It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Trump Says, Is Washington Next ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
He has a point, that slippery slope has no boundaries for the Alt-left

First they came for the confederate flags and I did not speak out. Then they came for the statues and I did not speak out. Then they came for the founding fathers and I did not speak out. Then they came for the Constitution and I did not speak out. Then they came for me and I did not speak out because I did not have the freedom of speech and the freedom to bear arms.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It's sad that a poem that was written to combat and stand up against fascism is being repurposed to defend fascism.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They are not going to be able to take away the constitution or any of the rights we have.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
They are not going to be able to take away the constitution or any of the rights we have.

Lol so instead they just ignore certain parts.. Same difference.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Lol so instead they just ignore certain parts.. Same difference.

They can ignore it all they want. You still have those rights and the ability to address any violations of those rights in the court of law.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Already done.

The rights of Americans were taken away with the Patriot Act, that allowed the arrest and detention of any citizen without cause nor trial, and the right to ship them off to Gitmo to sit in detention in perpetuity.

All the government has to do, to accomplish this,

is "label" the citizen an "enemy combatant" or "terrorist".

Whatever those two terms mean, is a mystery.

edit on 17-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's sad that a poem that was written to combat and stand up against fascism is being repurposed to defend fascism.

Somebody on another thread used a holocaust survivor's poem about fascism ("first they came for...") to defend white nationalists.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
while in power the nazi party spent the first few years wrangling out any detractors, labelled them communist and said they would bring the country down unless they drove them out.
they got the reichstag fire and took total control of the country (wasn't there a thread flaunting that idea the other day?), funny how history keeps repeating itself.

a country filled with only strawberry blondes and tanorexics, not sure what the eye colour will be.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Imagine being so spooked statues cause emotional harm, and you define you liberation by a piece of paper

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
He has a point, that slippery slope has no boundaries for the Alt-left

First they came for the confederate flags and I did not speak out. Then they came for the statues and I did not speak out. Then they came for the founding fathers and I did not speak out. Then they came for the Constitution and I did not speak out. Then they came for me and I did not speak out because I did not have the freedom of speech and the freedom to bear arms.

I think it started with the removing of the crosses and moved to the deterioration of parental right.

If we didn't fight for our religious beliefs and our children, the rest is a slam dunk.

edit on 17-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Fixed formatting.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It's been used to defend free speech and free expression.

It is truly fascinating to see the people who do not value it.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's sad is all the people running around trying to act like Brad Pit in Inglorious Bastards. Try to git dem nazis.

It was just a effing movie.

There is no difference between the anti fascists and 'fascists' at this point.

Breeding hatred,resentment,intolerance.

Rinsed, and repeated.

Straight up.

The antifascists are the new terrorist arm of the party of the donkey.

Just like the KKK and BLM and Occupy.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

It's as silly as being spooked by a Starbucks window.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Already done.

The rights of Americans were taken away with the Patriot Act, that allowed the arrest and detention of any citizen without cause nor trial, and the right to ship them off to Gitmo to sit in detention in perpetuity.

All the government has to do, to accomplish this,

is "label" the citizen an "enemy combatant" or "terrorist".

Whatever those two terms mean, is a mystery.

I believe only one American has ever been held at gitmo. He was captured in the Middle East and they did not know he was American.

While it is true that indefinitate detention is part of the NDAA, it has never been used and would not stand in court.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Lol, the bill of rights is eroded beyond repair.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
All a far left liberal has to do is label one a "fascist" or a "racist" and suddenly you're not allowed to speak freely or protest.

Trump is correct. Is Washington next?

Once the far left people like BLM or Antifa decide you don't have the right to speak or the right to peacefully address a grievance, because THEY have slapped the fascist or racist label on you, those lefties are then allowed to perpetrate their violence, break windows, physically attack people, crack heads with bicycle locks, set fire to property, and break out car windows, etc.

......and what happens? Nothing. The police are told to stand down.

Whoever is behind the far left movements that are working hard to destroy our freedoms through Dem-wit politicians and liberal university administrations, are being egged on by main stream media mouthpieces.

Be Careful Who You Vote For.
edit on 17-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Anyone else notice that ALL this 'nazi' crap began way back during the presidential election, and having LOST because it didn't work then, sure doesn't work now.

What's been going on is nothing more that Godwin's law playing non stop in the lame stream media 24/7.

Common sense has been eroded beyond all repair.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

All a far left liberal has to do is label one a "fascist" or a "racist" and suddenly you're not allowed to speak freely or protest.

That's ridiculous. Even fascists and racists have the right to speak and protest.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's been used to defend free speech and free expression.

It is truly fascinating to see the people who do not value it.

Bs it's written to protect humans. Using it and perverting it like that shows you value things and ideas more than human lifes. Killing and hurting for memes is wrong. But it's what the deluded right does and always did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join