It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says `Thank You!' as CEOs Quit Him After Virginia Remarks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Only a day after Donald Trump labeled the growing number of CEOs quitting his business council “grandstanders” who, in some cases, were hurting ordinary Americans, the president tweeted that he would abolish the advisory groups rather than put pressure on executives to stay.

“Thank you all!” Trump tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

So 7 CEO's left. Including the CEO's of GE, J&J, General Motors, Wal-Mart, and the list goes on

He starts as labeling these conscientious and business savvy people as grandstanders, but then ends up closing down the councils because he literally can't find anyone who will stand by him.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Two travel industry CEOs left when President Trump first initiated the travel ban. And another one left after the president pulled the United States from the Paris climate Accords.

Apparently they only care about their own companies special interest and profits.

What did this Council of CEOs accomplish anyway?
edit on 8/16/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well at least he had enough people to stand by him to become president. Please send us another Trump update when he uses the potty again.

Thanks,
Middleoftheroad

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Well at least he had enough people to stand by him to become president. Please send us another Trump update when he uses the potty again.

Thanks,
Middleoftheroad

"The best people," am I right lol

If this thread doesn't interest you, don't comment on it. But hey off-topic deflections are the new go to on ATS when a thread doesn't fit a certain narrative

I don't like seafood, so I don't go into a high end seafood restaurant and complain about how awful the food is

Lol

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

He starts as labeling these conscientious and business savvy people as grandstanders, but then ends up closing down the councils because he literally can't find anyone who will stand by him.

Trump thanks everyone that reduces his workload.

If you notice, he thanked Putin for expelling US diplomats too.

That's his theme.

He's 70 years old, and doesn't really want to have to sit in all these meetings, or keep hearing "briefings" about this and that council or diplomatic spat caused by all these people who sit in meetings all the time generating work for everyone else.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Thanks,
Middleoftheroad

"The best people," am I right lol

If this thread doesn't interest you, don't comment on it. But hey off-topic deflections are the new go to on ATS when a thread doesn't fit a certain narrative

I don't like seafood, so I don't go into a high end seafood restaurant and complain about how awful the food is

Lol

I didn't know you controlled which threads I post in. Did I hurt your feelings or something?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ah yes. The CEO's liberals hate and rail against nonstop are now their heroes. For today.

So shallow.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
He'd say thank you if someone threw dog poop at him, just because he'd find it too difficult to admit he was in a bad spot.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Ah yes. The CEO's liberals hate and rail against nonstop are now their heroes. For today.

So shallow.

Ah the if you're against Trump you must be a liberal excuse.

Sooo if 50% the country is Conservative/Right... and Trumps approval rating is 35%-40% does that mean 60%-65% of the country is Liberal/Left. Jeeze some of you must be right there must be massive election/voter fraud going on.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka

Only a day after Donald Trump labeled the growing number of CEOs quitting his business council “grandstanders” who, in some cases, were hurting ordinary Americans, the president tweeted that he would abolish the advisory groups rather than put pressure on executives to stay.

“Thank you all!” Trump tweeted Wednesday afternoon.

So 7 CEO's left. Including the CEO's of GE, J&J, General Motors, Wal-Mart, and the list goes on

Your trolling and you know it. "Conscientious" is not a legal trait when you are CEO and responsible to shareholders for the highest possible gains for their shares, which IS the law in corporations.

These CEO'S have no sense of duty and are in fact grandstanding.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

So shallow.

No, we hate CEOs that care only about profits and themselves, treat their employees bad, and do shady and unethical things to keep their company going. You know, like Trump.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

well the media is saying trump is a supporter of these nazi groups. i haven't done research on who started what so i cant speak on that, as far as the videos i have seen looks like both sides were doing there fare share. i agree with what i have seen trump say on the whole matter. these people are stepping down because of the news media spin on what trump said making him look bad making them look bad supporting him. i am all for freedom of speech, but i think there should be laws in place to take care of these people claiming lies as fact and being misleading.

new topics

top topics

join