It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s business advisory councils disbands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So these morons had some hand in directing the future of the country, but decided to use this faux outrage as an excuse to make things worse.

Congratulations idiots.

Morons Trump apparently HAND PICKED...

If I accepted a position of leadership and knew that there were a bunch of high level weasels with their fingers all up in the banking system and the government and I had a chance to expose them for what they are, I'd probably hand pick a bunch of them too. Then push their buttons until they freak out and start showing their true colors. Then fire them or otherwise run them off. Then appoint another batch. Rinse and repeat. Do it enough and they'll all start running like rats from a sinking ship. Maybe that's what is happening here.

Maybe all these people who are so busy keeping score and laying blame at every other door but their own need to be shown that they have been loyal to the wrong people in our government. Both sides. Maybe this is some kind of a roundup, pushing all of the scum into one place, so everyone can see them for what they are.

When people react with this much vehement denial and righteous indignation rather than accept that there were two sides to this and both should have handled themselves differently from the outset, and then subsequently start bailing rather than stick around to help reach a peaceable conclusion that benefits everyone both inside and outside their chosen group, that doesn't speak of strength and resolve to me. That looks more like intimidation tactics pulled from a place of desperation. It looks like all the little rats are scurrying for safety.

Anyone who would rather see more violence than simply agree to disagree and work together to put an end to all of this is part of the problem. By refusing to get behind the idea of unity, these people are saying that they don't actually care about the nation and the people in it. They're saying that your life or my life or the lives of those we care about are a justifiable sacrifice, as long as they get to be right, to have the last word and claim some contrived moral superiority over everyone else in the land. They don't give one # about preventing this from happening to another person.

In fact the only person I've seen in the news lately who isn't using recent events and a woman's tragic death as a vehicle by which to incite further division and discord is the President. How many times does the man have to say he denounces something before it's finally enough? Before the media stops nitpicking over his words and starts addressing the message of unity and cooperation instead?

It's pretty simple for me these days. If a person can stoop to affecting outrage over the death of another person whom they've never even met and know nothing about, in order to make a political statement and keep the fight going, that person is probably not going to make it onto the list of people I am willing to trust. That list is becoming impossibly long.

If people are truly saddened and outraged by what happened in Charlottesville, then they need to start showing it by calling for an end to the fighting; from both sides, regardless of whether the violence and reprehensible behavior from either resulted in someone being murdered or not. It never should have started in the first place. And anyone who participated in the instigation of that violence did so knowingly, and is directly responsible for contributing to the mayhem that ended a life that day. If all those people had not showed up displaying aggression and spoiling for a fight, there never would have been a fight in the first place.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

How is trump standing with them ? He has been denouncing them saying they were evil since before he ran for president. You need to stop watching all the fake news.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Trump should get out while he can. Inside leakers, deep state, all media but alt right NK, and now racial divide. He stated the obvious and now he is a nazi. Gee whiz we are in trouble as a nation. I can see if the statue were Adolf Hitler but it's Robert E Lee. He actually isn't that controversial. Seems like false indignation. He did a lot to mend the country after the war and even The North came to admire him. Ask the same folks who want to take down Robert E Lee who were the axis powers I bet they would struggle answering it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
trump has denounced them even before he ran for president....

funny tho, people only see what they wanna see, that is why trump would win another 4 years

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Krazysh0tIf I were Trump, I'd be embarrassed that Obama has thicker skin than myself.

Meanwhile, Obama hits Trump where it hurts. He released a Twitter statement and it got more views and retweets than Trumps did.

LOL YEA! It broke a record for the most liked tweet. I love it!
Barack Obama Breaks Twitter Record With Tweet in Wake of Charlottesville Violence

Yeah he quoted Nelson Mandela what a hero. Sorry but that's a huge fail. Why is he not using his own words to describe his feelings. I hate politicians.

It's not a fail when it is breaks a Twitter record.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yeah I agree. That article I read was just speculation and even it admitted that such a thing was unlikely.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol, the illogical Obama comparison again.

Anyways, do your thing. The bias and blatant disregard has been noted (not that it wasn't already).

What's illogical about comparing the current President to a previous President?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Even other republicans are distancing themselves from the president.

"The president’s initial response left most Republicans with no choice but to break from the president over the weekend, said Rick Tyler, former spokesperson for Ted Cruz, who was one of those Republicans to criticize the president's response.

"It's a defining moment for the Republican Party when you have neo-Nazis, white supremacists and racists assembling in an American city that ends up in three tragic deaths, and Trump provided no moral clarity,” Tyler said. “It's incumbent on the president to provide moral clarity when it comes to these types of events."

www.buzzfeed.com...
edit on 8/16/2017 by UtopiaDistopia because: Quote

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: angeldoll
Trump's base it the alt-right. Trump is alt-right. If he is in a position to run again in 2020 he will need them to win it, so he is not going to denounce them for these reasons.

The change is not going to come from Trump, or it already would have. The change will have to come from his supporters, and frankly I have more confidence in them than I do him. They have a good while yet, for him to finally cross their morality and ethics line, and he doesn't show evidence of having them

my two

The Alt-Right is currently a tiny fraction of the american population. Quit swallowing the MSM prropaganda and do your own research. You will soon realize they are a joke and people troll them like crazy. The majority of Trump supporters are in fact sane Trump supporters and Conservatives and nothing more. They are probably not happy of getting lumped in with them either.

Do not preach at me. You don't know what you are talking about, and it shows every time you strike your keyboard.
You are part of the problem, with all your hatred, and defending a crook who has been elected to "lead" our country.

Again, do not preach to me. I don't want or need your opinions, or your thoughts, nor do I need you presuming to know what I do, or do not do.

This idiot is under investigation by everybody and his brother now because of all the FAKE NEW propagated by himself and his party, and you have the audacity to tell ME - I am the one swallowing propaganda? Bucko you are so full of propaganda and lies you are choking on it and you haven't even realized it yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
trump has denounced them even before he ran for president....

funny tho, people only see what they wanna see, that is why trump would win another 4 years

Hmm the MSM is fanning the flames as per usual. Unfortunately i still think Trump will be JFk'd if the attacks on him continue. People will lose their # when Mueller comes out and vindicates Trump. I doubt that either side will be apologizing for all the violence they have caused though.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UtopiaDistopia
Even other republicans are distancing themselves from the president.

"The president’s initial response left most Republicans with no choice but to break from the president over the weekend, said Rick Tyler, former spokesperson for Ted Cruz, who was one of those Republicans to criticize the president's response.

"It's a defining moment for the Republican Party when you have neo-Nazis, white supremacists and racists assembling in an American city that ends up in three tragic deaths, and Trump provided no moral clarity,” Tyler said. “It's incumbent on the president to provide moral clarity when it comes to these types of events."

www.buzzfeed.com...

The two police troopers died in a helicopter crash unrelated to the events. Why are they all lying sacks of #s...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkenMimeMaster

Read a speech by President Obama and then one by Mr Trump. World of difference, there. Plan on using that as an incentive to keep my daughter in school, when she gets older. It certainly doesn't hurt that one use social media much more effectively.

Trump attended school. Back in the 80's and 90's he was actually very eloquent and well spoken, even in the 00's he was a fantastic orator. It's been in the past 5-6 years that his speech and vocabulary have suffered a sharp decline. It's one of the reasons people are suggesting he has early to mid stage dementia.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

That I did not know, but it now makes me wonder - were they hoping to get Reagan II - The Revenge?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Trump is the president, like it or not, and should be spoken about respectfully, and critiqued thoughtfully. I have the the luxury to feel a type of way about him, but he still holds the title of Mr. President. Same as bush Jr and Obama, whom I both hold strong opinions about, but the respect is what keeps the whole thing civil and allows for civil discussion and minds to be changed.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UtopiaDistopia

He is in office solely because the Electoral College, not the people, put him there. As such, any respect Mr Trump is due must be earned. Which he categorically has not done. Illegitimate administration. My two cents, for what they're worth.

Besides, I find it darkly hilarious that the GOP are bleating about respect to the resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. ( Not saying you are one, though.) Especially after the vitriol they tossed to President Obama for 8 years.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Trump is the president, like it or not, and should be spoken about respectfully, and critiqued thoughtfully. I have the the luxury to feel a type of way about him, but he still holds the title of Mr. President. Same as bush Jr and Obama, whom I both hold strong opinions about, but the respect is what keeps the whole thing civil and allows for civil discussion and minds to be changed.

He's not MY President. I have never referred to him as president and I never will.

And just so you will know, I have no respect for him whatsoever. IF he can do something to expedite the care and quality of care for our veterans, I will appreciate that.
edit on 8/16/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkenMimeMaster

I do not disagree, but the system is the system, and you make more friends with honey than vinegar.
edit on 8/16/2017 by UtopiaDistopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Not passing by the fact that the system is broken, but sometimes you have to meet people where they're at, not halfway.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I do not disagree, but the system is the system, and you makes more friends with honey than vinegar.

Oh for God's sake. Give it a rest.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I do not disagree, but the system is the system, and you makes more friends with honey than vinegar.

Oh for God's sake. Give it a rest.
give what a rest exactly? Trying to have an open dialoge?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join