It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Speech Protects ALL SPEECH Including hate Speech and Hate Speech Is Not a Hate Crime

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is why I hate these ignorant liberals,they always view everything in their favor,and they offer no intelligent answer,for the most part these liberals walk about carrying signs they can't read,and disregard the truth,.can never be equal has to be their way

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Has no one ever heard of .'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' is a stock response to verbal bullying in school playgrounds throughout the English-speaking world. It sounds a little antiquated these days and has no doubt been superseded by more streetwise comebacks.

The earliest citation of it that I can find is from an American periodical with a largely black audience, The Christian Recorder, March 1862:

Remember the old adage, 'Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never harm me'. True courage consists in doing what is right, despite the jeers and sneers of our companions....

www.phrases.org.uk...

It got many a child out of school yard bullying

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Now tell me does that symbol make you feel like entering into a dialogue ?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Xianb

Yes bust people who are breaking the law or inciting riots. That requires bold leadership, is there enough of it left?

What happened to personal responsibility? What happened to holding people accountable?

I can say WHATEVER I WANT.......how you REACT to it, is YOUR responsibility.....

We have to get out of this mindset in this country, that because someone else reacts badly to something its another persons fault....thats half the damn problem with our society these days and its spilling over into everything.....

Free speech is protected.....that should apply MOST to speech we dont like.....otherwise it wouldnt need to be protected would it?

Yes, yes yes, you either have free speech or you do not, that means people spouting non-sense (neo-nazis) need to be allowed to spew said non-sense, as soon as we censor them because it might offend someone we no longer have free speech.

Then it is just a matter of time before the mob chooses a new target to censor.

Rather than show up with clubs to fight them, a much more effective way to deal with them would be to show up listen quietly then just laugh maybe mock them a bit and walk away to show they are not worth the effort.

By fighting, or censoring them you allow them to twist the narrative , and give them legitimacy which keeps these groups around longer.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a reply to: Krakatoa

From there og. Boston is a white upper middle class utopia for the most part loaded with colleges. It's known for colleges. I want to see these morons go to a black town where peiple have nothing to lose and march up and down the street yelling how bad blacks are.

Boston has a capable police force, fbi forces, nsa, the whole deal.

You've never been to Roxbury or Jamaica Plain have you.

Sure I have, when's the last time you have been? I probably couldn't afford to live in much of jaimaca plains now.

But the commons they will be with the street musicians, jugglars, and Ben Franklin tours.

I used to live in Roxbury, for years. I assure you, Boston is far from a vanilla city when it comes to this stuff. Being on the common, there will be none of that I assure you. People from the entire greater Boston metro area (including Lawrence and Lowell) are planning to descend upon the commons to protest this group. They are also coming from Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Maine as well.

I do not anticipate much juggling or clowning around that day.

I think you should do some research on who this group is before you join in and decide to help Antifa. These people at this rally are just supporters of free speech. They do not welcome the so called "White supremacists" at their rallies. Remember the free speech rally at Berkeley where the Oath Keepers tossed out those with Nazi symbolism? That's this group coming to Boston.

I went to your cities articles on this event, and boy are some of them putting the spin on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I have seen people on this site defending a black person's right of free speech to advocate killing all whiteys.Same with radical imams preaching death to non Islamic people.And further than just the matter of speech,i have often seen leftist members defending Antifa for violence against people they disagree with.Free speech can be a gnarly thing,but imo its still best to let ALL speak,so we can know whom bears watching.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Well the police had Better be on point with this one.If they were in Charlottesville,Heather Heyer most probably would still be alive.I find their incompetence in C'ville to be of such a preposterous level it's..effing surreal.In fact i find it downright suspicious.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

And the Left be like F the Law we have Moral Outrage on our side. We called him a Racist therefor case closed. No investigation needed.

Did he drive the car into that crowd or did he not? I'm reading that they're "probing the case", what's your point with the lefts moral outrage? Somebody got killed, it aint fake outrage. Or is it?

Theres also a Big difference between Hate Speech and Hate Crime.

And there's this thing we call context, which accounts for the criminals motivations. And they are abundantly clear, are they not?
In the end of the day it's just another crime with the intent to kill, maim and hurt a perceived enemy, not a damnd speech. So fcking what?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Hate speech is not crime, INCITING OTHERS TO VIOLENCE IS!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Yeah it can be rough but the poor have been pushed outside by the gentrification, the traffic disaster keeps them outside the city now. It's not the whitie Era anymore. I think your right in a sense though the people are a bit salty.

In fact the traffic disaster may keep a lot of people from getting there which is going to be a mess. How is everybody going to get there the same time with masses like your suggesting. Is going to be like escuse me I am trying to get to the racist part?

Well at least there is no open cary so the blood bath will be mostly the windmill punch and run.

Most will go by T. You're right about Boston, you're more up to date on how things are here. Very mixed, mostly un-affordable.

Last I knew there's been no permit requests but BPD is prepared for several routes.

OT:

I think it's okay to offer Spencer a later date for safety reasons. A complete cancellation will most likely lose in court as it should if UF is in fact considered a public or government institution. Spencer, Coulter, Milo etc... do deliberately target colleges and universities in order to create clash but also to recruit. It's a page right out of Hitlers rise to power.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hey OP... I'll call you on your premise. Start posting about assassinating Trump and/or inciting a revolution to overthrow the government and let me know how protected ALL speech is.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: seasonal

Yes bust people who are breaking the law or inciting riots. That requires bold leadership, is there enough of it left?

What happened to personal responsibility? What happened to holding people accountable?

I can say WHATEVER I WANT.......how you REACT to it, is YOUR responsibility.....

We have to get out of this mindset in this country, that because someone else reacts badly to something its another persons fault....thats half the damn problem with our society these days and its spilling over into everything.....

Free speech is protected.....that should apply MOST to speech we dont like.....otherwise it wouldnt need to be protected would it?

Yes, yes yes, you either have free speech or you do not, that means people spouting non-sense (neo-nazis) need to be allowed to spew said non-sense, as soon as we censor them because it might offend someone we no longer have free speech.

Then it is just a matter of time before the mob chooses a new target to censor.

Rather than show up with clubs to fight them, a much more effective way to deal with them would be to show up listen quietly then just laugh maybe mock them a bit and walk away to show they are not worth the effort.

By fighting, or censoring them you allow them to twist the narrative , and give them legitimacy which keeps these groups around longer.

Agree, or maybe your bagpipe band has a rehearsal that walks by every 25 minutes.

With hate speech just have to monitor if it becomes conspiratorial. Like let's brainstorm about the ideas of how to surpress minority voters from voting. Which honestly isn't too far from possibility. There is a point when hate speech can turn to threat.

Or when your protest has trampled my right to operate a business.

If someone's hot dog cart gets smashed and the protestor are not caught directly whose fault is it. Can you sue the organizers? What if you set up your protests near Jewish business to purpose try and disrupt the commerce and use it as intimidation. There are certainly places we should discuss that do have possible likelyhood. Hate speech can turn into illegal behavior it's not impossible. Like let's organize to stop Jews from voting with intimidation.

It also is important to not let conspirators weaponize free speech against the constitution itself by making an invincible shield.

But I am not saying that is happening or speech should be limited. Just trying to have a discussion about where people like fascists or commies can go to conspire for their goals.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Yeah it can be rough but the poor have been pushed outside by the gentrification, the traffic disaster keeps them outside the city now. It's not the whitie Era anymore. I think your right in a sense though the people are a bit salty.

In fact the traffic disaster may keep a lot of people from getting there which is going to be a mess. How is everybody going to get there the same time with masses like your suggesting. Is going to be like escuse me I am trying to get to the racist part?

Well at least there is no open cary so the blood bath will be mostly the windmill punch and run.

Most will go by T. You're right about Boston, you're more up to date on how things are here. Very mixed, mostly un-affordable.

Last I knew there's been no permit requests but BPD is prepared for several routes.

OT:

I think it's okay to offer Spencer a later date for safety reasons. A complete cancellation will most likely lose in court as it should if UF is in fact considered a public or government institution. Spencer, Coulter, Milo etc... do deliberately target colleges and universities in order to create clash but also to recruit. It's a page right out of Hitlers rise to power.

So yeah scary thought of trains full of opposing ideals clashing with an already crowded Boston T system. At least it's Saturday....

The issue with schools is they are also businesses. Even libertarians call this the Grey area. If your assembly is disrupting the ability of the university to operate it can be an issue in the gray area. I don't think hearing milo is going to swing many who wouldn't be swung no pun intended. But the idea that the youth may have so little critical thinking is also scary. Extremism is preying on the children of aloof parenting. I think asking say Coulter intelligent tough questions is far more useful than burning a car. Maybe even preface it with I know your response since it's rhetoric but let me ask you...

BPD is equipt that is for sure. They also have a large active Intel community. After that tough nazi had a good cry maybe others are backing down.

edit on 17-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Pledging allegiance to Daesh should work, too.
So many ways to go down moronically free speech roads, choose one!

#BlameAntifa

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Now tell me does that symbol make you feel like entering into a dialogue ?

You are exactly the type of person this thread is about .....

Free Speech Protects ALL SPEECH

INCLUDING HATE SPEECH AND HATE SPEECH IS NOT A HATE CRIME

Not content with trying to control what a person says..... you also want

to control the manner in which another *expresses* their opinion.

Your facetiousness is wasted on me

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Pull your head out.

When you start with shut the # up it doesn't inspire a conversation does it, as I pointed out and look at how you respond.

Try using the grey stuff upstairs.. Yeah..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join