatred and violence, no matter who causes it.
Enough is enough...stop calling anyone here Nazi apologists and Nazi sympathizers.
I have not seen any evidence of anyone here taking the Nazi's side.
Goddamn it...it's really getting old seeing this sh!t.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So what you are saying is the left should just let the white supremacists do whatever they want?

I think thats the crux of what most people on the "Right" are trying to say.

"We can do what we want and don't the "Left" DARE to try and stop us otherwise we will inflict violence on them and then blame them for it".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
The horse is dead, why do you need to keep beating it?

I don't know, why do you lot keep harping on about "Hillary"? Dead horse, and all that.

edit on 17/8/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

If you can't see or understand that white men with torches on the US soil is worrying and if you view people opposing these views as the same, well there's the problem. Dialogue is impossible.

Nazi apologist.

Wow just wow. All he said is both sides are violent and bam hes a NAzi. You guys are seriously delusional.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Nazi apologist.

Wow just wow. All he said is both sides are violent and bam hes a NAzi. You guys are seriously delusional.

Thanks. It's extremely funny how warped some people are now.

Lucky I have no stake in it either way, and really don't care.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Do you mean all the fascist groups that had Guns

No I mean the left.

link   

originally posted by: QUANTUMGR4V17Y

I posted a response in Grambler's thread that not a single one of you butthurt SJWs responded to because you can't.

I would make a pretty safe bet that the reason you weren't replied to is directly related to the underlined part above. Treat people like that and what do you expect? If you treat others like human beings and be respectful you will get a lot further.

So, others inability to accept the truth leads people calling them names, rather than investigating for themselves, they should shut down? Their opinion must be right because he called someone butt hurt?

I'm confused by the point you're making. The truth isn't nice and in this case, it isn't respectful to the lefts cognitive dissonance either.

Mate the point really isn't that hard to get.

That poster was complaining that nobody had replied to him, and called those people "butthurt SJW's" and I simply pointed out that when you treat someone rudely they will not want to respond to you.

Why is this so difficult to understand? Parents teach their kids this when they are toddlers. I cannot believe I just had to explain that.

link   

He didnt call him a nazi. he said nazi apologist. slight difference.

I really think the thoughts playing here are:

WE FOUGHT A WAR AGAINST NAZIS. Anitfa didnt exist then. Nazis have more history against the U.S thus people see nazis as the immediate danger.

Grambler had an excellent point last night on another thread. While that thinking above may e true. there is something to be said about an unchecked group that has basically the support of all MSM. Its a different threat if you ask me. But I think some folks just wont accept that the two are in any way equal.
edit on 17-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   

I posted a video of the police chief stating that both sides were involved which completely destroys your narrative. Of course, all you can do is cry that I said "butthurt". It is being butthurt because the facts simply don't support the agenda that is being pushed.

Both sides had idiots. Both sides are responsible. Unfortunately, the rednecks were able to score a touch down with the death of that girl and now Antifa, etc wants to play like the weren't involved. Had the situation been reversed and one of the nazi white nationalist got killed, you guys would be all over the forum trying to justify it due to their beliefs.

Let us not forget at the beginning of the year, you libs were having a great time with the meme "Is it ok to punch a Nazi?" Here is the article in NY Times talking about it... Richard Spencer, some alt-right/white nationalist guy was punched unprovoked while giving an interview and it was recorded.

Is it ok to punch a Nazi - New York Times

There was no outcry of unnecessary violence. Just memes and Obama's speechwriter, Jon Faverau praising it on twitter.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The way I see it is similar to what another member posted.

The first night the WS's and Neo-Nazis instigated the violence.

The next night, many people with the anarchists and Antifa came prepared to defend themselves. And they got their chance to do so. They knew what was going to happen.

I'm not surprised the two groups got in to a punch-up. It's happened before and it will happen again. Sometimes people just feel the need to crack some skulls for a cause. What crossed the line was the man mowing people down with his car.

That should not happen again.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Prove it's real...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join