It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Membership Invites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by sosuemetoo
I moderate a time travel forum

Would that be by any chance the Time Travel Institute ?
Whether or not it is, this particular forum is most intereresting, especially the info from JT and other self proclaimed time travellers.

No Pixy, but I love that site as well! The forum I help moderate is www.timetravelforum.net . Anomalies is a good site as well, they have a subforum devoted to time travel and time travellers.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
No. It goes against the fundamentals of ATS, anyone is welcome to come and express their opinions within the constraints of the Terms and Conditions. If we lock it up and become an invites only site it ceases to be ATS.

Besides the gmail invites were really just a marketing mechanism for gmail to get a ton of free advertising through a kind of pyramid scheme. The idea of exclusivity got everyone caught up in the rush to get one, just to have one. Yet now we see how ridiculously easy they are to get a hold of.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Its a bad idea,
everyone is welcome as long as they adhere to the intellectual elitism that is already in place here to protect those that cant handle certain ill defined forms of speech already, now you want to restrict things more?

Sorry Kano, i couldnt resist.

Here is my take on speech restrictions, which translate directly into making this a "invite only" site.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
and then this follows

My take on the new RATS forum restriction,

and this

As you can see, there has been talk around here about inclusion and exclusion ideas...ive focused mostly on the issue of free speech, but again
this translates directly into trying to decide who is "worthy" and who isnt to be here.

Bring them all on i say
show me both the ignorant and the wise,
then let the masses decide

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I guess we are in agreeance than on this topic I guess Caz.

Also, here are some random out of context posts of mine that contain the word 'kiwi'.

Couldn't resist it either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join