It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's ex-wife once said Trump kept a book of Hitler's speeches by his bed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: clay2 baraka

To be accurate he's said words to the effect that he's never read a book in his adult life. I'll see if I can find the quote which is probably a tweet. What could a book ever teach him?

About a decade ago it was rumored that Trump would place a book under his pillow while sleeping and "absorb" the information. Edgar Cayce was a big influence in his life. As you know, Trump predicted he would be president.

He now cushions his head with a laptop computer and devours the internet.

edit on 17-8-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

So these guys chanting "Jews will not replace us!" We are calling them "left wing" now?.

How convenient..

I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention, where some liberal campuses have repeatedly attacked Jews and Israel. Just Google it, you will find dozens, if not hundreds of stories about it. If you want to make false claims, and put false words in my mouth, I will not play along.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Awwww, you took down the video that debunks what your talking about? That was a good bit of hilarity!

Here is what you originally posted.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”

“I don’t remember,” I said.

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,” Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m not Jewish.”)

Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”

Source

The fact that he mistakens the book of Hitler's speeches with Mein Kemp perhaps illustrates he was telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

So these guys chanting "Jews will not replace us!" We are calling them "left wing" now?.

How convenient..

I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention, where some liberal campuses have repeatedly attacked Jews and Israel. Just Google it, you will find dozens, if not hundreds of stories about it. If you want to make false claims, and put false words in my mouth, I will not play along.

You were misleading through omission, thus skewing the narrative away from the subject of Nazis/Neo-Nazis.. I just called you out on your deliberate omission.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I think these groups have hitched themselves to the Trump bandwagon rather than him being a representative for their beliefs. He hasn't cut himself off from them because he's possibly vain or worried about trimming his base. After all, he's still in election mode and doesn't want to risk his numbers. Right now the Dems have zero chance of being re-elected so I reckon he can afford to definitively reject them.

Funnily enough, I was reading some Nazi group's twitter feed last year and they hated him as a 'Jew lover.' In that sense either side's usefulness to each other could be purely business.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

How convenient..

You were misleading through omission, thus skewing the narrative away from the subject of Nazis/Neo-Nazis.. I just called you out on your deliberate omission.

It wasn't some intentional omission, of course there are people on the right who dislike Jews. My point was that it isn't simply "alt-right" who are Jew-haters, and that Hitler had a lot of rhetoric that was very in line with some modern day leftism, Zionist-hating included. Do you deny that many leftists are Zionist-haters, as Hitler was?
edit on 17-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

To be accurate he's said words to the effect that he's never read a book in his adult life. I'll see if I can find the quote which is probably a tweet. What could a book ever teach him?

About a decade ago it was rumored that Trump would place a book under his pillow while sleeping and "absorbs" the information. Edgar Cayce was a big influence in his life. As you know, Trump predicted he would be president.

He now cushions his head with a laptop computer and devours the internet.

'The Osmosis Factor for Winners' will be the title of his next book!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I respect your point of view on this, (I really do).. But I think you are wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
MY ex will EASILY testify I probably will murder her ..the silly thing..she saw us assault in training in air recon Korea.
I don't like such things without reasons.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I agree there are elements on the left that are not fond of Zionism (Zionism does not equate to Jews as a race, it is a political movement)..

I have not seen anyone on the far left calling for the removal of the Jews, like I have seen coming from the far right..

Hitler was anti Jew, not anti Zionist.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Honestly.. what?..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Kandinsky

I respect your point of view on this, (I really do).. But I think you are wrong.

Any of us can be wrong. It's cool and I respect your point of view too.

Let's keep open minds and see where it goes.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I don't agree on this point. Hitler was anti-Zionist, whom he felt had cost Germany greatly. In his misguided view, he took his anti-Zionism out on all Jews, as a way to cripple Zionism. That's why he got help from Muslim nations, before Israel was established.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

She thought I was too dangerous and is afraid of me.
ANYONE can be afraid.
it's not exactly world changing for EXs to lie as well now is it?.
edit on 17-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

She thought I was too dangerous and is afraid of me.
ANYONE can be afraid .
it's not exactly world changing.

Okay.. fair.. that sucks.

I see your point about his ex. True, it is her word against his.. He's done a lot to make some people wonder if her side of the story is correct..

edit on 8/17/2017 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/17/2017 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I don't agree on this point. Hitler was anti-Zionist, whom he felt had cost Germany greatly. In his misguided view, he took his anti-Zionism out on all Jews, as a way to cripple Zionism. That's why he got help from Muslim nations, before Israel was established.

Is it worth splitting hairs over? It's more straightforward to say he hated Jews. The evidence of his beliefs are there in the historical record with the number of children and non-bankers finding summary deaths.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Ah yes, the political felating of how one side's alleged antisemitism is less egregious than the other side's alleged antisemitism because: semantics.

Look, I'm well read on Nazi Germany. The topic has always been fascinating to me. I've especially been amazed at reading how, ultimately, Hitler's fall was due to him believing his own hype over the advice of his generals. I personally believe anyone who wants to be an effective leader would greatly benefit from studying leaders of the past, particularly what they did wrong, mistakes they made, and the personal idiosyncrasies that lead them to those failures. Learning from the mistakes of others is admirable in leadership, maybe more so than learning from their successes.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Is it worth splitting hairs over? It's more straightforward to say he hated Jews. The evidence of his beliefs are there in the historical record with the number of children and non-bankers finding summary deaths.

I'm just saying, why did he hate Jews? Is it because they believed in the Old Testament? No. It's because he hated Zionism, and how he felt it had cost Germany. Is it worth splitting hairs over? I think yes, understanding one of the most important historical times in human history is worth debating and understanding.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

It's a chicken and egg thing. Did he hate the Jews and it was expressed in the way he chose to believe the 'Elders' conspiracy? Or did he hate the Jewish banking classes and projected it across all Jewish people? The result was the same though the spur was unclear.

Do you see what I mean? Sometimes our inner, long-held prejudices can find a voice when the opportunity presents. Sometimes they're created in the moment due to an experience that strikes a nerve.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join