It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Care: Why Can't it Exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If there is any discovery which the ancients could never had access to, it is the fact that early life trauma sets the 'tone' for how a human being tends to experience the world around them.

I am often amazed by the deafened silence I sense at this site towards what this idea means. It is, short, an expression of human naivety - of being "controlled by your emotions" - that someone cannot seem to recognize how differently humans think and feel when we have gotten through the early years, and perhaps all of life, without the marring of our early brain-stem with fear, anxiety, and agitation.

Does it not matter that people today are insane i.e. cant seem to wrap their minds around the idea that their thinking could be different? hey generalize and make statements such as I've heard from people here and elsewhere that the purpose of life and existence is "to disrupt the system". How? How can you imagine that you're saying that isn't a just-so story? A just-so story is a term used by philosophers and scientists for ideas/beliefs that people want to believe, rather than what reality actually offers in its expansive range of possibilities.

On the other end of wanting to believe, I see the extreme "feeling" of the Judeo-Christian world, no doubt deepest of all in the Orthodox Jews who believe 613 mitzvahs constitute a secret message between God and Humanity (or rather, and somewhat counter-productively, between God and the "best" of humanity) - which turns living into one one-stop nitpicking at how things or done or what a certain slip-up means for the soul. The correlations-to-reality become so important that it displaces the human being itself, so that punishment follows those who find the system burdensome - and so, fear, or the feeling of being "judged", non-stop, emerges within the self. Indeed, if something bad happens following such a mistake, and a bad-feeling emerges, it is taken to be "God's voice", as opposed to, say, something that was said by another, and which, because I am human, acts upon myself dynamical self-organization, and so, functions within me as the others "intention".

I am almost completely convinced people who subscribe to the religiosity of the ancient-near east belief systems, because of the non-stop trauma and warring of the history, are holding extremely polarized views on reality - and this, I believe, is what dynamical systems theory, from a "topological perspective", would undoubtedly endorse: extreme emotional piety to a particular concept/relation/or meaning, as an existential "whole", tends to provoke/endorse severe anger and indignation against those others who violate what you define to be the core and crux of reality: people never like addressing conflict, or inconsistencies, or problems, within their worldview: they seek completion, complete order, and complete control over the way reality unfolds.

In my mind, Gnosticism (near east paganism) and Kabbalah (for lack of a better word, Judaism) are both exaggerated systems of speculation which take their internal cues - i.e. references - from one another's characteristic of reality. The idea of "clear-perceiving", or recognizing what the other needs, and taking a pleasure in being able to accommodate and connect with them, is an idea lost to a primitiveage that, because some sort of magic exists, gave the human being an exaggerated sense of self-importance, as if reality - all of reality - was it's own narrative, and that all other creatures and beings must fit within its own imagined purpose. Never mind that most creatures exist, and that all creatures manifest a purpose that exceeds relevant metaphorical connectedness. It seems, actually, that the effort to "totalize" reality, drives humans #ing crazy. Why? Why oh why does this feeling seem to persist?

Is it because early-life relational trauma, or what developmental psychology calls "Attachment theory", basically governs the dynamical patterns of our responding in the world? And that, for instance, some people have far better unconscious regulation of their affective experiences than other people, simply because they received a mixture of care/recognition, and a proper and well-timed induction of conflict to help promote growth?

Some people today want the world to end. They see time as "coming to an end" - and why? Because it must be, it must be. The self-fulfilled prophecy - or the fact that the same ugly conditions keep rearing their head - is the reason. Trauma appears, brains fail to develop ideally, and so, feelings are off - fears explode, anxiety grows, dejection magnifies, and reality, despite its infinite possibilities for creativity, becomes "alien".

Science, it seems, is the only belief system truly radical enough to suspend belief - not totality - but enough, so that ones own thinking, feeling and needing can be weighed against the empirical evidence of objective reality. Such a view is very compatible with Buddhism, which shows, wherever trauma rears its ugly head, remarkable interpersonal resilience, where lovingkindness is intuitively grasped to be a sine-quo-non of a meaningful life.

If you want to do one good thing in your existence, don't block the way for people to come together, to understand themselves, one another, and the world around us, because science truly does offer us important knowledge that can help us give to the next generation what we know to be absent in our own: a non-traumatizing, non-scheming, non-narcissistic, other.

The "Great Other" worry of Game of Thrones mythology is a trauma response: as if I give in to the other, I will lose myself. Indeed, while one school of thought (gnostic) went to one extreme in its individualism (see Egypt, where this philosophy seemed to reach its extreme), the other went to the other extreme, where identity itself was seen to be the thing to be given up.

Why can't people recognize that extreme views like this are mirror images of one another? There is no interpersonal communication, just a fantasy-game of believing one God is fighting against another God, while the human being, so full of a capacity to help and change this situation, remains the slave of the "angels" and "demons" its cedes self-control to. Such games will always be "tunnelling", and nothing more. The feelings felt describe the emotions/affects/meanings that the meaning moves.

Such intense feeling can be real, to the experiencing subject - but not all encompassing - not being "beyond" what you think, and certainly not, given we know viruses exist at the physical level, should "daimons" be trusted since they would operate just as viruses do within cells: they know the inside structure, and so reconfigure the structure to support its continued existence.

I count myself as one of those people open to the mysteries of existence, but down-right irritated with the naïve religiosity of people who think all of existence should be framed within the viewpoint of the human being i.e. as having no value in itself, or for itself. This is something both in the occult community and the religious community which use "symbols" and believe such symbol using correctly constrains and explains reality as it is.

Only empirical science does that. Only empirical science offers us enough room outside our own traumatized heads to imagine a future where humans take caring for one another as a worthwhile and beautiful thing.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I won't disagree with what you've written here Astrocyte.

I have wondered about the end of the world thinking, and so too the asension concepts particularly in the new-age thinking. I know from experience that there are some things worse then death and one does wish for non-existence. To ascend to a better world is basically escapism over working to improve the world we live in so we begin to enjoy being alive.

Perhaps Narcissism is the antidote(?) or result of being "told" one is ugly or worthless.

Perhaps consumerism is the antidote(?) or result of being "told" the world we live in is uncaring and violent.

A pop singer, Avril Lavigne, in one of her songs lamented; I wanna be anything but ordinary please. So who told her she was ordinary? Perhaps the world around her drummed that into her as a child and being a strong girl, she became a singer/musician and fought back.

Keep writing . . .

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Too many words, especially for this audience.

Short bites.

Our basisc 'mindset' is developed in the pre-verbal years (1-3) when we are sponges and soak up everything without any filters. We also learn during that time our default survival mechanisms, ones we will fall back on whenever we are stressed.

And today we are all extremely stressed (read afraid).

We can change our thinking over time with consistent effort. The first step is to learn the difference between thinking and feeling - thinking is a mental process and precedes the physical response we call emotions.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte

Is it because early-life relational trauma, or what developmental psychology calls "Attachment theory", basically governs the dynamical patterns of our responding in the world?

And that, for instance, some people have far better unconscious regulation of their affective experiences than other people, simply because they received a mixture of care/recognition, and a proper and well-timed induction of conflict to help promote growth?

Likely.

"Children with the DRD4 variant of the dopamine receptor gene are more negatively affected by relational trauma than those children without the genetic susceptibility." Also, "There is mounting evidence that the effects of early relational trauma and attachment insecurity can reverberate across generations."

www.themeadows.com...

DRD4 is coded on Chromosome 11 standing as "one of the most gene-rich, and disease-rich, chromosomes in the human genome."

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Early relational trauma reverberating across generations is well timed and stems from the 'We are at War' mentality which "...defines a generation of Americans, with many young adults having lived their entire lives while the country has been “at war.” For them, war is the norm.

But if the future of America promises Endless War, be rest assured that this is no different than her past. Below, I have reproduced a year-by-year timeline of America’s wars, which reveals something quite interesting: since the United States was founded in 1776, she has been at war during 214 out of her 235 calendar years of existence. In other words, there were only 21 calendar years in which the U.S. did not wage any wars." Other countries have also dealt with the same issues we have here. We are not alone.

www.loonwatch.com...

"World War I accelerated the development of radio for military communications, and in this era the first vacuum tubes were applied to radio transmitters and receivers. Electronic amplification was a key development in changing radio from an experimental practice by experts into a home appliance." en.m.wikipedia.org...
These waves cause interference in chromosomes which are "paired long chains within a cell nucleus that are composed of genes (about 20,000 genes per chromosome pair), which are made up of the chemical substance called DNA."
www.quora.com...
Radiowaves trigger gene expression.. Radio genetics is said to be just being discovered now which "...allows one to wirelessly control the expression of genes in living animals" and "...remotely control biological targets in living animals — rapidly, without wires, implants, or drugs." So again, WW I, with the military use of radiowaves that then extended into households either didn't realize the harm or it was done in secret and purposefully projected, and these waves mutated and/or harmed our genes.

news.rpi.edu...

So social care can exist, but our environment as a whole needs to be atmopherically technologically caring. I have faith that through the love of Jesus, scientist will address what is clearly happening compassionately and resolve the issue at hand as quickly as possible.

Do not be over come by evil, but over come evil with good.
edit on 17-8-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
In the ancient past there was the concept of Utopia, I believe the Greeks embraced the ideals.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Plotus because: where am I ..?

new topics

top topics

join