It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Host Eboni K. Williams on Receiving Death Threats After Segment Criticizing Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Is it possible for us all to agree on two things here?

1. People making death threats are disgusting.

2. Right wing people have made death threats before and will in the future.

I am not saying that I can prove they did to her, or that its worst than the left, or anything like that.

I just want to know if we can all agree on those two points.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Death threats are wrong. They don't achieve anything.

But many of us get them here on ATS. It's part and parcel of conducting opinionating on the 'net.

Doesn't matter who does it.

Sure, this time some unibrow right wing morons did it. Damn them to hell.

The difference, the big difference. . .

Is that when I get death threats, the left will say it's a consequence of MY actions and free speech has consequences and I should just deal with it.
When it happens to a leftist, they want speech/criticism silenced and they sh#t themselves.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Until President Trump passes Tax Cuts, America will be a very dangerous place for outward conservatives in certain parts of town, or industry.

I have a gut feeling trump is going ask congress to pass hr715 close to re election or if thing get really bad between the left and right. It's definitely a possibility and would get a lot of the left off his back. He said he was for states rights. He doesn't oppose it. He's just waiting for the right moment.

www.congress.gov...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Remember when the right wanted Kathy Griffin silenced and face the consequences?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Death threats are wrong. They don't achieve anything.

But many of us get them here on ATS. It's part and parcel of conducting opinionating on the 'net.

Doesn't matter who does it.

Sure, this time some unibrow right wing morons did it. Damn them to hell.

The difference, the big difference. . .

Is that when I get death threats, the left will say it's a consequence of MY actions and free speech has consequences and I should just deal with it.
When it happens to a leftist, they want speech/criticism silenced and they sh#t themselves.

I have been called a nazi defender I don't know how many times in the past three days.

I have also been told that all nazis and there defenders should be responded too with violence.

So I get it.

I was just trying to find a starting point, which I am glad you agreed with.

I feel that those making death threats should be charged if possible, but most of it is just bluster from internet tough guys.

She didn't deserve these threats, and neither did you.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Remember when the right wanted Kathy Griffin silenced and face the consequences?

Not all of us.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I authored a thread defending her rights.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Not all of us.

I know.
Just like not all of us liberals are the same way.

link   

I authored a thread defending her rights.

I know. I was pointing out that the right does the same.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I am not saying that I can prove they did to her, or that its worst than the left, or anything like that.

I can only agree with you on 1. Because people suck. All sides, every race, religion, creed, political affiliation have made death threats.

I just want to know if you can agree with me on that point.
edit on 16-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

I can only agree with you on 1. Because people suck. All sides, every race, religion, creed, political affiliation have made death threats.

I just want to know if you can agree with me on that point.

Well my personal political party of The Party of Gentlemen who Enjoy Dinner Ready When They Get Home (The PGEDRWTGH) hasn't made any death threats yet, but if my wife drops the ball one more time....

But seriously, of course you are right.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

People who talk on issues that we are totally polarized on, tend to get death threats. It's sad and scary because you never know. It's a shame people can't just disagree without trying to intimidate.
edit on 8/16/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I can get behind that party! Hell be.. I'd be happy with a sandwich every once in a while. Lol I do the cooking around these parts.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Millions of Republicans watched her, I'm sure that 100 crazy nut jobs sent her death threats. The problem is people aren't able to put it into perspective, 99.99% of Republicans who saw her criticize Trump wouldn't think of sending her death threats. But Repub haters will use the minuscule number of d-bags to justify smearing an entire group.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Dem haters will use the minuscule number of d-bags to justify smearing an entire group.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

She has the right to criticize.

Now I expect all the leftists to come on and say that she also has the right to own the repercussions of her free speech.

But they won't.

don't get violent at nazis what did they ever do to you? kill her.

that's the gist of what your saying?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Dem haters will use the minuscule number of d-bags to justify smearing an entire group.

Are all Dems haters? I wasn't smearing a whole group (I never even mention Dems), just condemning those "haters".
edit on 17-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Are all Dems haters? I wasn't smearing a whole group, just condemning those "haters".

Just putting it in perspective for everyone. Both left and right use any opportunity to smear entire groups.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Are all Dems haters? I wasn't smearing a whole group, just condemning those "haters".

Just putting it in perspective for everyone. Both left and right use any opportunity to smear entire groups.

True, but that's not what I did. I didn't even mention Dems.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

True, but that's not what I did. I didn't even mention Dems.

I know you didn't. Many ATS member have done that all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join