It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from a Friend in the Artic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Holy crap, I am having a panick attack, the atmosphere will get thicker and Antarctica will once again be a lush rainforest OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Wait a minute... where did all the methane come from??

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This was always a RANT, not intended to convince anyone of anything.

This email I received SCARED me. It came from someone who has spent their whole life working this problem and maintained a positive and hopeful outlook, someone who deals with their FEAR in a constructive and unselfish manner.

What is that saying, something like: "The brave only die once, cowards everyday".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
On a yearly basis, methane is 30x as powerful greenhouse gas than CO2.

For hundreds of thousands of tons, the CO2 eqivalent is millions of tons. Maybe up to 30 million tons.

Tack that into humans yearly CO2 output of 25,000 million tons.

Now we are up to the equivalent of 25,030 million tons per year. An increase of 0.12%

I'm not sure why they are scared by this, if this is what they study? Maybe they said "hundreds of thousands of Megatons"?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Guess they don't know about Siberia as well...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Rezlooper has done a lot of research on this topic. He has been saying that methane is the real problem for some time. If you are interested in this topic you should look up some of his threads. I believe he even wrote a book about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

A spike of 50 degrees comes from a tropical storm pushing into the arctic. That's like a weather station being hit by lightning and saying temperatures were 400 degrees above average for the day.

Maybe, if you really trust this person, they were adding bad information in a way that you would still believe, but wouldn't spread any further.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join