It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's Shep Smith: We couldn't find a Republican willing to come on and defend Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Fox News host Shepard Smith said Wednesday that the network tried and failed to get a Republican on-air to defend President Trump's controversial comments on violence in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend

"Our booking team — and they're good — reached out to Republicans of all stripes across the country today," Smith said on his show "Shepard Smith Reporting."

"Let's be honest, Republicans don't often really mind coming on Fox News Channel. We couldn't get anyone to come and defend him here because we thought, in balance, someone should do that," he continued.

Fox's Shep Smith: We couldn't find a Republican willing to come on and defend Trump

Wow... Why do you think it is they couldn't get a republican to defend Trump on Fox News?

How bad must it be now, that no one will stand next to Trump and defend him other than his VP?

Is this the nosedive moment?

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Defend him for telling the truth? Not surprised.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

we've been in a continual nosedive moment since the election, at least...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

we've been in a continual nosedive moment since the election, at least...

According to the polls.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Bullsh!t
They probably didn't want to come on and listen to Smith's crying nonsense.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I will defend him.

What he said is true. Sad but true.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Why do I think...well because with the warped reality and selective hearing I've seen surrounding his remarks I would bet anyone who went on would then need to hire round the clock security. I'm sure most people wouldn't touch this with any pole let alone a 10 foot one. I'm sure plenty of them understood Trump was saying that people from both sides were there to cause violence and there were those from both sides that were there to peacefully protest. I don't think everyone was antifa nor were they all white supremacist...but try saying any of that in this absurd climate and watch the death threats roll on in. Also have to worry about your job too because people somehow equate pointing out reality as being a neo Nazi defender.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

Defend him for telling the truth? Not surprised.

Good call.
Just like there are many on here that still deny the truth as it is hitting them about the heads.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This has to be a lie. Many republicans still support trump and quite openly.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Trump removed his mask on Tuesday. And revealed the monster beneath.

Hopefully no one will ever defend him.

Sadly, too many have. Especially here. But that's a blot on their escutcheons. And one they must carry with them for the rest of their lives.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Trump is radioactive... he is machine gunning free

defending him after yesterday is political suicide

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Shep smith is a tool.
Not the sharpest one in the shed either.

Like he wouldn't lie to keep a few ratings.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
If you want to call them Republicans anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
All part of the game.

Alll of these people, celebrities, media, politicians come out and scream at the top of their lungs at anyone who dares blame both sides for violence.

Once they control the narrative and have beat into everyones heads that condemning all violence = defending nazis, they brag that no one is willing to defend Trump for saying that.

Remind again why non one acted like this when all of the democrats blamed BOTH sides (and some specifically Trump) for Scalises shooting?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Trump removed his mask on Tuesday. And revealed the monster beneath.

Hopefully no one will ever defend him.

Sadly, too many have. Especially here. But that's a blot on their escutcheons. And one they must carry with them for the rest of their lives.

Speaking of being afraid of the truth...here you are again.
Still waiting for proof of Trump giving Nazis endless aid and comfort.....where is it?
Other than the voices inside your head?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Fox News host Shepard Smith said Wednesday that the network tried and failed to get a Republican on-air to defend President Trump's controversial comments on violence in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend

"Our booking team — and they're good — reached out to Republicans of all stripes across the country today," Smith said on his show "Shepard Smith Reporting."

"Let's be honest, Republicans don't often really mind coming on Fox News Channel. We couldn't get anyone to come and defend him here because we thought, in balance, someone should do that," he continued.

Wow... Why do you think it is they couldn't get a republican to defend Trump on Fox News?

How bad must it be now, that no one will stand next to Trump and defend him other than his VP?

Because they have morals and higher standards than trump and his supporters, it's really not even a question to be asked.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Why they are easy to defend so long as they weren't quote-mined from their context.

"Thank you very much. As you know, this was a small press conference, but a very important one. And it was scheduled to talk about the great things that we're doing with the secretary on the Veterans Administration. And we will talk about that very much so in a little while. But I thought I should put out a comment as to what's going on in Charlottesville. So, again, I want to thank everybody for being here -- in particular I want to thank our incredible veterans. And thank you, fellows. Let me shake your hands. … Great people. They’re great people.

"But we're closely following the terrible events unfolding in Charlottesville, Va.. We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides. It's been going on for a long time in our country. Not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. This has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America. What is vital now is a swift restoration of law and order and the protection of innocent lives. No citizen should ever fear for their safety and security in our society. And no child should ever be afraid to go outside and play or be with their parents and have a good time.

"I just got off the phone with the governor of Virginia, Terry Mcauliffe, and we agree that the hate and the division must stop, and must stop right now. We have to come together as Americans with love for our nation and true -- really, I say this so strongly, true affection for each other. Our country is doing very well in so many ways. We have record, just absolute record, employment. We have unemployment the lowest it's been in almost 17 years. We have companies pouring into our country, Foxconn and car companies and so many others. They're coming back to our country. We're renegotiating trade deals to make them great for our country and great for the American worker. We have so many incredible things happening in our country, so when I watch Charlottesville, to me it's very, very sad.

"I want to salute the great work of the state and local police in Virginia. Incredible people, law enforcement, incredible people. And also the National Guard. They've really been working smart and working hard. They've been doing a terrific job. Federal authorities are also providing tremendous support to the governor; he thanked me for that. And we are here to provide whatever other assistance is need. We are ready, willing and able.

"Above all else, we must remember this truth, no matter our color, creed, religion or political party, we are all Americans first. We love our country. We love our God. We love our flag. We're proud of our country. We're proud of who we are. So, we want to get the situation straightened out in Charlottesville, and we want to study it. And we want to see what we're doing wrong as a country where things like this can happen. My administration is restoring the sacred bonds of loyalty between this nation and its citizens, but our citizens must also restore the bonds of trust and loyalty between one another. We must love each other, respect each other and cherish our history and our future together. So important. We have to respect each other. Ideally we have to love each other.

"And now to the Veteran's Administration where I'm so proud of (Veterans Affairs Secretary) David Shulkin and the job you've done. What you've done in such a short period of time, I think you folks would attest to it. …"

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Shepard is a liberal so HE probably didn't look all that hard...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

he's a liberal on fox, that's kinda like saying mussolini was left of hitler.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

And by liberal, you mean he isn't a hyperbolic conservative fringe blowhard commentator...but rather a actual news journalist.

No true scotsman

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join