It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another aspect to the 'riots' not mentioned?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There paying people 25 dollars an hour to protest. They had it listed on craigslist.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 17-8-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical1972
There paying people 25 dollars an hour to protest. They had it listed on craigslist.

www.facebook.com...

Do you recall in which city it was going to be in?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I think all big cities are run by Democrats.
As well as city council and the chief of police in said city.
Goes to show just how much social welfare programs have been successful in installing Democratic leadership.
The more rural you get the more the reverse is true.
The wall we are hitting is urban vs rural and the ethics each carries.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Charlotte, North Carolina.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Charlotte, North Carolina.

Anyone know the political clime is like in Charlotte? The mayor? Chief of Police?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

IDK, you would have to ask the person that posted that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I think all big cities are run by Democrats.
As well as city council and the chief of police in said city.
Goes to show just how much social welfare programs have been successful in installing Democratic leadership.
The more rural you get the more the reverse is true.
The wall we are hitting is urban vs rural and the ethics each carries.

This may be a stretch, but those cities that have declared themselves as sanctuary cities would likely top the list of preferred targets...just a thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical1972

apologies. DK how that happened.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

"This isn't Trump doing whatsoever, It is to take Trump out."

No, it is far bigger than that.

The full picture is that somebody wants riots in all of major cities to start the second American civil war in order to continue Obama's dismantling. Those people are not true fight-in-the-streets warriors but that is what they need to get their civil war going. Right now they are hiring people to be their mercenaries. As the band plays on, the blacks will be drawn into the fracas--virtually across the board--and also a very large portion of the Hispanics many of which are familiar with violence and not situated in a comfortable American middle-class life style.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

"This isn't Trump doing whatsoever, It is to take Trump out."

No, it is far bigger than that.

The full picture is that somebody wants riots in all of major cities to start the second American civil war in order to continue Obama's dismantling. Those people are not true fight-in-the-streets warriors but that is what they need to get their civil war going. Right now they are hiring people to be their mercenaries. As the band plays on, the blacks will be drawn into the fracas--virtually across the board--and also a very large portion of the Hispanics many of which are familiar with violence and not situated in a comfortable American middle-class life style.

A personal friend of mine cited Mao's cultural revolution and the repeated process in the U.S. by Obama.

My rebut is the Chinese citizenry didn't have between 300 and 330 million weapons and estimated of 3 trillion rounds of ammunition.

A far different result likely would ensue.
edit on 17-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
After how long and how much damage??? How much travail? As the OP suggests, the M.O. has been tweaked, apparently.

heya, they rolled full on militarized police into ferguson BEFORE anything happened, and aggravated an already touchy situation. nearly all of the protesting, nearly every day, was completely peaceful. and the community as a whole was stricken and grieving and angry, justifiably so.

it amazes me the lengths people go to trying to see a conspiracy so they can avoid acknowledging how #ed up reality actually is.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

After how long and how much damage??? How much travail? As the OP suggests, the M.O. has been tweaked, apparently.

heya, they rolled full on militarized police into ferguson BEFORE anything happened, and aggravated an already touchy situation. nearly all of the protesting, nearly every day, was completely peaceful. and the community as a whole was stricken and grieving and angry, justifiably so.

it amazes me the lengths people go to trying to see a conspiracy so they can avoid acknowledging how #ed up reality actually is.

What you leave out is the rioting DID occur. You can blame the so-called federal presence all you want- how did the 'Obama' Feds know in advance the events that were to unfold(?)- yet it remains Obama did use the event to claim racial bias by the local police and enforce federal control on that basis. Not only Ferguson but other cities as well. Then there's the Soros' paid arrivals. Likely they initiated the festivities and NOT the locals.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

The "right" is taking appropriate action by showing up with open carry weapons, shields , nazi chants and...

Appropriate action by preparing for what will happen if one is going to root out a bit of trouble by conspicuously being armed and dressed in riot gear like storm troopers, babbling "blood and soil" just like the nazis did before WW2, cursing Jews openly on the streets with chants like "jews will not replace us"...

Nah, they weren't looking for conflict at all...

As I said there will be some so inclined. YOU omit that the police allowed this to reach that point. Likely based on 'policy'. That is the point of the thread, in part.

Actually, the 'right' isn't even applicable. It is a 'result' of the failure to enforce law.

aww...cut the crap...this was the neo-nazi's fault, period.....do you have eyes and ears?....just like trump blaming everybody else but himself, and you fit right in.....what, now the neo-nazi's need the police to hold them back from committing violence?......all I've seen on ATS from the right are apologists and excuse makers.....and the old "WHATABOUT-ISM"....classic propaganda tactic.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

What you leave out is the rioting DID occur. You can blame the so-called federal presence all you want- how did the 'Obama' Feds know in advance the events that were to unfold(?)- yet it remains Obama did use the event to claim racial bias by the local police and enforce federal control on that basis. Not only Ferguson but other cities as well. Then there's the Soros' paid arrivals. Likely they initiated the festivities and NOT the locals.

the federal government was not involved in the initial rollout of heavily militarized local police. that was a local decision, and a poor one that agitated the situation. once the decisions were in federal hands they ramped down the militarized presence, and things were less agitated.

there is a well-documented history of racially biased enforcement in the area, in ferguson and other areas of st louis.

yes, a couple of buildings burned and some were looted. on a couple nights. vs. weeks and weeks of hundreds of peaceful protestors peacefully protesting, because there was legitimately something going on to protest.

i don't even know how to respond when you guys are like SOROS ORCHESTRATED IT ALL WITH HIS MONEY. it's just dumb as hell. everyone i've ever met at any kind of protest like that was there because they had passionate feelings about what was going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Further, any so-called 'Federalizing' in Ferguson occurred under the Obama administration, well after the damage was done and used that damage to Federalize local police forces and restrict even further those local police from responding to those 'demonstrations' in the future.

Yah right. WACO, MOVE, SLA, Black Panthers, Ruby Ridge, all federal actions and, except for Ruby Ridge, all burned to the ground.

Hideous_Raging_infernos.

Chicago, Kent State, Watts, Freddie Grey and Trayvon Martin too. I'll leave out the entire anti vietnam, anti establishment, anti corruption, pro civil rights protest era of the 60s...

How far you want to go back? There are Native American demonstrations and protests (Dakota Pipeline being the most recent), Union protests, teacher, fire, and nursing strikes...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

The "right" is taking appropriate action by showing up with open carry weapons, shields , nazi chants and...

Appropriate action by preparing for what will happen if one is going to root out a bit of trouble by conspicuously being armed and dressed in riot gear like storm troopers, babbling "blood and soil" just like the nazis did before WW2, cursing Jews openly on the streets with chants like "jews will not replace us"...

Nah, they weren't looking for conflict at all...

As I said there will be some so inclined. YOU omit that the police allowed this to reach that point. Likely based on 'policy'. That is the point of the thread, in part.

Actually, the 'right' isn't even applicable. It is a 'result' of the failure to enforce law.

aww...cut the crap...this was the neo-nazi's fault, period.....do you have eyes and ears?....just like trump blaming everybody else but himself, and you fit right in.....what, now the neo-nazi's need the police to hold them back from committing violence?......all I've seen on ATS from the right are apologists and excuse makers.....and the old "WHATABOUT-ISM"....classic propaganda tactic.

We shall have to agree to disagree. At least for now.....

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Further, any so-called 'Federalizing' in Ferguson occurred under the Obama administration, well after the damage was done and used that damage to Federalize local police forces and restrict even further those local police from responding to those 'demonstrations' in the future.

Yah right. WACO, MOVE, SLA, Black Panthers, Ruby Ridge, all federal actions and, except for Ruby Ridge, all burned to the ground.

Hideous_Raging_infernos.

Chicago, Kent State, Watts, Freddie Grey and Trayvon Martin too. I'll leave out the entire anti vietnam, anti establishment, anti corruption, pro civil rights protest era of the 60s...

How far you want to go back? There are Native American demonstrations and protests (Dakota Pipeline being the most recent), Union protests, teacher, fire, and nursing strikes...

Yep. Let's see, the feds in this arena have done what?? NADA. Having said that, Is there a potential risk in the Feds moving in say with a regional martial law that gets out of hand ? Yep. That risk exists. Should that 'possibility' cause some paralysis and allow the continuance and increase of these events? I say no.

On the other hand, if the cities allow themselves to be sacrificed to some agenda to reshape the U.S., I suppose those in the rural areas can well survive without them.

Perhaps just end Federal Gov't altogether and let each State decide it's own course.

Lot's of scenarios possible. The one thing you can bank on, it's NOT going to stay where it is now.
edit on 17-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

the federal government was not involved in the initial rollout of heavily militarized local police. that was a local decision, and a poor one that agitated the situation. once the decisions were in federal hands they ramped down the militarized presence, and things were less agitated.

there is a well-documented history of racially biased enforcement in the area, in ferguson and other areas of st louis.

yes, a couple of buildings burned and some were looted. on a couple nights. vs. weeks and weeks of hundreds of peaceful protestors peacefully protesting, because there was legitimately something going on to protest.

i don't even know how to respond when you guys are like SOROS ORCHESTRATED IT ALL WITH HIS MONEY. it's just dumb as hell. everyone i've ever met at any kind of protest like that was there because they had passionate feelings about what was going on.

I, for one, don't buy your explanation one bit. Every single riot expanded solely due to inaction by the local Police. You say the feds were there from the get go. They did nothing to curtail the riot. Appeasement. Pure and simple. Too much evidence on Soros to buy your level of denial.

Seems like you send more than the average amount of time at protests to claim knowledge of those involved. At no point do you acknowledge personal responsibility in these actions and imply no vested interests whatsoever.

On that basis, alone, you lose all credibility with me.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Perhaps just end Federal Gov't altogether and let each State decide it's own course.

Exactly.

When governors cry havoc and call in the feds, they really just want the money that goes along with it, which the Fed is happy to grant, to get even more control over states rights. Sometimees this is called disaster relief, or Emergency Funds, or whatever. Really its Yards of Cash in the states coffers, defacto bribes to let the Fed free hand abuse the citizens rights. Post Katrina was one such episode.
edit on 17-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I, for one, don't buy your explanation one bit. Every single riot expanded solely due to inaction by the local Police. You say the feds were there from the get go. They did nothing to curtail the riot. Appeasement. Pure and simple. Too much evidence on Soros to buy your level of denial.

Seems like you send more than the average amount of time at protests to claim knowledge of those involved. At no point do you acknowledge personal responsibility in these actions and imply no vested interests whatsoever.

On that basis, alone, you lose all credibility with me.

i did not say the feds were there from the get-go. i explicitly said they were NOT and that the initial roll-out of militarized local police was a local decision. please reread my post if you are still confused on that point.

you do not have any evidence on soros to the degree that you and people like you seem to see his hand in every single protest you don't like the tone of. you do not need to know what my level of personal involvement is or was to discuss basic facts, many of which you have wrong.

i am not sure i'm sad about losing credibility with someone who is basically just ranting unverified nonsense. nonetheless, you are wrong and i'm here, as someone with knowledge of the facts in question, to call that out.

you do not know what the 'average amount of time for a person to spend at a protest' even is

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join