It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard and the Eclipse, Is there more to it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: ketsuko

No one is planning any of that for an eclipse.
Maybe for crazy crowds??
That seems more likely given current events.

You want big government, you got big government.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Tekaran

Yah, how paranoid are the ruling class these days? They're afraid of everything, hand wringers behind iron gates, machine guns, guards and a whole army.

You think they militarized America's civil authority to keep us safe? The army is to protect them from, we the people.

Yet if no support was planned and something did happen all the "awakened minds" would be screaming that the Govt let it happen by not planning for anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i'd be more concerned if the government wasn't anticipating possible problems from the massive influx of people.

also i'm really glad i don't live near the totality zone... i'll watch that ish online while the rest of you are stuck in traffic

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

They're talking about 600,000 people travelling to Wyoming alone to see totality. They're banning oversize truck loads starting tomorrow until Tuesday in Nebraska and Wyoming. Colorado is setting up emergency stations along I-25 and bringing in helicopters to prepare for accidents, since there aren't many hospitals in that area. They're expecting as many as 400,000 people if even some of those in Wyoming come down into Colorado, as well as people going up to Wyoming.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What wrong with staying home and watching it on the internet ?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, how paranoid are the ruling class these days? They're afraid of everything, hand wringers behind iron gates, machine guns, guards and a whole army.

You think they militarized America's civil authority to keep us safe? The army is to protect them from, we the people.

Yet if no support was planned and something did happen all the "awakened minds" would be screaming that the Govt let it happen by not planning for anything.

If and what if and then what, is all more excuses for more police presence, i.e., more police state.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Meh, i dont see much wrong with preparing for what ifs due to massive crowds moving about. That said, itll be the perfect time for pretty much anything to go down worldwide as a great deal of the US populace will be distracted and possibly without cell service even.

Yes I am salty about the whole thing. I was going to drive 4 hours to be in the path of totality and get a room in Georgia - but alas, it comes on the first day of Kindergarten for my son and first day back to college for me as well. Otherwise - id have us both skip a day, but not the first day back lol especially of kindergarten ffs...

I just hope the elementary school lets the kids out for a moment to view the eclipse. Lord knows ill be dipping out of class for it a time or two.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join