It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Speech Protects ALL SPEECH Including hate Speech and Hate Speech Is Not a Hate Crime

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Krakatoa

From there og. Boston is a white upper middle class utopia for the most part loaded with colleges. It's known for colleges. I want to see these morons go to a black town where peiple have nothing to lose and march up and down the street yelling how bad blacks are.

Boston has a capable police force, fbi forces, nsa, the whole deal.

You've never been to Roxbury or Jamaica Plain have you.

Sure I have, when's the last time you have been? I probably couldn't afford to live in much of jaimaca plains now.

But the commons they will be with the street musicians, jugglars, and Ben Franklin tours.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

From there og. Boston is a white upper middle class utopia for the most part loaded with colleges. It's known for colleges. I want to see these morons go to a black town where peiple have nothing to lose and march up and down the street yelling how bad blacks are.

Boston has a capable police force, fbi forces, nsa, the whole deal.

You've never been to Roxbury or Jamaica Plain have you.

Sure I have, when's the last time you have been? I probably couldn't afford to live in much of jaimaca plains now.

But the commons they will be with the street musicians, jugglars, and Ben Franklin tours.

I used to live in Roxbury, for years. I assure you, Boston is far from a vanilla city when it comes to this stuff. Being on the common, there will be none of that I assure you. People from the entire greater Boston metro area (including Lawrence and Lowell) are planning to descend upon the commons to protest this group. They are also coming from Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Maine as well.

I do not anticipate much juggling or clowning around that day.

edit on 8/16/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xianb

originally posted by: Gothmog
I understand free speech . But throughout history in this country , these types of groups have been condemned , their leaders hunted down , and caused to be ineffectual. Remember the First Amendment does not cover threats or violence against anyone. Hate Crimes are crimes and therefore not covered . By any Amendment . Under any condition.

I may not like what you have to say , but you have my honest oath to you I will defend your right to say it. Unless a person promotes a criminal act . In any form . Then they are on their own.
And may God help em , I damn sure wont.

And thats why we have the 2nd Amendment. The other Amendment the Left hates. The 2nd Prevents the Leaders from being hunted down.

& bam, straight to the threat of armed violence on the first page of your defense of nazis.

K~

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Yeah it can be rough but the poor have been pushed outside by the gentrification, the traffic disaster keeps them outside the city now. It's not the whitie Era anymore. I think your right in a sense though the people are a bit salty.

In fact the traffic disaster may keep a lot of people from getting there which is going to be a mess. How is everybody going to get there the same time with masses like your suggesting. Is going to be like escuse me I am trying to get to the racist part?

Well at least there is no open cary so the blood bath will be mostly the windmill punch and run.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Xianb

Interesting.

Does no one see the irony that these democratic leaders and the KKK/neo-nazis share the same beliefs?

*Discriminate against certain peoples belief based on race/nationality/political affiliation
*Authoritarian views on government

“This proposed event was more about inciting violence and creating disruption than a free exchange of ideas,” Poe said.

Even mix in the thought police.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Yes bust people who are breaking the law or inciting riots. That requires bold leadership, is there enough of it left?

What happened to personal responsibility? What happened to holding people accountable?

I can say WHATEVER I WANT.......how you REACT to it, is YOUR responsibility.....

We have to get out of this mindset in this country, that because someone else reacts badly to something its another persons fault....thats half the damn problem with our society these days and its spilling over into everything.....

Free speech is protected.....that should apply MOST to speech we dont like.....otherwise it wouldnt need to be protected would it?
edit on 8/16/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The left should learn to organize peacefully and let the morons do there dumb things. Maybe by accident your umpa band is playing in a dorm near by.

they do all over the world.
deep breath,
just because many have been brainwashed into believing black lives matter is part of some imaginary left they are repeatedly told to hate and fear and that a guy had visited their website once then he shot someone making black lives matter evil meaning the left is obviously.
exhale.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think the philosophical grey area is when free speech becomes threatfull intimidation, or disruptive to the private property around it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I think the philosophical grey area is when free speech becomes threatfull intimidation, or disruptive to the private property around it.

Theres nothing philosophical about it though, words cannot destroy property........now there IS the caviat of inciting riots or inciting violence, but thats a thin line, and honestly if were going to go that route, they better damn well apply it to both sides of the spectrum......

Because there are many police officers dead the last few years due to BLM calling for them to be shot.....

Even at that, I despise BLM but free speech is free speech, and people are STILL accountable for their actions...

That being said there is also a difference between rhetoric and CONSPIRING to carry out something......

Theres a lot a different directions you can go, the point is we as a country need to stop shifting blame back and forth from left to right, and hold people accountable who actually are, and stop the back and forth....

Truth takes no side........

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Theres nothing philosophical about it though, words cannot destroy property........now there IS the caviat of inciting riots or inciting violence, but thats a thin line, and honestly if were going to go that route, they better damn well apply it to both sides of the spectrum......

Because there are many police officers dead the last few years due to BLM calling for them to be shot.....

Even at that, I despise BLM but free speech is free speech, and people are STILL accountable for their actions...

That being said there is also a difference between rhetoric and CONSPIRING to carry out something......

Theres a lot a different directions you can go, the point is we as a country need to stop shifting blame back and forth from left to right, and hold people accountable who actually are, and stop the back and forth....

Truth takes no side........

Well I was really not attacking speech just wondering say if your free speech caused so much commotion like your rally folks stopped the commerce of my business because it was so unorganized, or got violent.

Or we all need to get together to threaten Jews to stop voting. Stuff like that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Well I was really not attacking speech just wondering say if your free speech caused so much commotion like your rally folks stopped the commerce of my business because it was so unorganized, or got violent. Or we all need to get together to threaten Jews to stop voting. Stuff like that.

Well please dont feel attacked, thats not my intent.....im just trying to relate my own *passionate* viewpoint on the situation lol.....

but in those cases? You hold the people accountable that are blocking traffic, or getting violent, or who are intimidating the other people, because all those things are illegal.......

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

There is a small but growing movement of people who are arguing words can be violence. In other words, speech can maim, wound, and knock people about like a fist. Thinking like this justifies violence against speakers. This ideology, whatever it is, needs to be stopped before it gets carried away.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Yes bust people who are breaking the law or inciting riots. That requires bold leadership, is there enough of it left?

What happened to personal responsibility? What happened to holding people accountable?

I can say WHATEVER I WANT.......how you REACT to it, is YOUR responsibility.....

We have to get out of this mindset in this country, that because someone else reacts badly to something its another persons fault....thats half the damn problem with our society these days and its spilling over into everything.....

Free speech is protected.....that should apply MOST to speech we dont like.....otherwise it wouldnt need to be protected would it?

Amen, brother.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Well I was really not attacking speech just wondering say if your free speech caused so much commotion like your rally folks stopped the commerce of my business because it was so unorganized, or got violent. Or we all need to get together to threaten Jews to stop voting. Stuff like that.

Well please dont feel attacked, thats not my intent.....im just trying to relate my own *passionate* viewpoint on the situation lol.....

but in those cases? You hold the people accountable that are blocking traffic, or getting violent, or who are intimidating the other people, because all those things are illegal.......

So it could be a rally for finding ways to intimidate in the workplace by skirting the law as a topic for instance. Or legal scams for bankrupting catholics.

Just gets so weird when disengenous apes use the constitution.

edit on 17-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Its a weird gray line. I think most of the punishment should be society using the legal means to decide what is acceptable.

Want to rally against minorities? OK, that's legal. But it's also legal for you to be photographed and exposed on Twitter for people to fire you.

If I'm an employer and know your a nazi or kkk, sorry, you aren't good for the work environment.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

There is a small but growing movement of people who are arguing words can be violence. In other words, speech can maim, wound, and knock people about like a fist. Thinking like this justifies violence against speakers. This ideology, whatever it is, needs to be stopped before it gets carried away.

Hence the safe spaces.......its all trail heading to one common goal......I think you can see where im going with that lol.....

they have been pushing this "words hurt" "safe space" bs , IMHO to attack our 1st amendment

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Its a weird gray line. I think most of the punishment should be society using the legal means to decide what is acceptable.

Want to rally against minorities? OK, that's legal. But it's also legal for you to be photographed and exposed on Twitter for people to fire you.

If I'm an employer and know your a nazi or kkk, sorry, you aren't good for the work environment.

How do you rally against minorities. That is the weird thing. What is the solution? Exile?

I get its legal it just bothers me when fascist exploit the constitution when their goals are to disable the constitution.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Hence the safe spaces.......its all trail heading to one common goal......I think you can see where im going with that lol.....

they have been pushing this "words hurt" "safe space" bs , IMHO to attack our 1st amendment

It leads in one direction, and Orwell wrote about it in "1984".

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

It leads in one direction, and Orwell wrote about it in "1984".

Oh were definitely living it!!!! Didnt know Orwell was a prophet, so far hes got Edgar Casey and Nostradamus dead to rights.......
edit on 8/17/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

How do you rally against minorities. That is the weird thing. What is the solution? Exile?

I get its legal it just bothers me when fascist exploit the constitution when their goals are to disable the constitution.

I hate it too. People being psychopaths and trashing cities. That's why it's up to us to not reward that behavior, and when we can punish them legally.

Its that or we give the government who monitors all communication to play thought police.

We make racism illegal, and everyone's language will change about any topic. We'd all be cognizant of what we say and filter ourselves.

Also you've been reading my comments, you know I'm not defending anyone.
edit on 17-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join