It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests — but many don't like their results

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There's a lot of issues with this. This kind of observational study is purely anecdotal because they have no way to verify the comments being posted. It's not really even a study at all. For all we know there's a bunch of paid actors posting on that website (probably not but you get my point).

Also, I'm pretty familiar with these tests. They are not full genomes - not even close. No company would do that for $99. Also, they have an active interest in connecting people through their service for genealogy purposes. Is there a political angle? I've often wondered this too, but have no evidence either way.

It all looks really ignorant to me from both sides.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I've got to be honest, this is rather disingenuous. Years ago, when they began testing, they were expecting white Americans to have an significant rate of admixture of African and Native American, and well, this didn't happen.

With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American.

Link

And amounts that small are probably due to the "dandelion effect" and/or real statistical noise. White Americans tended to keep to white Americans. They tried to keep those European blood lines, purely European, because of those biblical justifications for slavery of Africans and the resulting "one drop" rule.

Also, I am rather skeptical of Craig Cobb's result. I'm not sure what test that they used. I can show you a DNA test that I took that has me at about 50% European and the rest is a mix of African, East Asian, West Asian, and "American Indian" as they called it.

Now, I do have those things in my DNA and at a higher prevalence than most who identify as white, but this test grabbed onto that and skewed my results. I'm mixed but not that mixed. I do have a high percentage of Mediterranean and Iberian DNA and I suspect it grabbed onto some markers there and further skewed those results. Southern European heritage can get... a little weird. But I digress.

No. Most white Americans absolutely DO NOT have any African or Native American or... any other admixture but European.
edit on 17-8-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: watchitburn

And why is this in cryptozoology?

Nazi's are kind of creepy and elusive.

Makes sense to me.

Creepy? Yes.

Elusive? Not according to certain posters here that say most members here are Nazis. Not elusive according to the press that claim the POTUS and the majority of his cabinet are Nazis.... even though his son-in-law and daughter are Jews.

Don't over analyze a joke.

Since it was a joke, you must not find Nazis to be creepy.
This makes you a Nazi sympathizer.

Keep your eyes peeled, there are people out there that will want to stab you for that.

Well that escalated quickly.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Having relations that are non white or a different background, is no guarantee that one cannot be a racist/anti Semite, many ppl especially in the south are linked to AAs, some of them KKK members, and even one of the sons of Luis Farrakhan is married to a white female..
Point is racism is far far from logical.
Oh forgot to add Herr Hitler's ancestors connects him to African and Jews, article from some time back.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I suppose some people just imagine that they are proper, 8th generation Aryan poster boy material. Everyone wants to be special, and the sad fact is, we are all special in ways that aren't necessarily the ones we wanted to be.

Actually genome testing reveals that every single person is one of a kind. In all the Universe, singularly unique.

How special is that?

Don't let it go to your head, everyone else is just as special.

The ones that think they are above everyone else have been programmed by propaganda. In Nazi Germany it was the "Superman". In the uS, it is well... Superman.

People miss that connection, how we are programmed to think we are better than, its in our terminology. We have democracy, other nations are third world, 'Backwards' Primiitive.

The evolutionists foster that, so does main stream churchianity. Our beliefs are the best our god is the one true god.

Lulz.

Onward Christian Soldiers. Save us SuperMa n !

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Makes sense to me.

Creepy? Yes.

Elusive? Not according to certain posters here that say most members here are Nazis. Not elusive according to the press that claim the POTUS and the majority of his cabinet are Nazis.... even though his son-in-law and daughter are Jews.

Keep your eyes peeled, there are people out there that will want to stab you for that.

Just look at what happened in Charlotte.
We are living in scary times.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Absolutely right.

But the typical racist Nazi would not give a Jew an office in the White House if they were to become President.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Haha...eff these guys. I hope that each and every one of them discovers that they're 1/4 Jewish and 1/4 African. Sadly, that's the most 'solid burn' that I think these guys can ever get.

As an aside, I have just been introduced to the word "winnowed."

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I really don't understand the issue with race, colour, or biological history.

The only thing I can think of, when it comes to why anyone gives a damn, is due to how they're raised, or what environment they are raised in.

I made a topic not too long ago about taking one of these DNA tests because I'm adopted and really have no idea where I come from.

Visually, I'm super white, but I think it would be awesome if I had a percentage of African or oriental, or ANYTHING else, just because being all one thing makes for a boring history

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: SprocketUK

I suppose some people just imagine that they are proper, 8th generation Aryan poster boy material. Everyone wants to be special, and the sad fact is, we are all special in ways that aren't necessarily the ones we wanted to be.

Actually genome testing reveals that every single person is one of a kind. In all the Universe, singularly unique.

How special is that?

Don't let it go to your head, everyone else is just as special.

The ones that think they are above everyone else have been programmed by propaganda. In Nazi Germany it was the "Superman". In the uS, it is well... Superman.

People miss that connection, how we are programmed to think we are better than, its in our terminology. We have democracy, other nations are third world, 'Backwards' Primiitive.

The evolutionists foster that, so does main stream churchianity. Our beliefs are the best our god is the one true god.

Lulz.

Onward Christian Soldiers. Save us SuperMa n !

Quite, and you can also see that same thought process in action when someone who is special because they are on the side of the angels, lets hate twist up their entire existence until they are the mirror of that they say they oppose (Antifa types, for those who couldn't follow).

Anyway, I doubt very much that these ancestry tests are much good, they are, as someone else said, probably going to be skewed to make as much money for the company in subscriptions and things as possible and really only tell you what meat you are made of, nothing about what your ancestors did.
I would never have known that one of my great grandfathers met Buffalo Bill and sold him a load of horses for one of his shows from a dna test

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Makes sense to me.

Creepy? Yes.

Just look at what happened in Charlotte.
We are living in scary times.

Cheers to that, friend!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
What is even better is when the liberal left elitists Hollywood types spout off on the topic. Case in point Chelsea Handler... Ranted and raved about white supremacist and Nazis only to find out her Grandfather was an actual Nazi.

I'm not following your logic. So her grandfather being a Nazi means she can't be anti-Nazi?

Sorry, what is the point you are trying to make?

Oh, and btw, being anti-Nazi doesn't make you a "leftist", if makes you a normal human being.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

Absolutely right.

But the typical racist Nazi would not give a Jew an office in the White House if they were to become President.

Eh, even Hitler had a Jewish childhood doctor he designated as a "Edeljude" (noble Jew) that he protected. If you're looking for logical consistency, Nazism isn't the place to find it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
Over rated, if one is just mixed without cultural context or connection.
There is a high probability that you do have multiple ancestries, but what does that matter if one have no idea of the culture connected to those ancestors.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

What is even better is when the liberal left elitists Hollywood types spout off on the topic. Case in point Chelsea Handler... Ranted and raved about white supremacist and Nazis only to find out her Grandfather was an actual Nazi.

My great-grandfather was a Nazi as well. Does that mean I cannot denounce Nazis?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I've got to be honest, this is rather disingenuous. Years ago, when they began testing, they were expecting white Americans to have an significant rate of admixture of African and Native American, and well, this didn't happen.

With respect to European Americans, the percentages are much more different than African Americans or Latinos, with European American genomes being 98.6 percent European, 0.19 percent African and 0.18 percent Native American.

Link

And amounts that small are probably due to the "dandelion effect" and/or real statistical noise. White Americans tended to keep to white Americans. They tried to keep those European blood lines, purely European, because of those biblical justifications for slavery of Africans and the resulting "one drop" rule.

Also, I am rather skeptical of Craig Cobb's result. I'm not sure what test that they used. I can show you a DNA test that I took that has me at about 50% European and the rest is a mix of African, East Asian, West Asian, and "American Indian" as they called it.

Now, I do have those things in my DNA and at a higher prevalence than most who identify as white, but this test grabbed onto that and skewed my results. I'm mixed but not that mixed. I do have a high percentage of Mediterranean and Iberian DNA and I suspect it grabbed onto some markers there and further skewed those results. Southern European heritage can get... a little weird. But I digress.

No. Most white Americans absolutely DO NOT have any African or Native American or... any other admixture but European.

I would think that tests nowadays are more accurate than when they first started testing per your information source

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Are these people discovering that they share 98% of their genome with chimpanzees and not Hans Obergruppenführer?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

My great-grandfather was a Nazi as well. Does that mean I cannot denounce Nazis?

Like I have always maintained, the sins of the fathers should not be visited on the sons..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don't need a dna test to tell me I'm a mutt.

Most people are.

In the year 2017 there are very few pure bloods.

Which makes this whole 'white supremacist' ( a catch all phrase for anyone not black) idiotic.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: redhorse

Link

I would think that tests nowadays are more accurate than when they first started testing per your information source

The study was done in 2014.

Listen, I would like to be able to stick it to these white supremacists too. It would be hilarious, and well deserved, but the fact is, most of them are exactly what they think that they are.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join