It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology is awesome...right???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I used to believe the quasi-"religion" Scientology was a complete JOKE. L.Ron Hubbard is a complete imbecile and a manipulative, child molesting criminal! I used to think every single thing about Scientology was a farce, a ruse and a complete bunch of lying and manipulative S#!

THEN...this show came on cable (A&E or some such) with this gal named Leah Remini. She attempts to expose Scientology using guest after guest who come from some broken and twisted childhood, whose parents are complete freaks of nature....nearly not a single person with any real credibility other than some axe to grind or something.

Personally, I HATE the Church of Scientology, I think they're a complete FAKE. L.Ron Hubbard is/was a child molesting son of a B#!! The whole thing is a lie, a complete tax sheltering ruse.

However, now...I'm beginning to wonder...maybe it's like the circus...they take in all the freaks of nature, all the dysfunctional people, and they're supported by people even freakier than them. Maybe there really was a sucker born every minute (in the immortal words of PT Barnum)

Hmmmm...Hey Leah Remini, can't you find a single credible "victim" of this twisted so called "religion" they call Scientology????? I mean, C'mon!!

I'm waiting!

And NO...I have absolutely ZERO affiliation with this pseudo-'church'. I think they are EVIL as they come, but I do have to admit...surely there must be more credible victims who would come forward (outside of drug addicts, broken families before joining, twisted psycho people, Moonies and all manner or other loosers!!) C'mon!!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Notice to Flyingclaydisk.

You have just been subjected to a controlled opposition program sponsored by the Church.

Your reaction was anticipated.

Remember ... all people who oppose the church are losers. That is the lesson you were taught by this program.

Welcome to religion.

P

edit on 16/8/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
well they do prey on outsiders and troubled people. that's kind of the whole business model.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Most true victims of cult like affiliation do not recognize their victim-hood.
On an individual scale most recognize the Idea of Stockholm syndrome.
But on a group scale I do not think there has been a quantifiable term (or syndrome) that has been announced to describe it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Huh. I don't know... I'm not a huge fan of the show or an avid watcher or anything, but I have seen a number of episodes. I don't recall many, if any, of the victims appearing to be completely loony or freaks or anything. They talk about being abused or neglected, but I also don't recall their parents seeming to be 'complete freaks' other than being involved in the church. I also don't see what makes them quite so... not credible... exactly, to you.

Maybe I just didn't see the episodes you did. I don't remember much in the way of drug addicts. but I'm sure there are some. When it comes to broken homes most of the stories seem to be about people born into the church and no longer able to have contact with family because they left. Twisted and psycho people... most seem like fairly normal folks.

Also, it isn't 'just' these low level victim 'losers' as you put it. Much of the time it also seems to be former high level members talking about not only what they went through, but things that they did to other people as opposed to simply victims of childhood abuse. Mike Rinder appears to be on their fairly often and he was a very high ranking member. Board of Directors and Director of the Office of Special Affairs. He talks a lot about the things he did and saw, being a member for so long and such a high level one at that he saw a lot. Why is he not credible? Not a SINGLE credible victim... c'mon.
edit on 17-8-2017 by rshackleford because: Typo.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
They use a galvanic skin response meter and psychology to make people feel good. They make them pay a lot of money for that.

To me, scientology is just another business.

They just happen to be very manipulative and cunning to get what they want.. to be rich, very, very rich.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LilFox
To me, scientology is just another business.

They just happen to be very manipulative and cunning to get what they want.. to be rich, very, very rich.

i get ya, i just have a special disdain for businesses that deliberately prey on vulnerable people. like the speaking with your dead relative assholes. nothing's pure but that kind of # is really skeevy.
edit on 17-8-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Scientology has many online shills posting s**t to try to silence/threaten/discredit whistleblowers and ex-members. Sad when a "religion" has to resort to such lows.

We can all see those zealots when they appear on ATS. Obvious Scientology shills are obvious

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I remember a few years back, Katie Holmes divorced Tom Cruise over that loony tunes "church" and filed for sole custody of the daughter. She didn't want her exposed to them and it got very embarrassing for Sciencetology. And Cruise.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Personally, I HATE the Church of Scientology, I think they're a complete FAKE. L.Ron Hubbard is/was a child molesting son of a B#!! The whole thing is a lie, a complete tax sheltering ruse.

Actually, Hubbard was a genius. He used mind control tactics straight out of the playbook to form a religious cult.

It worked brilliantly, Scientology is a mind control trip, like all religions, used to form peoples beliefs and strip them of their wealth.

Just like Politics, Nationalism and symbol worship do employing flags and slogans.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Actually there's tons of victims of scientology. My aunt and uncle were in the cult for a while, and when they left it they helped others leave. They've had death threats and been harassed by "church" members. I'll try and search for my uncle's appearances in the 80's and 90's on Larry King live. So yeah, the church is bad.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The only thing that wacko Hubbard said that was a revelation.. was if you want to be wealthy and fabulously rich.. start a religion.

top topics

join