It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-nationalists Assault Nazi Rally in France

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Abysha
Correct. We fought them because we allowed their ideology to reach fruition, through the spread of language and propaganda.

Wait a second, I thought we fought them because they were baddies with skulls on their uniforms.

Oh yeah and having a skull on your uniform doesn't automatically make you a bad guy.
In the Punisher's case he's a bad-ass, an antihero, but not a bad guy per se.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

There's no way pilots could possibly that skilled.

Which is why those were holograms. We blew up our own battleships.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Oh yeah and having a skull on your uniform doesn't automatically make you a bad guy.

If you couple it with some unrequited annexation it does.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There's no way pilots could possibly that skilled.

Which is why those were holograms. We blew up our own battleships.

I almost said there wasn't any proof of battleships even being there that day but, I have actually visited Pearl Harbor and did actually see the sunken Arizona...

So there is some pretty compelling evidence that there were indeed battleships sunk there that day. At least I'm pretty convinced.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
I think it's well established that the violence began with the Nazis in that particular example.
In the words of Basil Fawlty; "You started it! You invaded Poland!"

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I think it's well established that the violence began with the Nazis in that particular example.

It doesn't matter. Who assaulted who at that beach party?

Many sides, Disraeli, many sides.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Well done!

I heard Hollywood just put out a movie glorifying these marauders called Dunkirk.

We should all saddle up and remove some of those Hollywood statues.

If you think my problem with Nazi ideology is lingering statues, you haven't been understanding me.

No I read the OP.

Your problem with nazis is that they let their beach party get overrun by anti nazi terrorists.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well done!

I heard Hollywood just put out a movie glorifying these marauders called Dunkirk.

We should all saddle up and remove some of those Hollywood statues.

If you think my problem with Nazi ideology is lingering statues, you haven't been understanding me.

No I read the OP.

Your problem with nazis is that they let their beach party get overrun by anti nazi terrorists.

Something like that, lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

I don't think even that is so clear cut.

Germany's actions sparking WW2 were really just a result of what occurred after WW1 (the way Germany was treated by the Treaty of Versailles inflamed them, for example).

And WW1 was really the result of a host of other issues dating back into the 1800s, from shifting alliances to economic or strategic power grabs and so on and so forth.

Really with the exception of a few moments of cease-fire, we've been at war for millennium. Each crisis was a result of the failures to properly resolve the prior crisis, and tensions between peoples have always been fairly high.

Everything is a domino in a long chain of events.

The "Invasion of Poland" by Germany in WW2 is what pulled Britain and France into war with them. They claimed they were reacting to sabotages by the Polish.

But prior to that there were many events that were part of the WW2 situation, such as Japan's invasion of China or the destruction of Czechoslovakia of which Poland took part in by annexing Zaolzie. If Poland is so innocent why would they do that?

Then we overlook the Soviet Russian's involvement in what happened to Poland. Through the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact the Soviets participated in the invasion of Poland along with Nazi Germany yet Britain and France didn't go after the Soviets. The Soviets invaded Poland 16 days after Germany did and split the nation with them (Slovakia and Lithuania also took small parts of Poland).

After the Soviets and Germans signed the Treaty of Friendship the Soviets invaded Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, and Romania. But no one really condemns them for that - or their involvement in the invasion of Poland.

Why? It's because of propaganda here in the USA that's why.
By the time the US joined the war the defacto alliance between the Soviets and the Nazis had failed and they were at war with each other and so since the enemy of my enemy is my friend (at least until one of them capitulates leaving the other enemy to then be my primary enemy).

So US Propaganda efforts were focused on demonizing the Nazis and justifying the war efforts against them. By the time the Soviets became the target of these propaganda efforts (after the end of WW2) the style and agenda of the propaganda had shifted. The goal of propaganda against the Nazis was to justify bombing their cities and killing them outright via depicting a virtuous crusade, whereas the propaganda against the Soviets later on was more relaxed and was about perpetuating suspicions and fearmongering 'what the Soviets might do'.
edit on 8/16/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I almost said there wasn't any proof of battleships even being there that day but, I have actually visited Pearl Harbor and did actually see the sunken Arizona...

So there is some pretty compelling evidence that there were indeed battleships sunk there that day. At least I'm pretty convinced.

That was towed there after the fact.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lmfao

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

edit on 16-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Says the guy who can't manage to stay alive in anything, ever.

RIP, Ned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join