It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Racism be the Worst Social Sin????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well. I say let's smoke that shepards stick and grouphug his dogs! Time to put up some way more galactic sh!t, innit? Just imagine half of the global wealth invested in space industry and stupid ass civilians like me would be taking vacations on Mars already. Or Venus? Venus it is.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

First off this is not some deep seeded ideolgy of mine...

I'm just throwing something out there...

Should racism be the worst social sin???

I'm defining a social sin as something that is legal, but considered abhorrent socially..

Is inherently racism worse than being a pathological liar??

What about being a serial adulterer??

Deadbeat dad??

Crap starting drama queen???

And I'm really not sure what the answer to that would be.....

Racism ABSOLUTELY has a slippery slope that historically leads straight to genocide...

But I really HATE slippery slope arguments..

Probably every one, BUT ABSOLUTELY everyone in the south has a few racist family members who wouldn't hurt a fly or take any action against anyone...So if we remove the violence and only count the base racism, where does it land in the social sin top 10???

Does it get the top spot???

Is it in the middle somewhere???

Part of me thinks we care too much if people are racist.. focusing on that rather than actual actions...

But then again being a pathological liar has never caught on and led to a holocaust..

Well, i get what you are saying. Racism is horrible, and like any hateful ideology has led to all kinds of violence and oppression across history.

However, yes, that is a good question, why IS racism treated as far worse than almost anything else.

For example, people can support constant wars and bombing the sh%t out of low income countries (which ironically are mostly composed of people of color), and that can be considered just disagreeable (or not) by most people. But, how is that any better for example, if not worse?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

First off this is not some deep seeded ideolgy of mine...

I'm just throwing something out there...

Should racism be the worst social sin???

I don't like racism and I think it's dumb but telling people what to think has never worked. In fact I think it only damages the cause.

I'm defining a social sin as something that is legal, but considered abhorrent socially..

Is inherently racism worse than being a pathological liar??

It's a tie.

What about being a serial adulterer??

Crap starting drama queen???

Another tie!🏁

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It was basiclly an attempted coup by a bunch of elite southern land owners afraid they were gonna lose their money maker...

You learn that in Grade school? The war on terror is faked too. Blaming the Muslims for invading their countries to steal their oil. How you think history will portray that?

The evil Islamic terrorists trying to conquer the world.

You have no idea what set off the Civil war. It wasn't "Civility' either., lulz.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Being a liar is the worst thing.
If you can't trust someone's words or actions then they aren't worth a damn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join