It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White people, here are 10 requests from Black Lives Matter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
When I read this I thought it was written by a South African, this is the sort of nonsense that I expect from there not the USA.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
how did that work out for Mugabe....for Mugabe and his family and cronies good, for the rest of the citizens not so well. Mugabe and co live a life of luxury while most of the citizens starve.You will find that Rhodesia (which is now Zimbabwe) used to be know as the "bread basket of Africa" producing enough
food for its own population and having sufficient to export throughout Africa, it now has to import the majority of their food stuffs.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

#Black Privilege

What else is there to say really?

Here's 1 thing I want from BLM. I want them to go end slavery in Africa. It's harder than it looks. :/

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Here's the link which also has about ten places we can send money at the bottom

I love it how she lists a million ways you can transfer her money personally then scrolling down to the bottom of the bottom, "oh yea whitey, if instead yaw wanna waste your money away on black sick children or poverty stricken school districts here is a link for that..."

She also is a supporter of reperations- repurrrrrations. I wish she had explained what that was, im curious since I find the arguments for things like reparations interesting to say the least. Repurrrations however im absolutely intrigued by. From demand 1 all the way down to reperations, this girl has such a magical command of words. Its almost a shame. Her being a spokesperson for BLM is as much a waste as if they were using Maya Angelou to call Bingo balls.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
If you go to a place in the United States where there is a very low black population, like southwest Michigan for example, poor white people are given the same treatment as poor urban blacks. The poor people in these areas are stereotyped, disadvantaged, prejudiced against, targeted by police, are corralled into certain neighborhoods, and receive a poor education in them. They are white people who come from "generational poverty". Who are more likely to be involved with teenage pregnancy, welfare, crime, violence, and drugs. Whose job application gets tossed out based on their family name. "White trash". It's absolutely true that many affluent and influential white people are hoarding opportunities for other white people. But those opportunities are not going to just any white people,and certainly not white people who have lived in generational poverty. Thus the generational poverty. There are millions of white people who are being screwed by "rich white guy" system, too.

And that just shows that it's not racism that's the problem. It's classism.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

It's a culture.

Generational poverty creates its own problem after a while because it becomes a way of life that is very hard to break even when the opportunity presents itself.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Wow, I, er, um, wha?

There are links at the end of the article of places you can donate money to. One of them was for Black Mental Health. If this article is for real I suggest that particular one is seriously under-funded.

On a side note, I would put her in my will but she specifically said to disinherit racists. Oh well...
edit on 19-8-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've made hints to my financial status here from time to time. To properly address this post I have to go into more detail.

My dads half of my family is unbelievably wealthy. We're talking 7 figure pay checks, CEO's of businesses, connected to the local government and to the feds. Through these connections I've actually met every President and VP in my lifetime, had chats with them, and so on... plus a few in congress.

My moms half of the family is dirt poor, never had any money, never had much of anything. Most days growing up I got 1 meal per day, there just wasn't money for breakfast and lunch.

So, I lived with my mom and experienced daily poverty, and would occasionally visit my dad to see how the wealthy lived, learn to golf, attend business parties, learn to drive on a private race track, etc...

From age 19 to 34 I've been on disability. That's 700/month I learned to live on. I've been in the bottom 1% of wage earners in the US for over a decade. I know that lifestyle very well. While doing that, I went to school, sometimes with grants, and other times by using my 700 in food/rent money to pay tuition. I have 4 degrees with this method and close to a 5th. Something happened this year though, I got a job at a company looking specifically for my skills. It's a good company, with good wages, and good products. My intern wage was 60/hour. Suddenly, I found myself making more in a week, than I was previously making in 3 months. I'm still new to the money, but it started coming in. And it has started changing how I view the world.

What this has to do with racism, is that anyone can do it. I started on the literal bottom. Yes, I attended an elite private high school. Yes, I got a 34 on my ACT. But, you know what? At age 23 when I was well enough to attend school, I didn't use those grades. I started in the remedial classes. I worked my way up, from taking remedial math to taking calculus 4. My english was even worse, I wrote like a 5th grader. Now, when necessary, I write like a published professional taking high level classes.

I've been called a genius by just about everyone i've ever met in life, and they truly mean it. Professors, coworkers, random people... many say this after hearing some of my thoughts. I don't put much stock in it though. I firmly believe anyone can be educated, and have a chance for success if they put effort into it. The system is racist, but good intentions will overcome that, because people themselves are rarely racist these days.

So the point of this: One of my core beliefs is that every generation needs to stand on it's own. I say this as someone who is looking at a 25 million+ inheritance in the next decade. Each generation should earn it's own way without their parents. Because parents don't place people on an equal footing. So:

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.

Last year I gave away a 7 million dollar portfolio to a group. I told them to manage and grow it (using it as a fund for home loans). In 100 years, we can use it on a public works project.

I've one upped this request. Rather than will property to a racial group, I willed it to all Americans.

2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.

I don't accept property I'm unwilling to keep. Try it yourself, become a minimalist and disadvow most possessions. When you're not thinking about stuff, you're free to think about issues, and how to improve the world.

3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.

Mixed racial developments are better. There's nothing wrong with low income housing, but it's the sort of place you should go for a couple years, and then move on. For that, it's best to be diverse, to prevent bad aspects of various cultures from forming.

4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

If I owned a home (something I will never be in a financial situation to do). Why would I give it away and waste the equity? Equity that can be reinvested in a community.

5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.

What if my white ass is from generational poverty? I'm working to change that. But again, I believe each generation should stand for itself. so that means no inheritances.

6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.

So you would be ok, if a white guy like me bought a bunch of black land?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Me?

Or the person who wrote the article?

I don't care what you buy, personally...as long a it's not a unitard. I hate unitards on men.

ETA:

It's not good.
edit on 8/19/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Aazadan

Me?

Or the person who wrote the article?

I don't care what you buy, personally...as long a it's not a unitard. I hate unitards on men.

ETA:

It's not good.

Sorry, I probably used you, but I actually meant the person writing the article.

I think it's ridiculous. That doesn't mean that there aren't social inequalities to fix, but that author didn't do anything to point them out. I guess my main point was, I've tried to work on those things in my own life, in my own way. But I know the author of that article wouldn't see it that way, they would just say I need to give them money I don't have.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Ill just place this here ,

So does that mean

I should get a Check too!!

as my People been repressed since the 16th century

Hell, were went not even Considered American Citizens until after World War II !!

Yet in all Blacks , Asians Had that Status after the Civil War ,

and My Descendants Were taken out of their homes forcefully placed on Reservations ,
Children taken away and placed in Missionary School , and forced to erase their language and traditions
The Iroquois Mohawks is what im talking about ,

So should I get Paid! a Reparation Check too ? Free Homes , Etc..

I SAY!!! NOT!! nope NADA!!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
im a fan of black guns matter personally, dont care for black lives matter. too passive

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It's disgusting reading something from a so obviously racist group (black lives matter). I grew up,on the south side of Chicago. I was the only white person at my school, not even a white girl. I went on to go to a predominantly black university, all of the time doing good and expressing positivity to overcome hatred in the world which I thought works, and then I later became a history teacher and basketball coach on the south side of chicago ina poor and predominantly African American area. It disgusts me to see how backwards our country's views are trending. And that's from both sides. What really pains me is how all Americans have forgotten one of the most important quotes ever said in American history:

"United we stand. Divided we fall."

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
http://a reply to: MotherMayEye

The author of this clap-trap doesn't seem too unprivileged to me. Here is her LinkedIn Profile Which shows that she has a college degree during which she spent a semester at sea. Surprise, surprise, she works for the Federal Gov't. This may be her Twitter Page

An arrest report for the darling

Looking for handouts is not the key to self-sufficiency, IMHO.

Wow !

I've never been able to go out of the United states and I'm white ( supposedly 'privledged' ) she has been to 11 countries, including Japan, which is expensive.

Who's privledged again ?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A follow-up piece on the article in the OP:

On understanding reparations

Same publication, LEO Weekly.

A snippet:

This message was lost for some in the hyperbole, but, sometimes, to wake people up, shaking them up is the best method. This piece was effective. The reactions were a mix of confusion and outrage. White readers were polarized and frightened. Many reacted emotionally, instead of trying to figure out what Helm was really saying.

America has no idea what it means to create restorative justice, or to institute reparations. Too many believe that reparations means sending everyone in an oppressed group a check, or that a black family would have the rights to move into your personal home as repayment for historical slavery and systemic racism. Reparations is a debt, not a handout.

edit on 8/24/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Frightened? How the heck to they construe frightened?

It’s very basic. Extend your privilege. Do something. Help correct the past.

What privilege is it that I'm supposed to extend? For the life of me, I can not ever recall having had anything handed to me in my life.

If "something" is handing someone something they haven't earned, how is that "correcting the past"? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

What's even more mind-boggling is how the author of the original piece denounces this follow-up. She says it was not satire and that she wished that Aaron Yarmuth had consulted her on the follow up. She meant every word of her original article.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It surprises me not in the slightest that she meant, and means, every word of it.

In her world, and in all too many other peoples worlds, to right a past wrong, you must commit the same wrong upon those who wronged you.

(I had to read that again to see if it even made any sense, at all...
)

Instead of working to make sure no one is ever wronged again. The children must be made to pay for the crimes of the great-great grand-parents. But what of those of us whose great-greats were, for the most part, staunch abolitionists? Those who weren't were certainly not slave holders. Most were folks from the hills of Tennessee, Kentucky, and points west into Indiana and Illinois, for the most part.

Crimes of the fathers kinda loses its sting when the fathers did no such thing. Oops.
edit on 8/24/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ah, LEO has an article from the editor, too, trying to spin the article from the OP as satire -- contrary to the author's stated intentions:

We white people...

Keep in mind, again, that the editor/owner of LEO is Aaron Yarmuth, Congressman John Yarmuth's son.

John Allan Yarmuth is an American Democratic politician who has been the U.S. Representative for Kentucky's 3rd congressional district since 2007. His district encompasses the vast majority of Louisville Metro.
(Yarmuth defeated Ann Northup (R) to win his seat.)

The LEO Weekly was always John Yarmuth's baby -- he founded this paper. I don't believe for a moment that Aaron is really the one pulling the strings at this paper.

SNIP:

Chanelle Helm’s piece, “White People…,” was her satirical list of ways white people can help end racism.

Does she expect people will actually send her money? Or include her in their will? Of course not. Her message was not an appeal for charity. Her message wasn’t literal… it was satirical.

Within that satirical message — as with all good satire — was a core of truth. Helm’s comments weren’t about racism in the white nationalist, KKK, violence-against-blacks sense. Her message was one about economics. It was a message about institutional, generational economic racism that plagues America.

Aaron Yarmuth grew up UBER privileged. He has no understanding of a white person who has faced MORE adversity than most black Americans.

But they do exist.

Aaron Yarmuth is a pampered, prissy-pants, silver-spooned POS to dare use the words...."WE WHITE PEOPLE." He doesn't speak for me.
edit on 8/24/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Well said my friend, well said!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join