It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natalee Holloway Remains Possibly Found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
His father is dead. a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkenMimeMaster

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hmm. Strange, I was under the impression this happened in a little place called America, whose laws quite clearly state "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law", not public opinion. ( emphasis mine.)

Huh? She was allegedly murdered in Aruba which, last time I consulted a map, was not in the United States.

Ok, mea culpa on that one. Still, would be nice if the ideas we supposedly hold dear could be oh, actually practised?

What are you even talking about??

was admitting my error on the location. Otherwise, talking about how the suspect, regardless of his other crimes, has yet to be found guilty in court of Holloway's disappearance, and must therefore be considered innocent.

He is a murderer. He was found guilty in court of murder. He is in prison on his murder conviction.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
He was a judge there in Aruba. Joran should have his throat cut while in prison......with a really dull shank.a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
According to what I've read the Aruban legal system does a much better job at protecting the accused than the U.S. system.

To be honest even if he was blatantly getting railroaded I wouldn't care.

I would convict him just because he looks like a creeper.

After all of the things Masons have been accused of over the years I'm thinking you should change that point of view.

What if the public decided your espoused philosophy above was the best stance and then decided to railroad and convict all Freemasons of things like murder, rape, child sacrifice, etc?

Someone accused Masons (as a concerted conspiratorial syndicate) of doing those things - therefore it's true?

I disagree. Without solid evidence that Freemasons do those things systematically I'd have to say they are innocent until such verifiable solid evidence arrives. I enjoy the concept of a fact based legal system (though I'm afraid that is quickly slipping away if not already dissipated entirely).

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I wouldn't shed a tear.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I'm not a serial rapist/murderer (despite all the cool rumors to the contrary).

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

originally posted by: Jefferton

Hmm. Strange, I was under the impression this happened in a little place called America, whose laws quite clearly state "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law", not public opinion. ( emphasis mine.)

Huh? She was allegedly murdered in Aruba which, last time I consulted a map, was not in the United States.

Ok, mea culpa on that one. Still, would be nice if the ideas we supposedly hold dear could be oh, actually practised?

What are you even talking about??

was admitting my error on the location. Otherwise, talking about how the suspect, regardless of his other crimes, has yet to be found guilty in court of Holloway's disappearance, and must therefore be considered innocent.

He is a murderer. He was found guilty in court of murder. He is in prison on his murder conviction.

As noted earlier, this is understood. My issue here is folks running about having already judged him for this crime, when in fact he hasn't been found guilty of it, regardless of similarities. get him him court, let facts speak, then dump his ass in a hole and lose the hole, that's all.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
He was a judge there in Aruba. Joran should have his throat cut while in prison......with a really dull shank.a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No one should be subject to extra-judicial punishments.

We are suppose to be a Rule of Law civilization. We create laws that include explicit punishments, and the courts decide on if and when those punishments must be applied to violators.

Hoping that someone get's an unlawful punishment extra-judicially is pure anarchy and uncivilized.

Do not allow your emotions to overwhelm your rationale and allow you to succumb to corruption. If you don't like the punishments people are getting you should lobby your representatives to change the law the right way and propose a bill in congress. That is the right route towards the shanking you so desire.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

he will NEVER be tried for Natalies' murdeer...but he gets out in twenty years he will be tried in the usa for trying to extort money from her parents.......the evidence is overwhelming that he is responsible for her death

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If you don't like the punishments people are getting you should lobby your representatives to change the law the right way and propose a bill in congress. That is the right route towards the shanking you so desire.

Since he's incarcerated in Peru I don't really think I can 'lobby my local representative' so I'll pray to Great and Merciful Cthulhu that Joran gets a rusty shank in the rectum.

edit on 16-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

a reply to: muzzleflash

I'm not a serial rapist/murderer (despite all the cool rumors to the contrary).

That's what van der Sloot said.
You said he's guilty because he "looks like a creeper".

And besides, most killer-rapists claim they are innocent don't they?

With this logic I can convict anyone of anything.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Fair enough, yet until it is legally stated, I will consider him innocent but most likely guilty. It's little quibbles like this than mean greater things - listverse.com... as this list, and many others, show.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

In actuality he's guilty because he was found guilty.

So hopefully prison ruins his constitution in a rather painful and personal way.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I had honestly forgotten about this case, or even that it hadn't been resolved. Thanks for bringing attention to this, and I hope it brings resolution to everyone involved (for whatever that's worth).

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If you don't like the punishments people are getting you should lobby your representatives to change the law the right way and propose a bill in congress. That is the right route towards the shanking you so desire.

Since he's incarcerated in Peru I don't really think I can 'lobby my local representative' so I'll pray to Great and Merciful Cthulhu that Joran gets a rusty shank in the rectum.

Cthulhu is Merciless and will shank everyone even his acolytes.
This is obvious.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Cthulhu is Merciless and will shank everyone even his acolytes.
This is obvious.

One can only hope.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think his father died

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

In actuality he's guilty because he was found guilty.

So hopefully prison ruins his constitution in a rather painful and personal way.

Well guilty of a different crime albeit nearly identical in nature.

If I remember correctly Joran actually admitted to killing Ms Holloway so his confession is strong evidence against him.

Hoping that someone suffers (even if they are guilty) is a bad decision I believe. That is because everyone is guilty of something. The best way to relieve ourselves of the burden of passing judgment and condemning others (thus freeing ourselves of judgment and condemnation) is to forgive others and hope God will redeem them from their fall.

If I were to take it upon myself to hate those who I believe wronged me, I'd hate a lot of people.
And if I were to take it upon myself to institute extra-judicial punishments unto them, I'd be covered in blood.
Thankfully I transcended those barbaric ways of thinking.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Would be nice to finally get some closure on this. Everything that has taken place up to now be damned. Lay that poor girl to rest. This has gone on for far too long.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Hoping that someone suffers (even if they are guilty) is a bad decision I believe. That is because everyone is guilty of something.

Again, despite the most awesome rumors to the contrary I am not a murder or rapist, unlike Five Head. So I can have some schadenfreude if an series of unfortunate events happen to befall him a la Mr. Dahmer.

As Nyarlathotep once said, you reap what you sow.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join