It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US/North Korea alliance?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Could be the way for China to get rid of Kimmy, finally. Then the U.S. could go "woops, forgot about that alliance we talked about."

Not a bad plan, actually.

edit on 16-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm pretty sure the US is more afraid of a Seoul government with Chinese troops in their soil. At least with a US aligned North Korea, they can simply keep Chinese troops at bay.

Look I hate Fat Majesty and his cronies, but given the history of the US supporting brutal dictatorships that aligns with their interests, well this wouldn't surprise me at all.

In fact if they form an alliance, I'm pretty sure the US will give NK military hardware if they put their troops in their side of the Yalu river while withdrawing all troops from the DMZ.
edit on 8/16/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Hence why one reason Fat Boy has nuclear weapons, to ensure the US won't back stab him if they form an alliance.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Sure, but then they would have to nuke 2 superpowers instead of one. Their little nukes would be destroyed before it came to that, and no-one would object. China is the reason their nukes still exist. Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler

originally posted by: dianajune
This would be a horrible idea. Who would want to align themselves with Kim - who is well known for being brutal, evil and nuts.....had members of his own family murdered.....and many others in a variety of ways and places, even schoolyards.

No way should we align ourselves with someone like that.....who starves his own countrymen while he lives in the lap of luxury. Who demands that everyone around him see him as a "god." Which is absolutely blasphemous.

Nope. If it were up to me I would say now way.......no how.

due to the president's recent statements it sounds like he enjoys some sour company.

but hey, not all relationships end bad, look at when the cia installed the shah in iran, sorry.
saddam hussein in iraq?
daesh in libya?
fourth time's a charm (i know i missed out many more).

Well, if Trump pulls a Rodman and starts kissing up to Kim, he should be removed from office. Kim is a tyrannical murdering despot who, imho, should be tried in an international court for crimes against humanity.

Pence once claimed the era of strategic patience (i.e. how Obama dealt with NK) was over. I say that claim was bogus.

One should not kiss up to evil, because evil will bite right back.

edit on 16-8-2017 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Also another reason why the US wouldn't betray Fat Majesty is because there are elements within the South Korean government that are considering of aligning with China.

The current President of South Korea, Moon is cozying up with China.

In the Forbes article I linked earlier, a Harvard professor said China has plans to establish a Pro Chinese Seoul dominated Korea with Chinese troops in their soil.

With a US aligned North Korea, they can prevent China from dominating Korea.

Also with Philippines aligning with China, the US felt like it has no choice since they are running out of allies.

a reply to: dianajune

Pinochet was allowed by the US to commit atrocities yet didn't go to court.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Well, it's fun to imagine different scenarios. But in all seriousness, I wouldn't put much stock in this one my friend.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

*Shruggs* we will see. The moment South Korea does a 180 and betrays the US, well the US are gonna have to throw their support for N. Korea.

I mean the least thing the US wants is all of Korea controlled by China and there already have been plans for that.

Already China is becoming more and more stronger and will soon dominate Southeast Asia and put Chinese troops in the Philippines and other countries there.

At least with a US aligned Fat Boy, he can prevent further Chinese expansionism.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Are you kidding me?

China could March boots over every man woman and child in NK and still have enough troops to build a human bridge over the ocean to America and drive tanks over it.

An alliance with NK?
If we wanted to fight China we'd be better off wiping NK off the map and using it for a staging area.

Fighting China is suicide. We've been funding their military more than our own for decades.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Stranger things have happened...
Kim could use a new haircut, or a diet, he's beginning to look like a Shar-pei from behind. He could ride up and down Trump Towers elevators, with a sign "Will Dictate for food"

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Unrealistic but Kim should be offered an exit by the US, the promise he won't get hurt, gets food, a home, money in the US and optionally plastic surgery so there's less chance people might recognize him. Relocate him somewhere to the woods or mountains, anywhere where there are few people living and travelling, he should remain there the rest of his life with his wife(s) and child(ren). Doens't have to be US, might also be China or any other country that could ensure his safety.

Then a temporary government should be placed with people of different countries, no police or army, just so the NK's have time to get educated about different forms of government and hopefully they would choose to make some democrating system involving voting, but they have a long way to go. It's basically the approach to a huge cult where everyone is brainwashed. Kim can't change anything, I bet he's locked into his position and couldn't even affect change without people backstabbing him and gaining power to continue the cult way.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
That is very, very, very unlikely to happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: logicsoda
Amen. Anybody who has been shopping lately knows we cannot do away with China. Try to buy a toaster not made in China - for under a couple hundred dollars. China needs NK as a buffer, and will not tolerate a unified Korea. The Philippines is currently under despotic siege with a blithering idiot...and we have given up our leadership position everywhere, thank you President Bannon. Kim wants/demands respect and attention. Captain Cheato has given him both...remember - the deadliest thing out there is a bullet - and bullets can impact Seoul in 45 seconds. Cheato couldn't lift a cheek to fart in that amount of time. ALL - ALL - "automated" systems can be defeated. NK has not demonstrated the ability to successfully launch with much above 50% success. And targeting and fuzing is even trickier. Our economy - private industry - would feel major impacts if China decided to get serious about impacting the US. Their cyberpunks are already probing - and have been for years. China doesn't play the "western" games of tactical thinking. They are not afraid of a 50 year plan that gets tweaked along the way - they do not measure success the way we do...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: HogspitFred
a reply to: logicsoda
Amen. Anybody who has been shopping lately knows we cannot do away with China. Try to buy a toaster not made in China - for under a couple hundred dollars. China needs NK as a buffer, and will not tolerate a unified Korea. The Philippines is currently under despotic siege with a blithering idiot...and we have given up our leadership position everywhere, thank you President Bannon. Kim wants/demands respect and attention. Captain Cheato has given him both...remember - the deadliest thing out there is a bullet - and bullets can impact Seoul in 45 seconds. Cheato couldn't lift a cheek to fart in that amount of time. ALL - ALL - "automated" systems can be defeated. NK has not demonstrated the ability to successfully launch with much above 50% success. And targeting and fuzing is even trickier. Our economy - private industry - would feel major impacts if China decided to get serious about impacting the US. Their cyberpunks are already probing - and have been for years. China doesn't play the "western" games of tactical thinking. They are not afraid of a 50 year plan that gets tweaked along the way - they do not measure success the way we do...

If you're gonna call someone Captain Cheeto, don't you realize that your thought process is emotional and not rational?

You're the left version of the crazy right wing people raging about Obama being a Muslim and calling him something like "Obongo"
edit on 8/21/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join