It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Speech Protects ALL SPEECH Including hate Speech and Hate Speech Is Not a Hate Crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
UF Denies White People

“The likelihood of violence and potential injury – not the words or ideas – has caused us to take this action,” says UF President Kent Fuchs.

"Not the Words or Ideas" is just a fancy way of saying we're going to censor speech we dont like. I have crazy idea if you're afraid of violence how about O, I dont know have Police in Full Riot Gear doing there Fing Job KEEPING THE PEACE. People show up in Masks? Arrest them. People show up with Shields? Arrest them on the spot. That is not Free Speech. That is incitement to cause violence. People get into fist fights? Arrest them. God its really that simple. If you dont like the Speech, dont show up to the rally. In America you can choose what you do with your time.

Theres also a Big difference between Hate Speech and Hate Crime.

Hate Crime: a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

Hate Speech: is speech which attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender.

Remember when Jeff Sessions was a Racist?

Jeff Sessions Possible Hate Crime in Attack

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Wednesday that the Charlottesville car attack could be prosecuted as a hate crime, saying that federal authorities “intensely” probing the case could ultimately decide to prosecute the driver in a number of different ways. Sessions cautioned that no federal charges were imminent as officials are still conducting an investigation into the deadly attack that killed one woman Saturday and injured 19 others. “It doesn’t have to be done immediately,” he told NBC News in an interview. “We will be working with the state to see how they will proceed with their charges. We could bring charges whenever the investigation justifies them. But I don’t think we should just feel like we’ve got to do it in a matter of hours or days.”

And the Left be like F the Law we have Moral Outrage on our side. We called him a Racist therefor case closed. No investigation needed.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Xianb because: (no reason given)

edit on 8.18.2017 by Kandinsky because: Dialled down the all caps shouty title.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

Interesting.

Does no one see the irony that these democratic leaders and the KKK/neo-nazis share the same beliefs?

*Discriminate against certain peoples belief based on race/nationality/political affiliation
*Authoritarian views on government

“This proposed event was more about inciting violence and creating disruption than a free exchange of ideas,” Poe said.

Even mix in the thought police.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Who cares if the driver gets charged with a hate crime.

Also Sessions cleared it, so how is that the left?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yes bust people who are breaking the law or inciting riots. That requires bold leadership, is there enough of it left?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If said hate crime happens because of a hate speech, then what?

It is ileagal to yell fire in a movie theater or to incite a riot.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Singswithchickens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Does no one see the irony that these democratic leaders and the KKK/neo-nazis share the same beliefs?

That's the pendulum swinging. And we can choose to pick a side or say they're both stupid.

Make no mistake, they don't want grass roots campaigns or third partys to succeed any more. The democrats and republicans want us to pick a side. Both are crazy right now.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Can't argue.

If it helps to view politics as a horseshoe rather than a line, do that. I think it makes much more sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Singswithchickens
If said hate crime happens because of a hate speech, then what?

It is ileagal to yell fire in a movie theater or to incite a riot.

No its not

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Spencer has a right to believe and say what he wants. UF does not have a legal obligation to allow him to speak on their campus. Given the kind of whackadoos this guy's propaganda will tend to attract, fearing violence seems reasonable.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Can't argue.

If it helps to view politics as a horseshoe rather than a line, do that. I think it makes much more sense.

Can you elaborate for me? Sounds interesting.

Edit: I think you were elaborating on my point I just figured it out. But please still explain.
edit on 16-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Spencer has a right to believe and say what he wants. UF does not have a legal obligation to allow him to speak on their campus. Given the kind of whackadoos this guy's propaganda will tend to attract, fearing violence seems reasonable.

Yes they do. UF is a Government run Institution. Therefore they are censoring Free Speech.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: JinMI

Can't argue.

Can you elaborate for me? Sounds interesting.

Edit: I think you were elaborating on my point I just figured it out. But please still explain.

Many different liberties taken as to where each political ideology places itself but the general idea remains the same.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

There's no such thing as a hate crime either. There's just crime and non crime.

Motivation behind crime does not make the act any better or worse.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I understand free speech . But throughout history in this country , these types of groups have been condemned , their leaders hunted down , and caused to be ineffectual. Remember the First Amendment does not cover threats or violence against anyone. Hate Crimes are crimes and therefore not covered . By any Amendment . Under any condition.

I may not like what you have to say , but you have my honest oath to you I will defend your right to say it. Unless a person promotes a criminal act . In any form . Then they are on their own.
And may God help em , I damn sure wont.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

What about crimes of passion, they are treated differently for good reason.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
one person dead, many more hospitalized (both those hit by the monster in the car, and others beaten with poles and torches by those fine upstanding nazis) and y'all are outraged and surprised that another white power rally gets cancelled?

it would be strange if it wasn't cancelled.

when you make this issue about free speech you really show where all your little cards lie....

pathetic
edit on 16-8-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xianb
Hate Speech: is speech which attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender.

If the goal and purpose of the white supremacists is to completely take away Constitutional rights from certain groups of people then I think organizations designed to create a new government different than the one with Constitutional rights have to be treated differently. I don't think the white supremacists have the privilege to enjoy first amendment rights when their goals are to take away ALL rights of certain individuals. This is way beyond hate speech. This is sedition speech against our Constitution.

link   

originally posted by: Xianb
UF Denies White People

“The likelihood of violence and potential injury – not the words or ideas – has caused us to take this action,” says UF President Kent Fuchs.

Seriously the guy's name is Kent Fuchs.

This gets better all the time.

I wonder how a Frenchman would pronounce that?

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I understand free speech . But throughout history in this country , these types of groups have been condemned , their leaders hunted down , and caused to be ineffectual. Remember the First Amendment does not cover threats or violence against anyone. Hate Crimes are crimes and therefore not covered . By any Amendment . Under any condition.

I may not like what you have to say , but you have my honest oath to you I will defend your right to say it. Unless a person promotes a criminal act . In any form . Then they are on their own.
And may God help em , I damn sure wont.

And thats why we have the 2nd Amendment. The other Amendment the Left hates. The 2nd Prevents the Leaders from being hunted down.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

As citizens part of a healthy democracy, our votes should never be locked in. We should feel comfortable and proud to vote differently based on situations and show people answer to us... Not the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join