It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP Pence clears schedule

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Two articles caught my attention today.

Pence ends international trip early amid Trump controversy

Vice President Pence will end his visit to South America early and fly home on Thursday, after President Trump sparked enormous controversy for his comments following deadly violence in Charlottesville, Va.

Vice President Pence cancels Virginia visit

Vice President Mike Pence will not be in Virginia this weekend to attend campaign events with Republican Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ed Gillespie.

An aide for Vice President Pence told CNN the vice president wanted to open up his plans upon his return to the U.S. to give flexibility to his schedule.

He will be at Camp David on Friday.

What I find interesting is the explanations given for his schedule changes. To me they do not sound like plausible explanations. How can Pence prematurely cancelling an international trip help diffuse the turmoil around Trump's earlier reactions? And then to "open up his plans" and to "give flexibility to his schedule"? Seriously? That's unusually vague.

One theory: The U.S. might be entering a new military campaign over the next few days (take your pick: N. Korea, Venezuela, Syria) and want the VP back in the U.S. for security reasons. Maybe even in a secured location for reason of continuity of governance?

Another theory: I admit this is less likely, but perhaps a coup is in the works? Maybe even swear in Pence on the plane on the way back to D.C.?

Thoughts on these theories? You own thoughts as to the reason for suddenly giving some flexibility to Pence's schedule?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Maybe they're finally seeing a glimpse of what's coming for 45*, and are circling the wagons. However, if Pence gets caught up in the Russia scandal, as is quite likely, I expect things to get very very ugly very very fast for the GOP.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

The first place to start would be to see how often in the past a VP has canceled trips early like this - maybe also see how often Pence has been to Camp David so far...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

A coup by who?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I think that it's possible that Pence is wondering if the vast dumpster fire in the Oval Office might result in him discovering the keys to the place in the mailbox outside, along with a note saying something about Trump being very tired and needing to take a long holiday somewhere much quieter. Possibly in Ivanka's handwriting.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What's kinda funny is that for 8 years I really don't remember hearing much about Joe Biden. Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Read about this earlier. My gut tells me that there is something important that will be discussed at Camp David that Pence should be part of.

No clue what that would be, but I'm not convinced it would be anything "earthshaking".

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

What's kinda funny is that for 8 years I really don't remember hearing much about Joe Biden. Just sayin'.

Ha! Every time Country Joe opened his mouth, Obama and the rest of the administration likely cringed. No wonder they tried to keep him in the secret bunkers.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A, they are about to declare war on Korea or Venezuela to put a stop to this fiasco.

B, Trump or someone in his team is about to be canned by Muller

C, Republicans are planning to start impeachment and want to swear in Pence

D, They're doing some kind of event to set the record straight, and want everyone on from the administration on record, behind the president.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well according to an article in the Hill posted 3 hours ago it's to meet with the President and advisors to tackle the Afghanistan Strategy
thehill.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

A coup by who?

At this point it could be any number of groups. The so-called "deep state" angry with Trump trying to change things, the Democrats who are angry that Trump is fulfilling some of his campaign promises, and even many of the Republicans who feel betrayed by Trump not fulfilling other campaign promises.

Admittedly, I'm not very familiar with Pence's background, but I have some concerns about him I cannot quite explain logically.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wreckclues

The article I read on the hill said it was likely about north korea... with Pence having his schedule for the weekend open if any follow up is needed...

The Hill

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community...and I ca quite logically explain my distrust of the man.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Pence is the puppet of the religious right. Some speculate they might be behind such a coup.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

A coup by who?

considering every republican of any stature called him out for not blasting white supremacists, it's a pretty long list.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkenMimeMaster

I'm part of the LGBTQ+ community...and I ca quite logically explain my distrust of the man.

Pence is the puppet of the religious right. Some speculate they might be behind such a coup.

Religions have done to spirituality what the political parties have done to true patriotism. In full disclosure, I consider myself to be a conservative Christian patriot, but have little use for churches that feel the need to involve themselves in politics, nor politicians who violate their covenant with the people that elected them. And by that, I mean most all of them.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Cool story... Pence if he were to become president would work out well for you.. like I've said before, pence was trumps contingency plan.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Chromium51

Here's a better idea..sweep out the lot of 'em and replace them with an Inanimate Carbon Rod. More charisma, and more useful.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chromium51

Cool story... Pence if he were to become president would work out well for you.. like I've said before, pence was trumps contingency plan.

I'm confused by what you're saying here. Are you saying Pence would support LGBTQ rights? I skeptical from what I've read. As to "contingency plan", are you saying Pence follows Trumps beliefs? Or that he is so unattractive as a leader, Trump is protected?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

originally posted by: Chromium51

I'm confused by what you're saying here. Are you saying Pence would support LGBTQ rights? I skeptical from what I've read. As to "contingency plan", are you saying Pence follows Trumps beliefs? Or that he is so unattractive as a leader, Trump is protected?

I would be amazed if Pence supported LGBTQ rights in any way shape or form. Also he's a contingency plan in the sense that he is so far right it would be idiotic to impeach Trump knowing that Pence would/will take his place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join