It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Is Now Officially A Looney Bin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It started with "reality tv" then "social media".

Now it is monkey-see, monkey-do.

KILL YOUR TELEVISION!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: FissionSurplus

It's a RANT.

Safe refuge to look down your nose on all of America from, isn't it?

In case the fact has escaped you, I'm stuck in this Looney Bin along with everybody else in this country. Stating facts as I see them is not "looking down my nose" at America. But if you feel that is my reason for this rant, then not only did you not really comprehend what I wrote, but the butthurt is coming out in spades.

Doesn't matter what forum I'm in, I calls it as I sees it. Regarding the current insanity and violence, a need for everybody's approval of my thoughts is the least of my worries.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's like a bad episode of the Twilight Zone, but frankly, it has been for a while now.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The media sure makes it look that way. It's easy to say that a forest is being overrun by ants when you only focus the camera on one ant hill and not the other wildlife and parts of the forest.

There's a lot more sanity in the US than insanity but that doesn't get ratings.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

A few hundred eh? Where'd you get that number from? your anus???

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
America, you are being played. Played like a cheap fiddle. Dancing to the tune of your silent masters, who urge you on with pied pipers like Michael Moore and all the sock puppets on the MSM

If only everyone in America would listen to just Fox News, One America, NewsmaxHD, and Alex Jones this country would be peachy again!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I agree man. Don't know how it's all gonna end but.. it can't be good.
We need a reset button! Shut down the internet and tvs for 3 months and let people get some sanity back haha

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm going with some mild, non-lethal form (but weaponized all the same) of rabies virus being the culprit.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I have zero doubt that you are familiar with 'Lord of the flies' by William Golding. I see similarities insofar that democrats and republicans are now fending for themselves with little or no guidance from wise adults, instead letting loose their dogs to fight for control of the conch - the conch being the moral high ground. The sad part is that I doubt anyone will be arriving on the scene to clear up the cries of pain from innocents caught in the cross-fire.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Planet earth is a Looney Bin.

I don't disagree that Americans are nuts, but could you name me one sane country?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Regarding the current insanity and violence...

Now now, Chicken Little.

"Insanity and Violence"?, Thats happening in the Middle East.

The Great Virginian Massacre was just MSM coverage of one little demonstration, not the whole country.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
but could you name me one sane country?

Antarctica, mainly because of the stand-out fact that there is a decidingly evident lack of humans to # things up morally & physically.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I would have said, "Atlantis".

But they let in just one American and the who nation went to crap soon afterwards.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Loved the rant, been wanting to write a thread like this for a few days now.

Since you did the work, I'll worry about other things.
Thank you very much!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'd say there's a normal amount of loonies within the general population. They're just taking advantage of press coverage like they've never seen before. They're rock stars making videos, posting to fb, rubbing elbows with real celebrities and they've been led to believe they're just as "special." It's a fools paradise.

It's what happens when small minded attention whores meet even smaller minded ratings whores. They're feeding off each other right now but eventually it'll get more cannibalistic.

Imo it's the white media talking heads who are the real loons. It's like they forget they're white while trying to convince us how bad white people are.

If that's how they really feel, they need to put their money where their mouth is. They need to step down from their cushy jobs, give them to black/brown people, because they're coming off as all white/privileged. Piss or get off the pot.

Those "script" readers have become self appointed experts at attaching labels to everyone but themselves. They've exchanged journalistic integrity for ratings/cash yet can't seem to wipe that smug look off their damn face. They deserve to lose their jobs and anyone with a basic education could probably do better.

I'm a brown person and they don't speak for me and I don't understand why they think they need to? I've done just fine and their constant crying/blathering is annoying as hell. It's disgusting and serves no one, especially hard working Americans dealing with real life issues.

ETA: Sorry I couldn't resist. I just love joining in on a good rant.

edit on 8-17-2017 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-17-2017 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Planet earth is a Looney Bin.

I don't disagree that Americans are nuts, but could you name me one sane country?

Um.....lemme think.......I would have said Iceland, but word is they encourage the killing of Down's Syndrome babies (some of my most favorite people on the planet with the purest souls).......Lichtenstein? Easter Island? Antarctica?

You got me. I have no idea if anybody is sane anymore. Like I said, I blame CERN and their dismissal of the butterfly effect.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

I am an American, a true Heinz 57, and those dipsquats don't speak for me either......But then again, I don't feel that they're speaking for anybody who will be affected by their pushing us all over a cliff.

It's not the color of the mouth speaking that bothers me. It's what comes out of their blow holes that irks me.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
a reply to: Morningglory

I am an American, a true Heinz 57, and those dipsquats don't speak for me either......But then again, I don't feel that they're speaking for anybody who will be affected by their pushing us all over a cliff.

It's not the color of the mouth speaking that bothers me. It's what comes out of their blow holes that irks me.

With all respect to your rant, I'm a few decades younger, but either you choose to ignore those words by not going to websites or watch media. Or you can hear what is being said and try to understand who is saying what and have compassion and understanding you'd be the greater man (or female, I really can't tell over the internet these days sometimes not even in real life with gender reassignment and all but that's temporary and I'm sure I'll get it someday how to properly relate). The best human would listen, think about issues and tries to come up with some solution for everyone is what I think, to prevent further escalation or even prevent fighting is what we should strive for.

Another thing about IQ, I'm in doubt of the IQ measuring. I don't believe it's an intelligent choice to focus on things like spacetravel right now even if it appears intelligent (which it is ofcourse) but instead we need to look at the basics, get everyone in society a decent life with food, clothing and shelter then education before society spends all these resources on things that will give a lot in the future but we need short term solutions because it would give more peace in society. Not to say spacetravel is worthless just we have computers and simulations, enough data to study it for decades, we don't need to go that fast in that area we need to go fast in other areas like making the bottom of society a better place. And for that we all need to go down a level in IQ to be equal to those at the bottom, which I would also like to mention is the majority.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Cant we all get along?

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Parts of this article certainly ring true.

If there ever was an example of how the logic of society has been warped or distorted to the point of people not being prepared to take responsibility for their actions, this article of a US driver suing Apple for not building in safety features to prevent him from texting while driving...

fudzilla.com...
edit on 21-8-2017 by sciencefiction because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join