It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building People???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Im onky 13 so dont start flaming if my idea is wrong. i was watching a show on nanotechnology a week or so ago and part of it showed manuevering idividual atoms. If you could do this then would it be possible to build people( Although it would take very long). COuldn't yyyou build people skin and other organs from the individual atoms we are made of???

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think you could clone a human from one cell the only problem being we dont have the means yet.
Weather or not humans should be cloned is a another issue which we will have to face up to sooner then later.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Id rather make people the old fasioned way.

Maybe if the nanos were to direct the cells them maybe its possible.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Anything and everything is possible but only some things are probable.

Sure it is possible to build humans from scratch, but why would we? We already got about 6 billion to feed and more on the way every second.

Surf

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
Im onky 13 so dont start flaming if my idea is wrong. i was watching a show on nanotechnology a week or so ago and part of it showed manuevering idividual atoms. If you could do this then would it be possible to build people( Although it would take very long). COuldn't yyyou build people skin and other organs from the individual atoms we are made of???

It would take far too long. A 150 lb person has about7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in their body.

There are 86,400 seconds in a day: www.google.com...

If you could move (and join properly... lots of very specific joinings) every single atom at a rate of one per second, it would take you a billion times longer than the universe has been in existance (14 billion years or so) to make a single human being.

top topics

join