It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Racism be the Worst Social Sin????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I'm with you.. but has that ever led to a genocide??

In fact I think racism is kinda required for a genocide.. how else do you justify killing women and children????

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I think lying is worse. I'd rather have a racist, homophobic, gamergating, woman hating, nazi spew his hate to my face, than sneak around behind my back. I think everyone would. With an open racist you know where you stand.

I agree, but also add misleading. Lying and misleading, well I guess that would stem from the lies.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I'm with you.. but has that ever led to a genocide??

In fact I think racism is kinda required for a genocide.. how else do you justify killing women and children????

For genocide sure, but lets not forget that before the Nazis started offing Jews and Romanis they started with elderly and disabled people...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

a reply to: JoshuaCox

Focusing on peoples skin color is just anther way to divide us. Meanwhile, they are erasing the past.

They're erasing the past but taking down statues less than a hundred years old and moving them to different locations?

The statues are just another reminder. A sign post along the road of life. In fact it was road signs last month, wasn't it?

"Daddy who was General Lee?"

"He rebelled against the United States Gubment, sweety. Because the men in our nations capital wanted to take away our rights."

And we were afraid of the economy tanking when we lost all that free labor, so the aristocrats eating bon bons in their plantations fooled us into thinking we should fight for them.

Okay, you just made it about slavery again. We are slaves to the system, our jobs, our rent or mortgage, car payments, utilities, groceries, whatever.

Slave all the day long for survival rations, indebted to wall street, the boss, the landlord the tax man and the bank. This is indentured servitude, right now, not some two hundred year old system of Slavery.

But since you mentioned it, they weren't afraid of losing free labor, they were afraid of losing that profit. Still it was a minor reason comparatively speaking...

STATES VERSUS FEDERAL RIGHTS

Since the time of the Revolution, two camps emerged: those arguing for greater states rights and those arguing that the federal government needed to have more control.

Learn what caused the civil war...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The worst social sin is service to SELF.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I don't see your point.

I'm saying that the level of vilification required to get people to whole sale slaughter innocents usually if not always requires you to hate them as a race.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Truth is most people have in-group preferences which extend to race.
It's normal, we self-segregate by choice.

This is only true for part of the population.

Another part of the population seek out others with differences, to learn, grow, get out of the same old same old, etc..

Both the same and the different excite us.

For each of us, there's a time when we like to be with people like ourselves, e.g. our family, and times when we're tired of the usual family drama and want to experience what else is out there.

It's like sex.

Sometimes we want to be together, and other times apart. Always pushing away and pulling back in.

So people constantly form groups, and then disband those groups.

Whole nations rise and fall because of the same theme.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

If by rights you mean slaves that's fairly accurate...

If you work for a thankless corporation , struggle to pay rent or house payments, you're probably a slave now.

States vs. Federal rights was the primary issue. The states wanted to maintain the right to refuse Federal Acts, thus maintaining state autonomy.

I get tired of saying this, people are ignorant of history.

But like pavlovs dog, everytime you mention the civil war people salivate to slavery, instead of the real issue, just like they have been preprogrammed to, by the very state that educated them in federal teaching schools, called public education. And if you forget, the main stream media will be sure to remind everyone its really about racism. And then the deep state will hire some thugs to pretend to war against one another about the color of their skin so the media cameras can show up and film the carnage, playing it up to deflect away from the truth:

That our rights under the constitution are eroded, your history is being erased, and you will obey, or else...

edit on 16-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I like how Thomas Sowell once put it: (paraphrasing) Racism is the idea, while discrimination, prejudice, is acting on that idea. It is just an idea, and ideas are not dangerous or evil.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

WHAT?!?!

Even the article you posted says it was the primary reason for the war...

Did you stop reading after that first paragraph????

The line of seperation between the two sides was slavery...

Free states vs slave states long befor the war...

You can remove ANY variable you want except slavery and the war still happens.

Remove slavery and it never does....

And no actual historian would disagree with that..

Not even any of the southern civil war historians think it wasn't the primary cause..

link   

I vote for pedophilia to be the worst social sin.

Having said that, whatever is the worst social sin always becomes a mechanism for scapegoating and witch hunts.

Maybe there shouldn't be a worst social sin.

link   
a reply to: redhorse

Pedophila isn't legal..

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I don't see your point.

I'm saying that the level of vilification required to get people to whole sale slaughter innocents usually if not always requires you to hate them as a race.

It doesn't always start that way. With the Nazis it began with Eugenics- weeding out the sick and disabled, the elderly, the homosexuals, etc. Only later did the focus become about race in particular. It was a progressive escalation.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What if a community votes to have it moved? Using democracy to decide its not fitting for outside a school or park? What say you then?

Moving it is prelude to getting rid of it. Who cares it sits in a parkl? Those that want to bury the past.

American eyes, American eyes,
View the world from American eyes.

Bury the past, rob us blind,
And leave nothing behind.

-- Rage Against the Machine

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

WHAT?!?!

Even the article you posted says it was the primary reason for the war...

What??

Like the victors wrote that history, they always do. Fare be it from the truth... as usual.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 16-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The guy who says slavery wasn't the primary cause of the civil war is the one who is ignorant to history...

Yea right...

No one who had ever actually did any indepth looking into the civil war would ever claim it wasn't the central cause..

Not in some moral high ground fashion...

It was basiclly an attempted coup by a bunch of elite southern land owners afraid they were gonna lose their money maker...

The Jon brown raid and Lincoln election became fodder for a failed rebellion..

Not justified by the fact Lincoln WASN'T gonna freee the slaves..

But proving it was a stupid move led by liars who only got the public opinion to rebel by pretending the North was gonna march down there , free all the slaves and make their daughters marry them...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Focusing on peoples skin color is just anther way to divide us. Meanwhile, they are erasing the past.

They're erasing the past but taking down statues less than a hundred years old and moving them to different locations?

The statues are just another reminder. A sign post along the road of life. In fact it was road signs last month, wasn't it?

"Daddy who was General Lee?"

"He rebelled against the United States Gubment, sweety. Because the men in our nations capital wanted to take away our rights."

And we were afraid of the economy tanking when we lost all that free labor, so the aristocrats eating bon bons in their plantations fooled us into thinking we should fight for them.

Okay, you just made it about slavery again. We are slaves to the system, our jobs, our rent or mortgage, car payments, utilities, groceries, whatever.

Slave all the day long for survival rations, indebted to wall street, the boss, the landlord the tax man and the bank. This is indentured servitude, right now, not some two hundred year old system of Slavery.

But since you mentioned it, they weren't afraid of losing free labor, they were afraid of losing that profit. Still it was a minor reason comparatively speaking...

STATES VERSUS FEDERAL RIGHTS

Since the time of the Revolution, two camps emerged: those arguing for greater states rights and those arguing that the federal government needed to have more control.

Learn what caused the civil war...

Lol, yep its one or the other. Like always. Glad you bought in.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Book recommendation of the day: "Dialectics of Enlightenment" (Adorno, Horkheimer), just to make some sense of his radical point.

Thing is, there's a certain element of slavery with us today and plain positivism leads to fascism, materialism is unscrupulous by definition. And at some point, preferebly some day in 2008, you've gotta realize that the financial version is already running strong on a global stage, from here to fcking China.
The Brave New Genocide doesn't happen in concentration camps, nor will you ever get a decent coverage in the MSM, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening. Profits or GTFO and die slowly!

YMMV

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Keep you alive long enough to milk you for everything possible. Sheep and cattle.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join